Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:50:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Arguing with a racist moron [split topic]

Started by Hello! Replies Hidden, April 24, 2021, 11:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 24, 2021, 09:05:41 PM
woah someone in that film festival is looking at First Blood from a right/libertarian perspective, how novel, not like it's explicitly part of the text

hang on, RAMBO? are they showing RAMBO?

tourism

Paul Calf

Quote from: Hello! Replies Hidden on April 24, 2021, 09:22:11 PM
I'm not going to point you at Jonathan Bowden, you guys aren't ready for that, yet. But your kids are gonna love it.

Time's up, brah. Chad Thundercock will be along shortly to laugh at your small penis.

sevendaughters

I'm not going to point you at Jonathan Bowden, you guys aren't ready for that, yet. But your kids are gonna love it.

edgy

Oz Oz Alice

A contradiction I frequently enjoy with far right internet nerds is that all the Counter Currents, Bowden, Evola pseudo intellectual posturing is so beautifully married with the aesthetics of some fat kid on Reddit who will never, ever get laid and thinks this is a good thing because it'd sap them of their masculinity. Ah yes, Jonathan Bowden, a bloated speed crazed alcoholic who died in a nut house in his late 40s. Not that there's anything wrong with winding up in a nut house, I certainly have done before. What a fucking Ubermensch. I feel bad for slagging him off too much as regardless of his politics his book Sade is an excellent read: never thought I'd read a wingnut quoting Kathy Acker but then again I am a Grade A moron. Must be, because I'm working class. Frankly I'm surprised I've written this many syllables or know what a syllable is.

Harvey Milk

Quote from: Hello! Replies Hidden on April 24, 2021, 06:24:52 PM

Is that meant to be a character from Undertale? Can't keep up with all these fresh memes.

Kankurette

Quote from: Oz Oz Alice on April 24, 2021, 09:50:08 PM
A contradiction I frequently enjoy with far right internet nerds is that all the Counter Currents, Bowden, Evola pseudo intellectual posturing is so beautifully married with the aesthetics of some fat kid on Reddit who will never, ever get laid and thinks this is a good thing because it'd sap them of their masculinity. Ah yes, Jonathan Bowden, a bloated speed crazed alcoholic who died in a nut house in his late 40s. Not that there's anything wrong with winding up in a nut house, I certainly have done before. What a fucking Ubermensch. I feel bad for slagging him off too much as regardless of his politics his book Sade is an excellent read: never thought I'd read a wingnut quoting Kathy Acker but then again I am a Grade A moron. Must be, because I'm working class. Frankly I'm surprised I've written this many syllables or know what a syllable is.
I know, right? It's kind of sad, really.

These people consider Jews to be beneath them too. I'm kind of bemused by it tbh. We live rent free in their heads.

Sherringford Hovis

Far right internet nerds

So Joss Stone likes Jordan Peterson, apparently. I reckon our new Pepe-picced troll(op) is Joss Stone.
Welcome, Joss - being a cheerleader for the shitty status quo won't make the righties like you: you're just a chattel to them. We at other points of the political compass may dislike you for your odious opinions,  but you're more than an ornamental jizz-jar to us: we suggest Panto to revive your moribund career - the baddies are always redeemed in Pantomimes (and twice on Saturdays, with  the matinee).

Retinend

A contradiction I frequently enjoy with far right internet nerds is that all the Counter Currents, Bowden, Evola pseudo intellectual posturing is so beautifully married with the aesthetics of some fat kid on Reddit who will never, ever get laid and thinks this is a good thing because it'd sap them of their masculinity. Ah yes, Jonathan Bowden, a bloated speed crazed alcoholic who died in a nut house in his late 40s.

👏👏👏 my sentiments exactly

That "film festival" that our racist friend posted (featuring CaB lurker, Colin Robertson aka Millennial Woes) looks like the saddest abandoned wank house on the internet. Just imagine having such a poor frame of reference that you end up holding such malcontented individuals up as big-league intellectuals; as a model for masculinity or general supremacy  - even if one was stupid enough to get "redpilled" online in the first place.

Colin Robertson - art school graduate NEET going on 20 years.  Gariepy - a fat slug; and fast-aging Sam Harris wannabe. Woods - an extraordinarily arrogant young man intellectually weaned on 8chan reading lists of "based" authors like Evola and Bowden. Let's see how badly he fucks up his life, according to such role models.

Retinend

Quote from: Kankurette on April 24, 2021, 10:14:05 PM
I know, right? It's kind of sad, really.

These people consider Jews to be beneath them too. I'm kind of bemused by it tbh. We live rent free in their heads.

It's all they have. Without the notion that they have the secret knowledge of jewish malice, they wouldn't have a concrete reason to "know" they are better than us all - jews and non-racist whites alike. In the end, it all comes down to holocaust denial, because that's how they have been programmed to "know" that "historical evidence" has been repressed - such as the so-called Auschwitz swimming club, football field, leaky wooden doors and other such stuff detailed in this document: https://imgur.com/a/725A7 . It's a brilliantly written rebuttal of all their memes and in such detail that they can't claim to merely have an "open mind" on these issues if they refuse to engage with it.

