Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,186
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:41:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cummings attacks Johnson

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 25, 2021, 12:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

"I prefer whatever the focus groups say I should prefer, Angela"

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 29, 2021, 08:24:31 PM
Don't worry there's more cringe if anyone wants a second helping!

Christ almii-iiiiii-ighty.

idunnosomename

when sleaze consumed Major's government he didnt have an 80 majority with lots of popular support for his record on European issues. this will come to nothing. even if the electoral commission suspends him the cunt's entourage will spin it like Trump's impeachments. Sir Keir is a woke wally doing britain down, he doesnt have a fucking chance

Video Game Fan 2000

The importance of sleaze in the downfall of the tories in 1996-1997 was exaggerated to cover the fact that Labour's popularity was in part due to the media backing them due to their shift rightwards.

For every part of it that was really voters snapping out of it and seeing the Tories for what they were, there was an equal part that was Blair using it as a convenient alibi to why rabidly Tory media was now rushing him to a coronation.

I bet the average person remembers the media fall out from the "New Labour New Danger" advertising campaign more than they remember any specific piece of sleaze. Curtains and wallpaper will be just as ephemeral to an exhausted and grieving public. As stupid as Johnson is, he's never going to make a media error as bad as New Labour New Danger and its moronic to try to force him into one.

frajer

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 29, 2021, 08:24:31 PM
Don't worry there's more cringe if anyone wants a second helping!

"Oasis! Blackcurrant and apple, every meal deal. And maybe next we can swing by JOHN LEWIS." Winks at camera.

Video Game Fan 2000

Is he proper tiny because that picture looks like a photoshop.

Video Game Fan 2000

"Gloasis or ga Glone Woses?"

idunnosomename

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 29, 2021, 08:45:09 PM
Is he proper tiny because that picture looks like a photoshop.

he's 5'8" and it seems Rayner is 5'9". i've seen her speak in a small conference room (no stage) and she didnt seem all that tall. maybe the R2-D2 shoes help though

BlodwynPig

Pale waves or simply red, keith?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 29, 2021, 08:53:09 PM
he's 5'8" and it seems Rayner is 5'9". i've seen her speak in a small conference room (no stage) and she didnt seem all that tall. maybe the R2-D2 shoes help though

Look like ewok shoe in that photo

Video Game Fan 2000

Its a puppet!

Five eight my behind.

idunnosomename

lol

just say "TORY SLEAZE" and "JOBS FOR MATES" couple more times Sir Kier and itll be in the bag

Fry

olliebean

Nice to see Greens on the verge of overtaking the Lib Dems, though.

Fambo Number Mive

Guardian claim the Times reported a Tory donor was asked to pay for a nanny for Johnson's son. Raab, when asked, says he has no idea if the claim was true and called it gossip and tittle tattle.

QuoteThe donor is alleged to have said: "I don't mind paying for leaflets but I resent being asked to pay to literally wipe the prime minister's baby's bottom."

jobotic

Well after Cameron's head rolled it looks like Johnson is next for prison what with Cummings' dynamite scheduled for tomorrow.

I took it upon myself to do a terrible thing and read a Marina Hyde article. I know, I know. It did contain this though

QuoteOne of the more excruciating things I've read about Dominic Cummings – tough field – came last November in the Sunday Times account of his final days in No 10. A colleague told the paper: "Dom's favourite gesture at the moment in conversations is to pull the pin from an imaginary hand grenade and then throw the grenade over his shoulder as he leaves the room. Everyone is braced."

Fambo Number Mive

Do you think the hand grenade gesture ever gets mistaken for another type of gesture?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 25, 2021, 05:55:57 PM
Do you think the hand grenade gesture ever gets mistaken for another type of gesture?

Tossing a mink shawl over one shoulder, coquettishly?

bakabaka

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 25, 2021, 05:57:47 PM
Tossing a mink shawl over one shoulder, coquettishly?
That's mink stole, you pleb.

In one simple move, I reinforce Blodwyn's left-wing credibility[nb]What's the 21st century equivalent of 'street cred'? I'm far too old to know.[/nb] and destroy my own. Sod it. Post.

Paul Calf

Cummings is in the vanguard of the coup. He's probably going to make Reichsbevollmächtigter für den totalen Kriegseinsatz.

jobotic

imitationleather

Hearing calls for Cummings to replace Starmer as Labour leader.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bakabaka on May 25, 2021, 06:12:46 PM
That's mink stole, you pleb.

In one simple move, I reinforce Blodwyn's left-wing credibility[nb]What's the 21st century equivalent of 'street cred'? I'm far too old to know.[/nb] and destroy my own. Sod it. Post.

Dont worry, the word escaped me, so i agonised over shawl and scarf, i am the phlebicite

steveh

"Boris Johnson wanted to be infected with Covid on live TV 'to show it's nothing to be scared of' Dominic Cummings is set to testify"

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-covid-infected-on-tv-kung-flu-2021-5

jobotic

Johnson is going to emerge as a triumphant hero to the brain dead right and the media after this, isn't he?

monkfromhavana

Quote from: jobotic on May 26, 2021, 09:00:32 AM
Johnson is going to emerge as a triumphant hero to the brain dead right and the media after this, isn't he?

You mean more than he already is?

jobotic

Yes.

Actually perhaps he's not the hero he was to the media, dunno. When did Gove last pipe up about anything?

JaDanketies

Quote from: steveh on May 26, 2021, 08:55:14 AM
"Boris Johnson wanted to be infected with Covid on live TV 'to show it's nothing to be scared of' Dominic Cummings is set to testify"

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-covid-infected-on-tv-kung-flu-2021-5

that would've been funny if he got deliberately infected and then ended up in intensive care. although I guess he did shake hands with people in a COVID ward and then got infected and ended up in intensive care, which was also quite funny