Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:37:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sequel-free actors

Started by mothman, April 23, 2021, 04:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An tSaoi

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 23, 2021, 05:51:11 PM
Did Brando? Presumably he had the chance to be in the Godfather and Superman sequels but couldn't be arsed/asked for too much money.

He was going to be in the final scene of Godfather II, in the flashback when Michael announces he's signed up. Brando pulled out at the last minute, so they rewrote the scene quickly, and Vito arrives off screen. Works better I think.

Jerzy Bondov

Daniel Day-Lewis, Mark Rylance... Hang on these are all blokes so far.

Michelle Williams, like Tom Hardy, is about to forfeit her membership by appearing in Venom 2.
Julianne Moore.
Jennifer Connolly? She does the voice of Spider-Man's suit in Homecoming but IMDB doesn't have her down as reprising it for any of the following films. Can't remember if it even talks in those.
Frances McDormand
Jodie Foster
Nicole Kidman

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on April 23, 2021, 09:27:50 PM
Julianne Moore.
Jodie Foster

They played the same character in Silence of the Lambs and its follow-up Hannibal. Can you say someone "hasn't done a sequel" if they do someone else's sequel?

wooders1978

There's gonna be fucking loads

Mr Banlon

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Yahoo Serious never made a sequel to Young Einstein.

Quote from: wooders1978 on April 23, 2021, 09:48:18 PM
There's gonna be fucking loads

Roy Scheider requests another take.

mothman

He made two other films (yes, I have only just discovered this).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo_Serious

His real name is Greg Pead.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Mr Banlon on April 23, 2021, 09:50:02 PM
David Cross
Not only has he done sequels, he's done the Squeakquel.

An tSaoi

He's in the first two Men in Black films, and I'm not sire if he's even meant to be the same character.

Dusty Substance

mothman

Which is a shame, because I'd like a sequel to Bulworth.

Bad Ambassador

He did a TV special as Dick Tracy, purely as a means to retain the rights for a sequel that'll never be made.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: greenman on April 23, 2021, 05:53:18 PM
James Spader, many different fetishists rather than just one repeatedly.

They asked why he kept getting a hardon and he replied it was the method.

greenman

Colin Farrell's disastrous blockbuster career has ensured a lack of sequels.

I'd guess its much more common for actresses to be sequeless as you have fewer female lead action franchises, were there more likely to be one off love interests, Lea Seydoux clinging onto sequelessness via covid.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 23, 2021, 05:23:38 PM
Wayne played Rooster Cogburn twice.

Think early on in his career (1930s) he was in a couple of series of films where he played the same character a number of times.

Anyway, he played a lot of Johns as well. Strikingly so.

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 23, 2021, 07:14:35 PM
Look, is Carry On Doctor Again a sequel or not? I need to be told.

In a sign of where the Carry Ons went, Jim Dale plays a Jim in both, Kilmore in the first and, ahem, Nookey in the second.

Dr Rock

You can have a sequel where none of the original cast and/or characters are in it. I reckon it does count as a sequel just because 'Again' ties it to the other Doctor film. But even though many of the same actors are in it, they are playing characters with different names, if not personalities, so according this thread's rules

Quoteactors who work in modern sequel-/franchise-heavy Hollywood films but have never played a recurring role.

None of the actors are playing recurring roles.

mothman

Like Woody Allen, they play recurring character types. Or stereotypes.

Thought I might be onto a winner with Kevin Spacey (er...), but Horrible Bosses happened. Twice.

Waking Life

Even Kevin Costner let me down on this with some recurring work with Snyder.

Quote from: mothman on April 24, 2021, 04:01:17 PM
Thought I might be onto a winner with Kevin Spacey (er...), but Horrible Bosses happened. Twice.

Superman Returns would certainly have Returned if it had been better received. Gene Hackman did a few turns as Lex Luthor.

Christoph Waltz ruined the long-running Blofeld actor tradition by actually reprising the role in a sequel.

Gulftastic

Dr Rock

Yup. I thought of him too, then remembered The Two Jakes.

Frances McDormand

Gulftastic

Despite being the nexus of the party game Kevin Bacon doesn't seem to have done a sequel.

Blumf

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 24, 2021, 08:44:54 PM
Despite being the nexus of the party game Kevin Bacon doesn't seem to have done a sequel.

TV movie reboot of Tremors

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5226220/

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 24, 2021, 08:44:54 PM

Apollo 13

I resisted the urge to post that when someone said Tom Hanks earlier.