Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

leftover bol advice

Started by madhair60, April 22, 2021, 03:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

hi CABLADS i've got some leftover bol from a spag bol, quite a lot of it, and I don't fancy pasta again today. Any thoughts on something nice I could make with it? bear in mind I am a fucking useless, borderline functionless cunt when it comes to cooking.

leaning towards "burrito" but genuinely don't know how to make a burrito.

Icehaven

Tacos!! No cooking required, just buy some ready made from a supermarket and heat them in the oven for about 2 mins. Bung some chilli in/on top if you want to spice it up a bit.

Kankurette

Buy one of those old El Paso fajita kits and some cheese, chillies etc. Or chilli con carne, that's fairly basic.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Add cumin, beans and red pepper = chilli

Chollis

jacket potato

add cheese to taste

bgmnts

Bread and butter. Scarpetta the fuck out of it.

imitationleather

Gurke and Hare

Nice on any kind of carb really. I'd go for rice or mash.

chveik

TrenterPercenter

Marrow, Stuffed, lots of cheese.

The Crumb

Buy some jus rol puff pastry, whack in there with some cheese.

Cook oven chips, add bolognese and cheese, grill a bit.

Stuff in a chicken breast, wrap in streaky bacon and roast. Might be a bit advanced and also grim.

Freeze til you do want pasta.

Make a lasagna, a food so delicious it will overcome your temporary pasta aversion

stonkers

Stick some mash on top, in oven ~30 mins, bol cottage pie.

Harry Badger

Did this the other day with some peppers I needed using. Cut in half, fil with bol, bit of tabasco, in the oven on Gas Mark 5, bit of cheddar on top, back in the oven for 5 mins. Lovely stuff.

Fr.Bigley

You could do all of the above, which would be fine, but I second the motion of shoving it up your arse.

The Crumb

Use a tampon for effective portion control

The Ombudsman

I'm fond of it on toast with a little cheese.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Kankurette on April 22, 2021, 03:33:56 PM
Buy one of those old El Paso fajita kits and some cheese, chillies etc. Or chilli con carne, that's fairly basic.

Those kits are a gyp, you're mainly paying for the seasoning, which is likely already spices you have lying around: https://greatist.com/eat/chicken-fajitas#3

TrenterPercenter

apply some salt to it sensually, by using your elbow

seepage

Quote from: Chollis on April 22, 2021, 03:47:58 PM
jacket potato

add cheese to taste

Plus a huge mound of coleslaw. Salt & black pepper in the coleslaw. COLEslaw, not "slaw".

Yeah do the pepper thing...just fill a pepper with it, put a spoonful of water at the bottom of a baking tray and put em upon't, then making a little tent of foil above em and cook for about 40 mins to an hour til soft.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Kankurette on April 22, 2021, 03:33:56 PM

Yep it's just cumin and paprika (smoked paprika if you have the smoky one).

I would always advise sacking this off and going homemade fresh; just use cumin paprika for your spices but absolutely make your own salsa so easy and tastes how salsa is meant to taste i.e. fresh.

It's just chopped onions, tomatoes, chilli (use flakes if you got them), lime juice [nb]I've also got limes because I am an alcoholic (a posh one)[/nb], then buy some of that frozen "fresh coriander" and put a teaspoon of that in it will last for ages and does a great job; defrosts instantly with a stir, then I would add a teaspoon on tomato concentrate just to round it off.  You won't look back.

Fr.Bigley

You need ground coriander and dried oregano too if you're going authentic.

hamfist

make pancakes
put bollo on them
roll them up
put in a tin / roasting tray
grated cheese on it
grill to fuck
winner

pancake canneloni

no_offenc

Put it through your neighbour's letterbox instead of your usual piss

gmoney

Spread it between two slices of lasagne.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on April 22, 2021, 05:24:14 PM
You need ground coriander and dried oregano too if you're going authentic.

You are talking about in fajita's - yes you are right I was just emulating the El Paso stuff.

Zetetic

What was the bolognaise like in the first place?

There's a lot of hints that you might be best off cutting your losses.

Fr.Bigley

Ah I see! Yes you're right also.

Look chaps, let's not beat around the bush about this, we know the best solution has been mentioned.. Bolognese+arse=win.

Janie Jones

Quote from: stonkers on April 22, 2021, 04:56:47 PM
Stick some mash on top, in oven ~30 mins, bol cottage pie.

Yes this. Stir in a can of lentils if you want to make it go further. There's no shame in using ready-made mash, either frozen or fresh from any supermarket. Most do a root veg version with carrot or sweet potato added. Scatter some grated cheese on top near the end of the cooking time if you like.