Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Die, Die Baby

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, April 22, 2021, 05:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriddof

I thought Vanilla Ice had died from the title.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

thought Jemini had followed through with their suicide pact

'To The Extreme' was one of the first albums I bought. I know he was a bit of a joke but I used to impress my classmates by reciting the whole of 'Ice Ice Baby'. "Killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom" was my favourite line.

The film he made was dire, though.

Would've gone with "RIP Van Winkle" for the thread title, by the way.

shiftwork2

Janie Jones

*Bustles importantly into thread* Bay City Rollers were the first post-Beatles teen mania band. T.Rex and Osmonds came close but BCR were absolutely massive, nothing compared. Thank your lucky stars that I can't post photos because f I could you'd see a prepubescent Jones with a tartan scarf tied round its wrist, Oxford bags, a star jumper and a feather haircut. Days are gone.

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on April 22, 2021, 07:07:02 PM
'To The Extreme' was one of the first albums I bought. I know he was a bit of a joke but I used to impress my classmates by reciting the whole of 'Ice Ice Baby'. "Killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom" was my favourite line.

My favourite bit was "Yo so I continued to A1A BEACHFRONT AVENUE"

Keebleman

Thank God I was able to see him play live before this!  Would never have forgiven myself otherwise!

It was two years ago at a nostalgia gig featuring Showaddywaddy, Les, David Essex and, headlining, Suzi Quatro.  A good couple of thousand in attendance, none under fifty.  I was working as a steward and had to deal with complaints from people who were upset that people in front of them were dancing.

Got talking to two sixty-ish ladies, one British, one American who were following Les around the country.  "It's Coventry tomorrow!"  I tried not to look too incredulous out of politeness and professionalism (and cos the Brit was quite hot) but the appeal of the guy was a mystery.  Fair play, he looked early 50s rather than early 60s but he had no charisma at all.  It was as if a completely ordinary bloke had wandered onto the stage and picked up the mic.  The two ladies were perfectly happy though, and once Les left they wished me a cheery goodnight.  "Hang on," I said, "you know David Essex and Suzi Quatro are still to come?"  "Yeah, don't want to see them," they told me.

holyzombiejesus

One of the most annoying women in my office is still a massive BCR fan. She loves them almost as much as she hates BLM and trans people. She still wears a tartan scarf and attends meet-ups with other BCR fans. Wept in the office when one of them died a couple of years ago and didn't talk to me when I asked 'wasn' t one of them a paedophile?' Delighted to say she will absolutely fucking devestated by this.

Captain Poodle Basher

Quote from: Janie Jones on April 22, 2021, 07:43:51 PM
*Bustles importantly into thread* Bay City Rollers were the first post-Beatles teen mania band. T.Rex and Osmonds came close but BCR were absolutely massive, nothing compared. Thank your lucky stars that I can't post photos because f I could you'd see a prepubescent Jones with a tartan scarf tied round its wrist, Oxford bags, a star jumper and a feather haircut. Days are gone.

BCR was my first experience with fan mania. The guy living nextdoor to us was in his late teens compared to pre-teen me. The local BCR fans decided he looked like Ian Mitchell, mostly because they both had shoulder-length dark hair and were called Ian. No further lookalikeness was required.

So, for a few weeks, gangs of girls dressed head to toe in tartan would gather outside the front of Ian's house to sing BCR songs and try and catch a glimpse of Ian.

Then, as soon as it had started, it was gone.

All I can remember was standing in our front garden while one girl was being led away sobbing because Ian wasn't at home that day. That and how polite it all was, nobody came anywhere near our house in order to gain access to nextdoor or anything.

jobotic

Chriddof

I heard he loves the sight of a spirit level.