Read it, Replies From View Replies Hidden, or are you so pathetic you swallow neo-nazi propaganda in leaden livestreams for breakfast, but won't read a calm rebuttal of the toxic nonsense you have taken to be your burden of knowledge?

kittens

Quote from: Retinend on April 25, 2021, 07:49:54 AM

Read it, Replies From View, or are you so pathetic you swallow nazi propaganda in weighty tomes but won't read a rebuttal of it?

haha

Retinend

shit

does any one else do that? mix them up?

sorry, RFV

kittens

replies from view is the furthest thing from a big racist fellow you can get, and i'm sure he would be unhappy with the association with Mr Hello Replies Hidden here

Retinend

I know he is. It's just that the two usernames sound confusingly similar in my head and I typed it out just as it popped into my head.

kittens

Retinend

fuck it, I'm doubling down.

Replies from View? Who even ever says the words "from" and  view" except in the phrase "hidden from view"? It's been lying there in plain sight all these years, folks, RFV's sick socko cipher.

kittens

i hope you like jail (nobody likes jail)

JaDanketies

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on April 25, 2021, 04:41:33 AM
So Joss Stone likes Jordan Peterson

wow what a let-down. She always seemed like a cool posh green-voting hippie.

thenoise

She grew up in a South Devon farming family. Mosley blackshirt country. I'm sure she's considered the woolly liberal of her family, but these people[nb]omg racist against fascists[/nb] revert to type as they get older.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: thenoise on April 25, 2021, 10:22:02 AM
She grew up in a South Devon farming family. Mosley blackshirt country. I'm sure she's considered the woolly liberal of her family, but these people[nb]omg racist against fascists[/nb] revert to type as they get older.

She said that a major influence on her early career was Damon Albarn so no real surprises here is there.

TrenterPercenter

A contradiction I frequently enjoy with far right internet nerds is that all the Counter Currents, Bowden, Evola pseudo intellectual posturing is so beautifully married with the aesthetics of some fat kid on Reddit who will never, ever get laid and thinks this is a good thing because it'd sap them of their masculinity.

It isn't a contradiction though really; I always seen it as akin to 2nd Life; these Hikkiomori's empower themselves by doing what all bullies do; unite in the humiliation of others.  If you are forming tribal identities you need enemies; enemies provide a simple communicable issue to align around they've just borrowed the typical rightwing reactionaries favourite targets.  I say borrowed as most of the alt-right from what I've seen are not really committed to these ideals; they are more useful in an identitarian sense i.e. it is just a vehicle that allows them to have some stake in punching down so that no one punches then.  It's desperately lonely people; it is the world they live in that is contradictory; they just don't possess the necessary social skills to navigate it irl (hence why they love their self help gurus so much and to live vicariously through them and their idyllic fake lives).  So they are playing up.

The message boards they inhabit seem to ebb and flow with acute self loathing and ritual humiliation; and is largely dictated by cult like leaders (and then underlings truthers); its really just a broad based internet cult (cults are about how things are organised not about the content they discuss).  People preferring to live in virtual worlds where they can pretend to be all powerful rather than living irl worthless bodies (which they both perceive and society reflects) isn't really that surprising.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Retinend on April 25, 2021, 07:54:05 AM
shit

does any one else do that? mix them up?

sorry, RFV

Shoulders current avatar looks to me like rfv's avatar in gif form. My brain is broken though.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: JaDanketies on April 25, 2021, 08:52:57 AM
wow what a let-down. She always seemed like a cool posh green-voting hippie.

To be fair, Laetitia Sadier once expressed a fondness for Peterson and backtracked quite soon after when she found out more.

kngen

Quote from: Retinend on April 25, 2021, 07:38:09 AM
8chan reading lists of "based" authors like Evola and Bowden.

I think it's hilarious that mystic woo merchants like Evola and Savitri Devi are back in vogue again. It's clear that no-one is actually reading this stuff, just their more based horseshit is being regurgitated on deathless 3-hour youtube 'lectures'.

Seems to happen in cycles with the right. Their names get bandied about in a 'oooh, I know something you don't' fashion, then someone actually picks up Men Among the Ruins or The Lightning and the Sun and goes, 'Haaang on. This is like an Oprah Book Club offering dressed up in an SS uniform', and everyone inches away from the silliness and banishes any thoughts of nazi yoga from their minds, until the next generation of credulous boobs 'discovers' them, and we go through all of this again.

Kankurette

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on April 25, 2021, 12:22:18 PM
It isn't a contradiction though really; I always seen it as akin to 2nd Life; these Hikkiomori's empower themselves by doing what all bullies do; unite in the humiliation of others.  If you are forming tribal identities you need enemies; enemies provide a simple communicable issue to align around they've just borrowed the typical rightwing reactionaries favourite targets.  I say borrowed as most of the alt-right from what I've seen are not really committed to these ideals; they are more useful in an identitarian sense i.e. it is just a vehicle that allows them to have some stake in punching down so that no one punches then.  It's desperately lonely people; it is the world they live in that is contradictory; they just don't possess the necessary social skills to navigate it irl (hence why they love their self help gurus so much and to live vicariously through them and their idyllic fake lives).  So they are playing up.

