Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:17:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who have people said you look like?

Started by non capisco, April 24, 2021, 01:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

I never liked the comparison because I thought he had bad teeth and I had nice teeth. Now I recognise that it was actually a compliment and they weren't saying anything about my teeth (obviously).

Brundle-Fly

Get the broom. I once went to a birthday party where I had a nice drunken chat with Graham Coxon and Stephen Street. They told me I looked like Robert Fripp. I don't see it myself but I'm currently tempted to make some cringy lockdown videos in the kitchen with my tipsy wife.

Video Game Fan 2000

Had a center parting for a short time time in my early twenties. Got Oscar Wilde a couple of times, great.

All fell apart a few days later when I heard WOSSY yelled from a passing van followed by a distant AWIGHT

Got "Dr Who" too which flummoxed me because I don't like anyone them. Must've been the coat and the fact I was running for the bus

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 24, 2021, 03:12:57 PM

Got "Dr Who" too which flummoxed me because I don't like anyone them. Must've been the coat and the fact I was running for the bus

Do you not like any of the Doctors or do you just not look like any of the Doctors?

Video Game Fan 2000

Look like. I don't look like any of them

Does Dr Who run for the bus a lot?

I.D. Smith

When I was younger and still had hair, at varying times I got the Britpop quadrumvirate of Liam Gallagher, Jarvis Cocker, Graham Coxon and Neil Hannon.

EDIT - I should add I don't think any of them are accurate, although I will give a begrudging nod to the Neil Hannon one; that was the closest.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 24, 2021, 03:03:36 PM
Get the broom. I once went to a birthday party where I had a nice drunken chat with Graham Coxon and Stephen Street. They told me I looked like Robert Fripp.

so presumably you must also look a bit like Martin Freeman.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on April 24, 2021, 05:10:25 PM
so presumably you must also look a bit like Martin Freeman.

Only if I dyed my hair, shrank a couple of inches, lost four stone and had a face transplant. From Martin Freeman.

Kankurette

I don't look like anyone famous, sadly. Maybe Julie Burchill. Ugh.

olliebean

Been told I look like all of the following, some of whom I'm happier about than others:

The last one by two teenage girls in WHSmith who were convinced that I actually was him. (I'm not, for the avoidance of doubt.)

Glebe

Everyone from Liam Gallagher to Leonardo DiCaprio. Not that handsome, I'm afraid.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Louis Theroux and Noah Wyle when I was younger. Now just my dad.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on April 24, 2021, 10:21:32 AM
On the "Eh, could be worse" front folks on here have suggested Robert Fripp...

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 24, 2021, 03:03:36 PM
Get the broom. I once went to a birthday party where I had a nice drunken chat with Graham Coxon and Stephen Street. They told me I looked like Robert Fripp. I don't see it myself but I'm currently tempted to make some cringy lockdown videos in the kitchen with my tipsy wife.

Having thought it over for several hours I think one of should commit some kind of bank robbery / financial crime while providing the other with the perfect alibi.

jobotic

James Dean, Jarvis Cocker, Blair from El Dorado, Jeremy Corbyn, Ed Norton, Tim Brooke-Taylor

All of them are much much better looking than me. I have one good angle.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 24, 2021, 01:18:30 AM
I've had Edwyn Collins too (not in that way, eh readers?!?!)

Also...

Nigel Planer
Richard Ashcroft
Jarvis Cocker
Louis Theroux

Just any man who's quite tall, lugubrious and geeky-looking really.

I'm not havin' it. In my imagination, you're the spit of Rod Serling and that's that.

Oz Oz Alice

I've had Bobby Gillespie a couple of times which I don't mind. Maybe they mean I look young and old at the same time on the same face.

Polymorphia

Liam Gallagher. On multiple occasions, and only ever him

Seedsy

There was a short lived music festival in Scotland in the mid 00s. Loch lomand Festival I think. I was sailing on the crest of a chemical wave, and some lassie came up and asked me for my autograph, I was bewildered she thought I was dumfries marks and Spencers shelf stacker Calvin Harris.

famethrowa

I was first told that I look like Russell Crowe in 1992, I kept hearing it sporadically until about 10 years ago. I'm going to assume that's because Russell has let himself go? I'm still the same as I ever was.

GoblinAhFuckScary

used to get brian molko a lot when i was younger. last person to insist i looked like someone else said carey mulligan

Quote from: Jockice on April 24, 2021, 09:35:32 AM
Which Ian McCulloch though?

Oh, it was the attention-seeking Bunnyman (backstage at the Leeds Festival, surrounded by his hooting mates).

And sorry, I wasn't being snidely there, I tease with affection..

Dr Rock

Jockice

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on April 25, 2021, 07:56:32 AM
Oh, it was the attention-seeking Bunnyman (backstage at the Leeds Festival, surrounded by his hooting mates).

And sorry, I wasn't being snidely there, I tease with affection..

I know you weren't. No problem at all. Just sheer luck that there are two celebrities with the same name.

flotemysost

I once went to a stand-up comedy evening class, and one of the exercises involved thinking of someone famous you've been told you look like, then as a group, working each others' lookalike stories into a joke.

One of the people in the class was a young black guy whose joke was that he looked like "a more feminine Grace Jones". However this got mangled through the various retellings, via someone accidentally saying "Grace Kelly" instead, and eventually ended up as "a feminine Kelly Jones", which was hilarious for completely different reasons.

My old manager told me I look like a young (but post-tapeworm) Maria Callas. Also once had "an Egyptian Gene Simmons" (which was the one I used for the above class).

DrGreggles

Sting, apparently.

Well, I was told that I "looked like a right cunt", so I assumed that's what they meant.

NurseNugent

Anyone with dark hair and a longish face, Gina McKee being the most frequent, John Challis being the most wtf, Judee Sill the most accurate from my point of view, though twenty years ago Gina Mckee wasn't a bad shout either.

Neville Chamberlain

That singer bloke out of Red Box (when I was younger).

EDIT: Simon Toulson-Clark!

holyzombiejesus

Someone came up to me in the Cornerhouse in Manchester once and, in front of all my friends, asked if he could shake my hand as my music had meant a lot to him. Turns out he thought I was Martin Carr from the Boo Radleys. I was so gutted and friends delighted. Been told by several people that Bill Ryder-Jones looks like me when I was in my twenties and I guess they have a similar look but always thought of Boo Radleys bloke as being ginger.