Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:20:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chicken and chips

Started by Chedney Honks, April 25, 2021, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earl_sleek

There's one near my work, and when the wind is blowing a certain direction the reek of chicken shit is quite astonishing.

monkfromhavana

I'm having chicken and chips for dinner today. Nothing fancy like all you though, frozen southern fried Birdseye chicken and McCain fries with Techno Finest coleslaw and a massive dollop of Encona Hot Pepper Sauce.

I don't care how grim it sounds, it's probably my favourite meal.

mothman

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 26, 2021, 01:42:25 AM
Here's my take:

One sachet of Nandos piri piri rub. Tablespoon each of cumin, paprika, chilli flakes, black pepper, teaspoon of garlic powder, some salt, enough oil to make it a paste, possibly a bit of water.

Skin on, bone in chicken thighs. They can be filleted quite easily putting an incision either side of the bone on the opposite side to the skin, then poking the knife through under the bone to remove it. Check for and remove any remaining bits of cartlidge or bone.

Apologies to vegetarian people for the above, but what are you doing in a chicken and chips thread?

Anyway, coat the filleted thighs in the paste, then cook on a roasting tray #5 for 45 mins.

As for the chips - you're on your own.

Is there any specific reason not to just buy thigh fillets? Because I've filleted enough thighs for one lifetime.

Sebastian Cobb

I wouldn't fillet skin + boned thigh if I'm baking it tbh.

Replies From View

surprised that in 2021 they don't just put chickens inside kinder eggs

Glebe

Can't be arse cooking, so:

seepage

If it's going to be industrial Cheddar or Red Leicester, then 45 secs in the microwave will improve things no end.

Replies From View

more of a double gloucester fan are you?

Chedney Honks

Mad that everyone on the forum is always like we're so great and at the same time they're eating chicken and chips like it's nothing.

I can't take this any more.

Tony Tony Tony

Can I have yours if you don't want it?