Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,351
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:55:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Fashionably Late Euro 2020 Thread

Started by DrGreggles, April 23, 2021, 03:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Italy are my go-to glory team in international football.
They seem to be either fantastic or shit in a tournament - rarely anything in between.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 04, 2021, 10:59:49 AM
Italy are my go-to glory team in international football.
They seem to be either fantastic or shit in a tournament - rarely anything in between.

We share a common interest here it seems.
And usually when they are expected to be one of fantastic and shit; they turn out to be the other.

Bernice

No CaB fantasy league? Winner gets to drink a lager! Loser has to drink cum out of Jonesy's whinnet sock 😂😂😂

Echo Valley 2-6809

Who's the Partridge soundalike wittering away as if nothing is happening during the build-up to Wirtz's first for Germany last night?
I don't think it's Sky.  https://imgur.com/gallery/QZjpacv

BlodwynPig

Finland lose 1-0 to lowly Estonia. Whipping boÿÿs

pandadeath

Not sure where to post this but since it's tangentially related to the Euros this seems as good a place as any.

I've recently been archiving old analogue video (mostly family home movies and interesting snippets recorded off TV) and since I own a VHS copy of the 1998 BBC TV movie "My Summer With Des" I decided to archive that too. It doesn't appear to exist online anywhere (there was a torrent for it about 15 years ago but I can't find any trace now) so I thought I would upload it to torrent or video sharing sites in case anyone else wants to take a trip down memory lane.

Where is best to post it? I did a quick search about how to go about uploading a torrent but it was all a bit over my head (and if I upload it to YouTube it'll get an immediate copyright strike for its liberal use of Three Lions). I thought somewhere like UK Nova would make sense but not sure if that still exists so any advice would be welcome.

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place/inappropriate but I figured some of you lot would probably be interested in seeing it anyway.

On topic, I'm really looking forward to the Euros - my first real chance to support a Scotland Men's team at a major tournament, that first game against the Czech Republic is going to be massive.

notjosh

Stick it on mega.io and share the link on reddit. You could put it on TV Chaos but think you have to be a user for a while before you can upload.

DrGreggles

I'm a long time TV Chaos-er, if it needs uploading.

bgmnts

Wales are going to get utterly embarrassed in this tournament. 0 points.

A lovely little dispiriting article to make me not want to looking forward to anything:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51806842

pandadeath

Thanks for the advice notjosh

DrGreggles, if I PM you the download link would you be able to list it? Thanks!

chveik

Quote from: bgmnts on June 05, 2021, 07:36:13 PM
Wales are going to get utterly embarrassed in this tournament. 0 points.

well you can always dream for a goaless draw against Switzerland

imitationleather

The format of the Euros now is so stupid that zero points in the group stage probably gets you a bye to the final.

....Is something my grandad would probably say if he were still alive!!

chveik

there's still a (very thin) chance to go through with only one point. the world cup with 48 teams will be dreadful, hopefully we will be all dead by then.

DrGreggles

Quote from: pandadeath on June 05, 2021, 10:48:55 PM
Thanks for the advice notjosh

DrGreggles, if I PM you the download link would you be able to list it? Thanks!

Yes, no problem.

Chedney Honks

Why even have qualifying when you end up with so many teams in the shit cup?

Should make it like the FA Cup. Knockout every round, group stages are crap.

El Unicornio, mang

I have to confess that I've always enjoyed the more relaxed atmosphere of the group stage matches between hopeless teams in front of 10 supporters than the knockout stages, so I'm not entirely bothered about it.

SpiderChrist

Hooray! More culture war bollox

QuoteA Conservative MP has vowed to boycott England's games in the European Championships over players' decision to take the knee before matches.

Lee Anderson, the MP for Ashfield in Nottinghamshire, said that by taking the knee the England team was supporting a "political movement" and risked alienating "traditional supporters".

"For the first time in my life I will not be watching my beloved England team whilst they are supporting a political movement whose core principles aim to undermine our very way of life," he said in a Facebook post.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/06/tory-mp-to-boycott-england-games-in-row-over-taking-the-knee

DrGreggles

Just been looking at the venues.
Isn't having at least one team in every group playing at home a bit unfair?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 06, 2021, 01:15:27 PM
Just been looking at the venues.
Isn't having at least one team in every group playing at home a bit unfair?

Massively. Money men have been gaming sport like this for years, but now its brazen. No more Denmark, Greece or Corbyn surprises.

DrGreggles

England could (theoretically) win it by playing every game at home.

DrGreggles

Andy Carroll released by Toon.

You have to wonder where the goals will come from now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 07, 2021, 08:48:27 AM

Id forgotten he existed. Dead before Gazza?

Inspector Norse

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 07, 2021, 08:48:27 AM

Was shocked that Southgate didn't name him as TAA's replacement. After he'd kept himself fresh and fit by spending two years sitting on a bench as well.

George Oscar Bluth II

The taking the knee stuff is absolutely bananas, these stupid cunts booing their own team before a match and claiming it's because taking a knee is "Marxist" as if the millionaire footballers want to seize the means of production.

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 06, 2021, 02:40:43 PM
England could (theoretically) win it by playing every game at home.

Nah, no quarter finals at Wembley.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 07, 2021, 10:54:17 AM
The taking the knee stuff is absolutely bananas, these stupid cunts booing their own team before a match and claiming it's because taking a knee is "Marxist" as if the millionaire footballers want to seize the means of production.

The push back against BLM etc is being engineered by nefarious forces.

DrGreggles

Apparently being anti anti-racism isn't racist.

Not sure what it is then.
"I'm booing to show my indifference."

DrGreggles

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 07, 2021, 10:54:17 AM
Nah, no quarter finals at Wembley.

Ah, thought it got the one that was meant to be in Dublin.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bear in mind that a lot of the booing has been in strong Brexit areas, people who have had their personal data exploited by Leave.EU and similar and been bombarded with right wing propaganda for 5 years solid. They are well ingrained in that network and you will always get a reaction if poor white people feel like they are being made to feel guilty and responsible for something they don't believe is their fault, especially if they believe they are victims themselves of oppression (which most are)