Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Local elections and PCC elections 2021 thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 23, 2021, 02:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Quote from: imitationleather on May 08, 2021, 04:00:00 PM
The Guardian are probably going to coo over Burnham as the sort of person who should be leading Labour, and whoever replaces Kieth will be unfavourably compared to him to the extent that their reign will be badly hobbled before it's even begun.

The logistics of Burnham becoming leader mean it's not going to happen though. It'd involve Labour winning a by-election, which doesn't seem likely to happen for a good long while.

If Brabin wins mayor here in W. Yorks, which is likely, Batley & Spen will have a by-election. No chance Burnham would risk it though.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 08, 2021, 03:49:54 PM
Helen fucking Pidd.

Helen Piss.

BlodwynPig

Guardian Today: "Burnham looks the part, thinks the part, speaks the part. A deep thinker who, close friends tell me, is savvy and forensic when it comes to politics..."

Petey Pate

Luke 'Zionist shitlord' Akehurst didn't win in my local ward, which I'm pretty pleased about if nothing else.

Fambo Number Mive

That's good. Nice to see another Green on Oxford City Council as well.

Kankurette

Burnham is still less of a useless twat than Starmer is. He's not going to replace him though, that ship has sailed.

king_tubby

Quote from: Petey Pate on May 08, 2021, 06:25:12 PM
Luke 'Zionist shitlord' Akehurst didn't win in my local ward, which I'm pretty pleased about if nothing else.

Just seen that. Good times.

king_tubby

Jennifer Saunders is nothing when pitted against DICK WOLF

BlodwynPig

Dr Rock

Kankurette

king_tubby

imitationleather

Yeah get rid of the working class northern woman Keith. Get a London man instead.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: king_tubby on May 08, 2021, 07:17:57 PM
Fucking hell.

Leadership challenge in 10..9..8..

Blair in 7...6...5...

Surely not.  Please.  No. 

Blumf

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 08, 2021, 07:04:05 PM
Starmer's sacked Rayner.

https://news.sky.com/story/angela-rayner-sacked-as-labour-party-chair-by-sir-keir-starmer-sky-news-understands-12301037
QuoteSir Keir Starmer has sacked Angela Rayner as Labour Party chair, Sky News understands.

Ms Rayner remains the party's deputy leader as that is an elected position.

Keir there, taking responsibility.

Fabian Thomsett

LOL Keith's just an overgrown toddler when it comes to it.

Labour probably are completely fucked btw

Mr_Simnock

From the BBC article on the matter

"The Labour leadership's response to poor results in England will be both political and organisational.

There will be a reshuffle of the shadow cabinet, and more staff will be moved out of London to regional offices.

The policies Sir Keir Starmer inherited from his predecessor Jeremy Corbyn will also be formally reviewed.

Labour peer Lord Mandelson - who has advised Sir Keir's team - called for this review and envisaged the process running for 18 months to two years.

Labour sources say that Sir Keir could use the exercise not just to distance himself from the 2019 manifesto, but to move away from some of the policy pledges he made in last year's leadership contest - which had been designed to appeal to the party's left."

Looks like the idiots idea is to move Labour further to the right, rest assured this will be the death of his time as Labour leader.

Sebastian Cobb

Pulling the 'launching a review' trick to try and bide himself another 18 months to 2 years though.

fucking clown

Blumf

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on May 08, 2021, 07:52:06 PM
From the BBC article on the matter
Labour peer Lord Mandelson - who has advised Sir Keir's team - called for this review and envisaged the process running for 18 months to two years.

Fucking hell, another 2 years of bugger all opposition.

greencalx

A review or an enquiry is Keith's answer to everything.

Talking of which, did the review into the 2017 election sabotage leak ever reach a conclusion?

Fambo Number Mive

Galaxy brain is worried about Shaun Bailey:

QuoteI hope they find a safe seat for Shaun Bailey, who's defied all expectations despite being cut adrift by Conservative high command. I wonder why they went in all guns blazing for Goldsmith, & then rewarded his serial failures with a seat in the Lords, but hung Bailey out to dry.

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1391022515561156611

EOLAN

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 08, 2021, 08:24:54 PM
Galaxy brain is worried about Shaun Bailey:

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1391022515561156611

That is a bit baffling. If he being smugly ironic at all.
And if he is as good a candidate as O'Brien thinks he is, why does he need to be put into a safe seat rather than a competitive one where his capabilities could see Bailey win out.

Ferris

Love how blatant it all is.

"He needs to be rewarded by being given a position (oh right yeah and fuck whatever district he's representing or maybe he'll do a good job whatever)".

jobotic

Find him a seat where homeless people have five grand in their backpacks and teenage mothers have a sense of responsibility, oh and women are better at influencing men not to hit them.

All one big club. Despise O'Brien.

Sebastian Cobb

Egyptian Feast

I love how he followed it with the 'On the other hand...' quote-tweet of somebody disagreeing with him to show how balanced and not at all thick as shit he is.

jobotic

London Mayoral elections delayed until 10pm.

Coke induced stage soiling by Fox? Brian for Mayor vomited up gallons of his own magic piss?

Hope it doesn't mean Bailey's done well

Kankurette

Khan was predicted to win last time I checked. Hope Lozza shits his pants in rage.