Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:50:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cummings attacks Johnson

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 25, 2021, 12:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Quote from: jobotic on April 26, 2021, 11:29:25 AM
Not a mention of this on BBC website

Weird, the BBC Radio news (on 6Music at least) had it first story.

jobotic

NoSleep

Quote from: Captain Z on April 26, 2021, 09:29:51 AM
Nah. Just imagine how much worse it would have been under Corbyn...

Are you trying to imply that he isn't entirely responsible?

lipsink

They also asked the Defence Secretary about it on BBC Breakfast. His reply was "This is just hearsay" Pretty big news that he's naming a former pop group as a source.

NoSleep

As Novara pointed out, this is just another case of moving the spotlight from what was leaked (which is the important story) into "who leaked it".

"There'll be an inquiry".

jobotic

Quote from: lipsink on April 26, 2021, 11:48:18 AM
They also asked the Defence Secretary about it on BBC Breakfast. His reply was "This is just hearsay" Pretty big news that he's naming a former pop group as a source.

Must be a coordinated approach.

Rees-Mogg said "It's just a load of fucking S Club Sevens. mate. That's all it is, S Club Sevens" while doing that Emu thing with his hand.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: NoSleep on April 26, 2021, 11:51:39 AM
As Novara pointed out, this is just another case of moving the spotlight from what was leaked (which is the important story) into "who leaked it".

"There'll be an inquiry".
Obligatory 'Yes, Minister' link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA1VTG3Z23U

jobotic

The Culture Bunker

I can see a logic where people agree with him - it's fine to be blasé after the fact, when you're not dead: "yeah, we should have just powered through! Boris was right!"

JamesTC

What kind of working class man hasn't gone down the pub and talked about bodies piling up through their own wilful negligence.

jobotic

They know their place well enough to know that if their betters tell them it's necessary then it is.

idunnosomename

to be fair on his toady biographer, it is the sort of crass thing you might say when you've had a skinful

Kankurette

frajer

Is it even a night out if you don't banter about dead bodies piling up.

Fambo Number Mive

Blimey: https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1386406516949807106

QuoteNEW: Boris Johnson is said to have personally fingered Dominic Cummings over the leaks

Video Game Fan 2000

Cor blimey squire we bleedin love a bit of the old dead bodies piling up in street don't we luvverly jubberly

madhair60

"Let the bodies pile high in their thousands" has honestly sent me into a bit of a tailspin. I can't actually believe it.

earl_sleek

Drowing Pool consider rewrite.

idunnosomename

it's the best bit of rhetoric he's come up with since he became prime minister. it is good to sing to the tune of "my bonnie lies over the ocean"

LET THE BODIES PILE HIGH IN THEIR THOUSANDS
LET THE CORPSES GO DOWN TO THEIR GRAVES
LET THE BODIES PILE HIGH IN THEIR THOUSANDS
WHILE MY MATES MAKE MORE MONEY IN SPADES

jobotic

Alright step down. He's denied and at the same time paid tribute to all those that pulled together through the lockdown. And something about vaccines.

So if you question what he's saying your'e doing down the people who pulled together and you hate vaccines and the NHS.

"Fair enough" says Keith.

frajer

His coke-addled mind probably thinks it's something his beloved Churchill would have come out. His "we shall fight them on the beaches" moment.

Cold Meat Platter

Bob Page : Why contain it? Let it spill over the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to save them.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on April 26, 2021, 11:29:25 AM
Not a mention of this on BBC website.

Too busy wanking off about The Line of Duty

BlodwynPig

Quote from: JamesTC on April 26, 2021, 12:22:46 PM
What kind of working class man hasn't gone down the pub and talked about bodies piling up through their own wilful negligence.

Baby Hitler loved a pint of mild.

idunnosomename

forum fav the IDS provides the content we're all after in double-quick time

https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1386666260545540105

Captain Z

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56890714

QuoteBoris Johnson did make 'bodies could pile high' comment

Oh!

QuoteBoris Johnson suggested that "bodies could pile high" during a heated discussion about lockdown

Uh huh

QuoteThe PM denied making the remarks, adding that lockdowns had worked.

Ah

QuoteThe comments are said to have been made

Hm

QuoteThe story was labelled "not true" by Defence Secretary Ben Wallace

Oh

QuoteThe PM's spokesman also said the reported comments were false adding: "This is untrue and the PM has denied it... I'm not aware of anyone else making that statement."

Right

jobotic

QuoteJeremy Corbyn demanded that bodies were piled high. "I want the corpses to block out the sun" he said, according to a source.

frajer

Quote"Who cares? The lives these people lead, they're already dead," Rees-Mogg chortled.

jobotic

Give had a tantrum but not actually properly denied it.

Yeah..it was you wasn't it, you oily pipsqueak. Not that it matters.