Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:04:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cummings attacks Johnson

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 25, 2021, 12:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

I told him it was unethical and wrong.

Of course you did mate.

lipsink

Drowning Pool attempt rewrite.

Buelligan

Still, looks like he got his wish.  At least someone's happy.

pigamus

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 25, 2021, 08:15:59 PM
People don't care about sleaze. It's abstract and they don't see how it affects them. They didn't care about it 1992-1997 either. The Tories were a dying star with no new ideas and would have been beaten by a paedo as long as they weren't wearing a blue rosette.

What about the expenses scandal, they cared about that

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pigamus on April 26, 2021, 06:27:54 AM

Because they were allowed to by the media controllers

Paul Calf

Quote from: pigamus on April 26, 2021, 06:27:54 AM

Did they? What happened as a result of that?

lipsink

Pretty damning it being on the front page of the Mail. Has Murdoch decided Johnson has served his purpose but his time's up? Can't quite imagine Gove as PM inspiring the same following? Or maybe I can actually. It'd just be without the LOLZ BANTZ.

BlodwynPig

Is the mail owned by Murdoch?!!!

Paul Calf

Johnson is a burn-out. He wanted to stride into office, roll around in the Churchill-piss-infused leather and wood of Downing Street and sail into the history books with a few preposterously expensive white elephant legacy-branding projects. Instead he's had to deal with the crabby, sweating details of Brexit and a major pandemic. He can't be bothered with details. He doesn't understand that Churchill - bigoted ignorer of holocausts though he was - was a batshit workaholic who insisted on being at the scene. Johnson thought he could busk it. In quieter times, it might have worked but this is a bad time to be in charge of such an unholy mess when you're a talentless cunt who's been given everything you ever had and get irritated when asked to do your job.

I think the right-wing rags have buyer's remorse.

lipsink

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 26, 2021, 08:02:42 AM
Is the mail owned by Murdoch?!!!

Oh shit, sorry. It's another cunt.

jobotic

"Let the bodies pile high in their thousands" is a pretty big story isn't it? Huge I would have thought.

Yet no one outside of the Mail and twitter seems to be touching it. It could be because they are all supporting the Tories as always (Kuennsberg would have tried to ignore it if he'd screamed it at a Covid briefing while wanking all over a flag) but it could also be because it's bullshit and comes from Gove, Vine and Cummings.

Captain Z

Quote from: jobotic on April 26, 2021, 09:24:40 AM
"Let the bodies pile high in their thousands" is a pretty big story isn't it? Huge I would have thought.

Nah. Just imagine how much worse it would have been under Corbyn...

Tony Tony Tony

Reckon the real question over Bozza letting Carrie redecorate the Downing Street flat is what kind of shit tip state did Cameron leave it in to need £200,000 or so worth of work?

lipsink

Quote from: jobotic on April 26, 2021, 09:24:40 AM

Yet no one outside of the Mail and twitter seems to be touching it. It could be because they are all supporting the Tories as always (Kuennsberg would have tried to ignore it if he'd screamed it at a Covid briefing while wanking all over a flag) but it could also be because it's bullshit and comes from Gove, Vine and Cummings.

If Kuennsberg had reported it she would have followed it up with 100 tweets stating "Sources claim that this is standard practice in Westminster and always has been"

jobotic

Dorries and her twitter followers seem to think the Mail got this story from....Momentum.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on April 26, 2021, 09:45:24 AM
Reckon the real question over Bozza letting Carrie redecorate the Downing Street flat is what kind of shit tip state did Cameron leave it in to need £200,000 or so worth of work?

Apparently it was May's "John Lewis furniture" that was the issue.

Buelligan

Interesting that the Mail is on it, as they were with Oakeshott's Cameron stuff.  Makes you wonder who they have in mind to run the country now, not someone from the Bullingdon it seems.

On the whole thieving cunts in government, surely, we just need some fucking rules.  The Civil Service used to have very strict regulations detailing how tenders and sales should be enacted.  Controlling quite precisely how and if a government employee could take up work after leaving the service, regarding the acceptance of gifts and loans.  It seems to me, someone needs to dust them off and start putting a bit of devastating stick about.  Applying them to all involved in the governance of Britain or employed in a public capacity.  Jail time, loss of pensions, harsh stuff, is what is required across the board, not just a bit of tutting about Johnson or some other dishonest fuck.

idunnosomename

Didn't the media used to pronounce it Simmonds? It seems only late last year that they started saying Simonds. As in Simon. Is it just me.

Says a lot about how little the press know about her. Everyone seemed surprised when the baby was baptised at Westminster Cathedral (Catholic). For "politics obsessives" who basically like politics as a big show of facts and tradition, any time a Catholic pops up is significant. Even Tonty felt he had to wait until he left office to switch.

I mean no one cares obviously and our politics is just a fucking shit show, but this is the choice they made.

imitationleather

I kind of would like to see them install Gove as PM. Surely the electorate are not going to accept having a leader who makes you feel nauseous when you look at him?

Ultimately, though, it's impossible to get excited about the Tories doing badly because it just means Starmer (and the people I know who support him) will end up feeling vindicated.

jobotic

I used to long for Gove to be leader. Elcectoral suicide I thought. But now who knows?

Paul Calf

If they install Gove as leader, you'll know that they've abandoned electoral appeal entirely. Gove is a very competent politician, but he's electoral poison. He is also a genuine fascist. Boris has only seized on right-populism because it's propelled him into power, and that's literally all he cares about. That's dangerous enough, but Gove genuinely believes it.

idunnosomename

Always said that. Its not theoretical, look what he did to our schools.

Sebastian Cobb

The alternative to Gove is probably Rishi. Which may be preferable spending wise in the short term but he lobbied Boris to keep things open for the economy.

Looks like the taxman is interested in Boris now: https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-carrie-symonds-downing-street-hmrc-inquiry-money-revamp-flat-971934

idunnosomename

Love how people keep saying hes married to Symonds when he isnt. And probably never will be tbh

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 26, 2021, 10:43:01 AM
Always said that. Its not theoretical, look what he did to our schools.

Agreed. With Cummings.

And yeah, no need for an electable leader if you have no intention of holding elections.

Paul Calf

They'll hold elections when they've ensured that they can't lose.

jobotic

By installing Starmer as opposition leader!?

Paul Calf

Gove is the Walter Ulbricht of authoritarian neoliberalism.

peanutbutter

Gove for three years, swap him out for Sunak to give whatever kind of bump is needed (if any) to win the election

Would have to imagine some of the cavalcade of weirdos they got in last election would have some level of loyalty to Johnson though.

jobotic

Not a mention of this on BBC website.