Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:55:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Jonathan Meades interview

Started by Pink Gregory, April 24, 2021, 09:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

very interesting. never read/heard him say certain things before ie. his view on Israel (which is a bit crude), and the intro to the book he's promoting is really piss, though the book is an absolute joy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteDespite its increasing decline from secularism into religion I am a supporter of Israel: they may be bastards but they're our bastards

What does that even mean? It sounds absolutely awful.

Pink Gregory

I'm willing to forgive Jonathan Meades for having some odd or shitty opinions; at least he doesn't go out of his way to try and hurt people, y'know?

His politics are hard to pin down, it's a credit to him, really.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm not planning on personally cancelling him, I don't really think in those terms, it is just extremely concerning to read things like 'our'... as opposed to 'not our' Iran. If he were to answer what makes that so, I dread to think what he would say.

The rest of the article was a good read though, well worth sharing. The ideas about excellence trumping authenticity, with traditions themselves being fluid are interesting and worth a ponder.

May as well drop the shrine URL here if anyone wants to watch Meades' back catalogue.

http://meadesshrine.blogspot.com/p/shrine.html?m=1