The message boards they inhabit seem to ebb and flow with acute self loathing and ritual humiliation; and is largely dictated by cult like leaders (and then underlings truthers); its really just a broad based internet cult (cults are about how things are organised not about the content they discuss).  People preferring to live in virtual worlds where they can pretend to be all powerful rather than living irl worthless bodies (which they both perceive and society reflects) isn't really that surprising.
That Nietzsche quote about staring into the abyss springs to mind.

On the subject of Peterson, Phil Hartley - the bassist out of Space - is a huge fan. He's an anarchist and a Corbyn fanboy but also heavily into alt-right philosophy and conspiracy theories. An odd fellow, to say the least.

Video Game Fan 2000

Peterson is incredibly close to institutional norms, like, incredibly. He's the least heterodox heterodox figurehead of all time, even among traditionalists. Take away the red panic and bathroom panic stuff, and he believes what everyone else does: life is about personal meaning, you can't learn what you haven't experienced, stories are almost supernaturally important, universal discourses are inherently oppressive, identity formation is where freedom manifests etc. He claims not to be a relativist but he absolutely is. Everything is layers of encoded cultural differences and its symbology. 

If anything libs rage at him so much because he reveals exactly how conservative and orthodox their belief systems are. If you can just slap "...and that's why transgender students shouldn't use the same break area as everyone else!" on a set of beliefs its not a great set of beliefs.

Bring back the School of Suspicion.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Kankurette on April 25, 2021, 03:11:08 PM
That Nietzsche quote about staring into the abyss springs to mind.

On the subject of Peterson, Phil Hartley - the bassist out of Space - is a huge fan. He's an anarchist and a Corbyn fanboy but also heavily into alt-right philosophy and conspiracy theories. An odd fellow, to say the least.

I sadly know quite a few normally quite reasonable and generally nice people that are into Peterson.  It's all a grift; he creates a frame that is appealing to individuals; one of being the oppressed but being empowered with the knowledge (given to you by him) to see above this all; this simultaneously allows the mark to play the both the victim and elite; these are two broad bodily sensations that provide a basis for psychological reward (victims get to ignore their own failings in place of this victimisation; releasing them from the accompanying anxiety and elitism is just simple everyday narcissism of the enlightened).  There is nothing terribly new here as a grift.

Gabor Mate does a good job of deconstructing him; though he imo gives him too much credit as a genuine operator (I suspect Mate is being diplomatic perhaps) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOJ0lUSBI14

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 25, 2021, 03:28:21 PM
Peterson is incredibly close to institutional norms, like, incredibly. He's the least heterodox heterodox figurehead of all time, even among traditionalists. Take away the red panic and bathroom panic stuff, and he believes what everyone else does: life is about personal meaning, you can't learn what you haven't experienced, stories are almost supernaturally important, universal discourses are inherently oppressive, identity formation is where freedom manifests etc. He claims not to be a relativist but he absolutely is. Everything is layers of encoded cultural differences and its symbology. 

This is all true; and he is clearly a relativist in denial but the thing that people seem to always forget and is generally kept quiet so that his appeal to the rationalist white males minds can be sustained is that ultimately he is a Christian-conservative; his "personal meaning" is really just a reworked Christianity.  he might well have been a psychologist by training but he is merely a grifter now with very little of substance to say in the domain of psychology just pseudo-science to appeal to rich people that what an evolutionary psychological explanation for Capitalism.

Quite annoyingly when I say that to people I know they are "no, you see he does have problems with capitalism he realises this and it's impact on wellbeing..." right well then what is doing constantly criticising (and constantly getting things wrong) the massive number of leftwing commentaries on wellbeing an capitalism; how is he not incorporating theories of alienation into this?

Answer: because he is a grifter so doesn't actually care about the topics he uses to manipulate people into buying his books.

Kankurette

Doesn't he say women would be much happier if we all got married and popped out kids?

Buelligan

Quote from: kngen on April 25, 2021, 02:23:18 PM
I think it's hilarious that mystic woo merchants like Evola and Savitri Devi are back in vogue again. It's clear that no-one is actually reading this stuff, just their more based horseshit is being regurgitated on deathless 3-hour youtube 'lectures'.

Seems to happen in cycles with the right. Their names get bandied about in a 'oooh, I know something you don't' fashion, then someone actually picks up Men Among the Ruins or The Lightning and the Sun and goes, 'Haaang on. This is like an Oprah Book Club offering dressed up in an SS uniform', and everyone inches away from the silliness and banishes any thoughts of nazi yoga from their minds, until the next generation of credulous boobs 'discovers' them, and we go through all of this again.

I enjoyed this.  Thank you in lieu of karms.