Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:14:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Accused of racism for taking COVID precautIons

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 24, 2021, 06:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Had to get another train today, sat in the mini first class compartment in order to distance. Three people came into the compartment without masks and I instantly moved to the standard class compartment. They accused me of being racist for doing so.

How was moving compartment because people without masks came in racist? I would have moved no matter what their ethnicity was - I'm not sitting in a tiny compartment with three maskless people for 12 minutes.

I was last called racist 10 years ago when I didnt feel comfortable talking to a random stranger in a rough part of town at 3am while waiting for the bus. Again, I would have reacted the same way no matter what ethnicity the person was - at 3am you are more wary of people.

Chedney Honks

Mate, those people are total human waste. Don't worry about it, honestly.

Don't take it personally, happens all the time.

The minor indignity of occasionally being on the receiving end of spurious claims of racism is a small price to pay for being white in a country that maintains a white supremacist racial caste system.

Fambo Number Mive

True. I did think of explaining by pointing at my face mask but thought it might make things worse.

An tSaoi

You're allowed to do one real racism now for balance.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 24, 2021, 06:06:52 PM
Had to get another train today, sat in the mini first class compartment in order to distance. Three people came into the compartment without masks and I instantly moved to the standard class compartment. They accused me of being racist for doing so.

How was moving compartment because people without masks came in racist? I would have moved no matter what their ethnicity was - I'm not sitting in a tiny compartment with three maskless people for 12 minutes.

I was last called racist 10 years ago when I didnt feel comfortable talking to a random stranger in a rough part of town at 3am while waiting for the bus. Again, I would have reacted the same way no matter what ethnicity the person was - at 3am you are more wary of people.

That's awful, sorry to hear that. I worry about that too.

Arseholes.

beanheadmcginty

Maybe consider not wearing a face mask with a giant swastika on it.

madhair60

Cold Meat Platter

Victim blaming at its finest. Classic CaB.
And you lot are supposed to be left-wing lol
so much for the tolerant left

thenoise

If anti-maskers are a race, then I'm racist and proud.

BlodwynPig

Dusty Substance

Sounds like a scene from the next season of Curb.

Brundle-Fly

You should've said, "No, but I am cuntist though". That would learn 'em.