Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,472
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hemel Hempstead to be renamed He-Man Hempstead

Started by Replies From View, April 22, 2021, 12:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

As part of a modernising initiative Hemel Hempstead will be irreparably terminating its historical roots on Monday 26th April 2021, and becoming associated instead with the seminal cartoon muscleman He-Man (who was born in rival neighbouring town Stevenage).

Any objections?  It's a fait accompli anyway but I'd be delighted to learn how aggravated this decision will make you!

Butchers Blind

About time. I used to drink in the Man-At-Arms on the Longlands.

Mr Banlon

Will there be new eskelators at the station ?

Replies From View

Quote from: Mr Banlon on April 22, 2021, 12:47:03 PM
Will there be new eskelators at the station ?

I'm quite certain there will be.  The town planners are not imbeciles!

Getting reports that, in retaliation, St. Albans is proposing to rename to Stantz Alban after the popular character from The Real Ghostbusters and the former dentist behind the 1992 smash hit It's My Life.

earl_sleek

Due to its historic connections to Thunderan Royalty, Luton will soon be known as Lion-oton.

seepage

It's a major international port - how will that boat that got stuck find it if you've renamed it?

Replies From View

Quote from: seepage on April 22, 2021, 05:21:21 PM
It's a major international port - how will that boat that got stuck find it if you've renamed it?

It'll get the memo

Glebe

maett

but doesn't Hemel Hempstead rely on tourism from the Netherlands on account of it's name being a loose translation of Heavenly Hemp town?

Replies From View

Quote from: maett on April 23, 2021, 12:46:03 PM
but doesn't Hemel Hempstead rely on tourism from the Netherlands on account of it's name being a loose translation of Heavenly Hemp town?

It'll no longer be a concern by Monday.