Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why do Uber drivers keep rating me down?

Started by canadagoose, April 24, 2021, 03:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

For a while, I used to have a good rating. I was at 4.91, but over the last few trips it's been dropping steadily. I honestly don't get it. I'm always polite, I wear a mask, I use hand sanitiser and I give a tip. Do they expect me to be a patter-master or something? I'm often tired as owt when I get a ride; do they think I'm a junkie? (To be honest, I'm too fat to be confused for a junkie.) One driver was so thorny, the ride was honestly uncomfortable. He seemed aggrieved that I was using his services. God only knows.

Honestly I'd use black cabs instead but I can barely afford to. I know it's a minor niggle but it's annoying!

Buelligan

You don't ask them whether they've let Laurence Fox into their lives do you?

canadagoose

Quote from: Buelligan on April 24, 2021, 04:10:51 PM
You don't ask them whether they've let Laurence Fox into their lives do you?
Haha, can you imagine? I'd be about as convincing as a bit of mouldy bread when it comes to proselytising.

Buelligan

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is it the box of livebait you leave opened on the dashboard as your 'tip'?

canadagoose

Quote from: jobotic on April 24, 2021, 04:18:37 PM
I swear there was a picture of Pitt the Younger from Blackadder the Third there a minute ago. I don't know the connection but I'm probably being daft.

QuoteIs it the box of livebait you leave opened on the dashboard as your 'tip'
Probably.

Barry Admin

You're using a taxi service where the employees get to rate the customers? Is that right?

touchingcloth

Do you still sit in the back wanking? I told you to know that on the head, you didn't take my meaning to be carry on with it, did you?

jobotic

Quote from: canadagoose on April 24, 2021, 04:27:06 PM
I swear there was a picture of Pitt the Younger from Blackadder the Third there a minute ago. I don't know the connection but I'm probably being daft.

There was. I was doing a hilarious gag at your expense but I couldn't see the picture so I thought it didn't work. So the joke's on me.

canadagoose

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 24, 2021, 04:28:51 PM
You're using a taxi service where the employees get to rate the customers? Is that right?
Barmy, ain't it? It's either that or paying about a third more to use black cabs. No way am I bloody using actual private hire firms, the last few drivers I had were bad-tempered and one wouldn't move his seats forward so I got squashed in the back. One of them shot up the Mound so quickly I almost spewed on his bald patch. Bloody Edinburgh.

QuoteDo you still sit in the back wanking? I told you to know that on the head, you didn%u2019t take my meaning to be carry on with it, did you?
I'll have you know I was trying to untangle my underwear.

What rating do you leave them and do you do it first?

canadagoose

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 24, 2021, 04:33:56 PM
What rating do you leave them and do you do it first?
Five, a compliment (if they're not terrible) and a tip. Usually within a minute, depending if I have a good signal.

Flouncer

Quote from: canadagoose on April 24, 2021, 04:31:52 PM
Barmy, ain't it? It's either that or paying about a third more to use black cabs. No way am I bloody using actual private hire firms, the last few drivers I had were bad-tempered and one wouldn't move his seats forward so I got squashed in the back. One of them shot up the Mound so quickly I almost spewed on his bald patch. Bloody Edinburgh.
I'll have you know I was trying to untangle my underwear.

A couple of years ago I got a cab back home from Sheffield railway station late at night, and as we were driving through Burngreave the cunt blatantly sparked up a joint of skunk and started puffing away on it. He didn't even offer me any - I wouldn't have had any at that point but it was the principle of the thing.

Egyptian Feast

They do have a page on the app explaining why nobody has a perfect rating - things like slamming a door or not being ready as soon as they show up. Mine is currently 4.82, so I must have mildly annoyed a driver or two in the last year coming back from my weekly shop. I always tip, give 5 stars, wear a mask etc, and now I'm extra careful about slamming the boot/passenger door. I've often wondered how badly shitting yourself or puking in the back seat would affect your rating.

Chedney Honks

I have a round FIVE stars. Don't know how. I suppose I only talk about sport or shut my mouth.

Quote from: canadagoose on April 24, 2021, 04:31:52 PMOne of them shot up the Mound

Good to know that cabbies still take payment in kind, I thought the days of the hairy chequebook might be over in this world of taxi apps.

madhair60

Hi just saw this. it's probably because you're a massive cunt. cheers.

flotemysost

I once got blacklisted by a taxi firm (pre-Uber) because my friends and I didn't want to pay the full fare, as we had to spend almost an hour in the cold on the phone to the driver as he couldn't find us (we were in a very central, recognisable bit of London). Next time I tried to book with them they told me I was on their banned list for being abusive to a driver, which I absolutely wasn't.

canadagoose

Quote from: madhair60 on April 25, 2021, 03:40:55 PM
Hi just saw this. it's probably because you're a massive cunt. cheers.
Yeah that's prolly it cheers, probably that and the massive bag of manure I bring with me on every ride.

QuoteI once got blacklisted by a taxi firm (pre-Uber) because my friends and I didn't want to pay the full fare, as we had to spend almost an hour in the cold on the phone to the driver as he couldn't find us (we were in a very central, recognisable bit of London). Next time I tried to book with them they told me I was on their banned list for being abusive to a driver, which I absolutely wasn't.
Ugh. That sounds about right. There are some really daft drivers out there.

Blue Jam

Are you Larry David?

Never use Uber, don't like 'em, don't like the idea of being rated like a seller on eBay. I usually use City Cabs because my werkplace uses them and they've always been quick and reliable. I've found them good for getting to Embra Airport too. Used them loads, can recommend.

chveik

Quote from: canadagoose on April 24, 2021, 03:55:14 PM
He seemed aggrieved that I was using his services. God only knows.

tbf uber driver is a shite job

Paul Calf

Yeah, it is. The company treats its drivers - who often work for less than the minimumn wage - like exceptionally foul shite. Don't use them. Get a proper cab or get the bus.

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 25, 2021, 08:21:49 PM
Yeah, it is. The company treats its drivers - who often work for less than the minimumn wage - like exceptionally foul shite. Don't use them. Get a proper cab or get the bus.

Here's an idea - you pay for canadagoose's cabs and buses then dickhead.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Tokyo van Ramming on April 25, 2021, 09:19:36 PM

Well, aren't you a delight?

canadagoose

Quote from: Tokyo van Ramming on April 25, 2021, 09:19:36 PM
Thanks for the generous suggestion, but Paul Calf isn't a dickhead. I am a bit of one though. Tbh my main uses for cabs are: getting to the Western when I'm too tired to walk down Crewe Rd South after getting the 21, getting to the Royal Infirmary late at night, and just any other time I'm too facked.

I may have had my problem solved, though, because my credit card now gives me a nice bit of cashback when I use a certain black cab app. Yay

Paul Calf

Gett is good - been recommended to me by a lot of Black Cab drivers as one that pays a fair cut.

Bernice

Don't know if you can now, but it certainly used to be the case that you couldn't change an Uber rating, not even within a certain grace period. I remember having a lovely ride with a really nice guy, chatting on about life and his family and how much he liked the UK having moved from Poland and all this. At the end he goes
"Oh and mate, please give five stars, yeah." And I get out the car going,
"Yeah mate, of course, five stars, no worries", and then I got my phone out while he was still in the street, held it up so he could see I was giving him five stars, mate, no worries, and then I obviously, accidentally gave the poor bastard one star, mate, worries. Turned round to look at him in horror, caught his eyes for a second before he sped off.

I hope he knew it was an accident, but deep down I know he thought the entire pleasant trip and one-star twist had been an elaborate act of anti-Polish bigotry.