Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:30:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Local elections and PCC elections 2021 thread

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 23, 2021, 02:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernice

I'll be voting Labour in Hackney (and for Mayor of Hackney) cos they seem an alright sort. Sian Berry for Mayor of London.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Bernice on May 05, 2021, 04:00:32 PM
I'll be voting Labour in Hackney (and for Mayor of Hackney) cos they seem an alright sort. Sian Berry for Mayor of London.

Not only did her 'anti semites don't come from Labour to The Greens' tweet piss me off but it also showed her complete lack of understanding.

As if they won't get any of that kind of rabid shit flung at them if they continue to gain traction.

pigamus

I've already forgotten which PCC I voted for.

Pink Gregory

There's loads of vegan chocolate.  What kind of half-assed vegan are you.  See this is why I can't endorse the Green Party.

Labour for council (good councillors I'm reliably informed)
Not voting for Metro Mayor or PCC
TUSC for Mayot

Cuellar

Don't know if I can really be bothered with any of this

imitationleather

I'm not voting but will be sticking around to be very critical of Labour tomorrow night.

monkfromhavana

Probably just vote TUSC and have done with it.

Blumf

Quote from: Bernice on May 05, 2021, 04:00:32 PM

Do you get to vote for the Pearly King and Queen this year?

Consignia

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 05, 2021, 10:16:55 AM
*vomits*

Just imagining someone deciding who to vote for based on the leader's sweet choices. Thanks BBC and Harry for this pointless fluff.

Meanwhile Labour are still trying to lower expectations, probably knowing Keith will be bad for local elections.
How can Keith not know if a Rolo is a sweet? What else is it? A very tiny cylindrical chocolate bar? Some kind of egg?

Jeremy Corbyn hates sugar.

Fambo Number Mive

Thomas

Thankfully Corbyn's sugarless, vegetarian lifestyle means he'll outlive absolutely everyone in UK politics including those who haven't entered yet.

pigamus

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 05, 2021, 06:00:16 PM
How can Keith not know if a Rolo is a sweet?

Well it isn't. Rolos are chocolates.

Jockice

Quote from: Pink Gregory on May 05, 2021, 04:14:16 PM
There's loads of vegan chocolate.  What kind of half-assed vegan are you.  See this is why I can't endorse the Green Party.

The greatest chocolates on earth, Ruffle Bars, are vegan. I told a vegan friend that last week and she'd never heard of them so I said I'd get her some. Although if I do it's likely I'll eat them before I see her.

BlodwynPig

Fambo Number Mive

DrGreggles

Just voted.
Not another soul to be seen.
My prediction* is a low turn out, with Labour voters abstaining rather than voting for another party.
Also it's a bit chilly today.

*based on those 2 minutes

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Postal voting doesn't have the same sense of importance as  being mildly physically inconvenienced; having to stomp down to a polling station and, with great haughtiness, sneerily flourishing your pencil mark in the box and peacocking out of the booth like big billy bollocks.

DrGreggles

pigamus

I miss voting in person as well, but when I heard about the photo ID changes a postal vote seemed like a no-brainer.

SpiderChrist

Mrs SpiderChrist asked me when I was going to vote today. I said I was going to write to the Queen instead and ask her to give me the money to buy my own home. "That won't work" she said.

buttgammon

I mailed my ballot a fortnight ago but the post is so unreliable between Ireland and Britain at the moment that I'm not 100% it will have been received. American friends told me they could track the progress of their votes online during last year's election, which at least gives the peace of mind that postal voting normally doesn't.

I'll be watching the Senedd results come in with grim fascination. I wanted to vote Plaid but basically had to vote Labour in the constituency ballot, as I'm from a Labour-Tory marginal that elected some racist Johnsonite scumbag to Westminster in 2019.

thugler

Voting Labour i think. Reluctantly but my policy is vote Labour until the voting system changes unless there is some mega cunt running. West mids mayor is a foregone conclusion, and PCC who cares. Has there ever been more than 1 or 2 examples of the PCC going a different way to the way the area usually votes? Yet it costs millions to run...

Kankurette

jobotic

Still can't decide on whether or not to bother voting in PCC. Polling station is on way home from work, but Tory, LD and Labour?

JamesTC

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 05, 2021, 10:16:55 AM
*vomits*

Just imagining someone deciding who to vote for based on the leader's sweet choices. Thanks BBC and Harry for this pointless fluff.

Keith really won that leader's debate. I'm starting to come around to him.

thugler

Has anyone noticed the phenomenon of a tory mayor in a non tory area getting seen by some of the public as being 'quite good actually' because as they are a tory they've been given a ton of money to spend, while Labour areas have been intentionally deprived of funding. Drives me mental.

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder what the BBC will follow it up with

"Six year old Meredith wants to know, what's the biggest word you can spell"

"Twelve year old Colin wants to know, what is their favourite member of Hollyoaks?"