Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:50:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

leftover bol advice

Started by madhair60, April 22, 2021, 03:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

What sort of alchemy do you do to go from bolognese to fajitas?

Can you also do bol -> Bouillabaisse?
or
bol -> hot dry noodle?

Ronalado

is possible to sign a name on bol. RONALADO add value each time. Now is good investment for SUPERFAN in dubai, shanghai.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Really easy one for novices: Get a takeaway then put it all in whatever you've ordered

Kankurette

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on April 22, 2021, 05:22:32 PM
Yep it's just cumin and paprika (smoked paprika if you have the smoky one).

I would always advise sacking this off and going homemade fresh; just use cumin paprika for your spices but absolutely make your own salsa so easy and tastes how salsa is meant to taste i.e. fresh.

It's just chopped onions, tomatoes, chilli (use flakes if you got them), lime juice [nb]I've also got limes because I am an alcoholic (a posh one)[/nb], then buy some of that frozen "fresh coriander" and put a teaspoon of that in it will last for ages and does a great job; defrosts instantly with a stir, then I would add a teaspoon on tomato concentrate just to round it off.  You won't look back.
I make my own when I can be arsed but Madhair says he's a shit cook.

steve98

If this thread has made you wonder what you'd do with leftover balls (If you had some), here's a chef who cooked and served his own balls (and willy and scrotum), at a "swanky banquet" for 6 (I don't think it could have been that swanky, as it was only $250 a head.)

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/asexual-mao-sugiyama-cooks-serves-own-genitals_n_1543307?ri18n=true

Apparently there's no law against cannibalism in Japan.

Buelligan

We have definitely served arseholes in the restaurant I work at.  Cocks too. 

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 22, 2021, 05:49:21 PM
Really easy one for novices: Get a takeaway then put it all in whatever you've ordered

Given someone seemed to eat their takeaway rice on a separate day to their takeaway curry recently, I think that these instructions may be too diffuse.

steve98

Quote from: Buelligan on April 22, 2021, 06:16:31 PM
We have definitely served arseholes in the restaurant I work at.  Cocks too. 

They'll eat anything, the French. They'd literally eat literal shit if they could.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 22, 2021, 06:30:22 PM
Given someone seemed to eat their takeaway rice on a separate day to their takeaway curry recently, I think that these instructions may be too diffuse.

I had to resist every urge in my body to not comment when I saw this; I equally take offence at people who mix all their food together like rice and curry for example as if that is the correct way to eat it.

These are the real things in life that could tip me over the edge.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: steve98 on April 22, 2021, 06:35:23 PM
They'll eat anything, the French. They'd literally eat literal shit if they could.

Andouillette isn't far off.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on April 22, 2021, 06:36:03 PM
I had to resist every urge in my body to not comment when I saw this; I equally take offence at people who mix all their food together like rice and curry for example as if that is the correct way to eat it.

These are the real things in life that could tip me over the edge.

Mixing curry and rice into a big homogenous mess is definitely the best way to do it. It's too much hassle maintaining a good balance per fork.

I also snap wheels of tagliatelle up and spaghetti into about 3cm long lengths before cooking so it's easier to eat.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: steve98 on April 22, 2021, 06:35:23 PM

And they have. Note "The Insatiable Tarrare":

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 22, 2021, 06:40:40 PM
Mixing curry and rice into a big homogenous mess is definitely the best way to do it. It's too much hassle maintaining a good balance per fork.

No you are wrong. 

seepage

Only slightly, you need to chuck a good-sized slab of salted butter in there, too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI also snap wheels of tagliatelle up and spaghetti into about 3cm long lengths before cooking so it's easier to eat.

Surely it will more likely slip off the fork than a nicely twirled tagliatelle where you get one neat mouthful. Also, this sounds like something you would do before feeding a toddler.

Tagliatelle is an excellent form of pasta though so congratulations on your pasta choice at least.

seepage

Scratch that. In The Raw and the Cooked, Jim Harrison says the only reason why he didn't die at an early age was his dislike of butter.

Zetetic

Cutting up pasta is fine, but there's no reason not to go all in on tagliatelle and ban spaghetti from the house.

I've moved on from rice. Naan and poppadoms are sufficient.

seepage

Quote from: Zetetic on April 22, 2021, 07:21:28 PM
Cutting up pasta is fine, but there's no reason not to go all in on tagliatelle and ban spaghetti from the house.

Bigoli though. Yum.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Zetetic on April 22, 2021, 07:21:28 PM

To be honest I agree with this but at some point they'd ran out of tag so now I've got some lying around for emergencies.

Make some of those American sloppy joe things? I've been meaning to make these with leftover bolognese for a while but never have. Perhaps you can try and let me know if they're shit. I reckon they could be good post-beer food.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Pretty sure in Belgium there's something which is basically spag bol on toast, while Czechia do devil's bread which is fried bread topped with spicy mince. As above, probably good with beer. The latter is less lame, I mean the Belgian one seems to be nothing more than toasted Hovis topped with mincey sauce.

Sebastian Cobb

I've put chilli in a toastie, pretty sure it'd work with bol.

Fr.Bigley

Sebastian Cobb

In the spirit of "what the fuck am I meant to do with this leftover shit I don't fancy but need rid of" I had some channa massala and rice I wasn't fancying, but also remembered I had some leftover (vegan - thanks to a supermarket substitution, mildly curious as to whether there's a difference other than them being both smaller and more expensive) tortilla chips so wrapped them into burritos and lobbed some cheese on top.

mothman

Freeze it, and then when you fancy a pasta bake, put it in that. Or even as the sauce component of this:

https://mhzchoiceblog.com/eat-like-montalbano-pasta-ncasciata/

touchingcloth

Slice an aubergine in half, slap on each half, grate cheese over and bake. Aub bol.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 22, 2021, 09:32:45 PM
Slice an aubergine in half, slap on each half, grate cheese over and bake. Aub bol.

Serve with some lamb. Ewe Bol.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 22, 2021, 09:27:28 PM
In the spirit of "what the fuck am I meant to do with this leftover shit I don't fancy but need rid of" I had some channa massala and rice I wasn't fancying, but also remembered I had some leftover (vegan - thanks to a supermarket substitution, mildly curious as to whether there's a difference other than them being both smaller and more expensive) tortilla chips so wrapped them into burritos and lobbed some cheese on top.

These kind of worked. If nothing else they were less of a chore to eat and adding cheese to everything is good.

touchingcloth

Instead of pasta, why not serve it with spag again?