Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:34:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OK yah

Started by gib, April 23, 2021, 11:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gib

Do you remember when a particular type of posh cunt would say ok yah instead of yeah?

Have you ever said ok yah unironically?

When is the last time you heard anyone say ok yah?

Rizla

Video Game Fan 2000

Mutated into an uptalk "Yeah?" by the 2000s, yeah?

idunnosomename

remember when every tory politician was all "yoo knoo" at the end of every sentence. it was a bit like "like" for toffs. somehow we regressed from that. well done everybody

Shoulders?-Stomach!

These Marlow, Bucks. mucus-secreters need egging.

Paul Calf

flotemysost

My white South African friends say "yah" a lot, but that's obviously different. If a Southern English person says it, I imagine it's for the same reason some people pronounce "house" as "hice".

On a separate note I've noticed recently some people I know have started spelling "yeah" differently in texts - it's all "yeh" or "yea" these days. Feel like a crusty old pedant standing by my four letters.

Chedney Honks

Yeah yeah yeah yeah no no yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah no no no yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Buelligan

I don't know, I like all of this stuff.  All the pattern of words, the twirling cells, spiraling skin of meaning and place, time and feeling.  I fucking like it.

bgmnts

My soul is Indian but my physical self is UK based.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Buelligan on April 24, 2021, 10:04:57 AM
I don't know, I like all of this stuff.  All the pattern of words, the twirling cells, spiraling skin of meaning and place, time and feeling.  I fucking like it.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 24, 2021, 09:40:29 AM
Yeah yeah yeah yeah no no yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah no no no yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I largely agree.

I say 'like' a lot when I speak and you can eat the corn out of my fucking shit if you've got a problem with that.  sorry got a bit angry