Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:55:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cummings attacks Johnson

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 25, 2021, 12:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

QuoteThe BBC bulletin at the top of Radio 4's PM programme was leading on a story saying that Boris Johnson did say that he would rather see bodies "pile high in their thousands" than order a third lockdown despite Boris Johnson's denial. The BBC says "sources familiar with the conversation" have confirmed it.

Kelvin

I have used this website for nearly two decades and I never knew about this quick reply option. Let's see if it works.

Kelvin

It does! And I'm not above interrupting a discussion about thousands dying to prove it!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kelvin on April 26, 2021, 05:17:36 PM
I have used this website for nearly two decades and I never knew about this quick reply option. Let's see if it works.

Is it the Report to Moderator button? Let the bodies pile up high.

Zetetic

Quote from: lipsink on April 26, 2021, 08:00:39 AM
Pretty damning it being on the front page of the Mail.
It'd be nice to believe this is Johnson having exhausted his usefulness (although not that nice, given what he'll be replaced with), but the most I'm hoping for is a passing reference when BoJo's next hosting HIGNFY.

jobotic

I think that's what this photo is in aid of

NoSleep

Quote from: jobotic on April 26, 2021, 05:45:40 PM

Trying to outshine the cattle there, with his methane production.

Sebastian Cobb

"are you sure none of them need inseminating?"

Blinder Data

I'm struck that the BBC is sticking to its story that the PM did indeed say the thing that he is denying. Surprising behaviour when it's usually so timid. Somebody somewhere must have the receipts.

Chairman Yang

The tone of reluctant admission in the headline "Boris Johnson did make 'bodies could pile high' comment" and then 8 paragraphs of damage control, of course he said it.

Not that it matters, he could have said 'I'd rather lop my knob off than have a single person die', he's still killed them.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Kelvin on April 26, 2021, 05:17:36 PM

Me neither but then again I haven't ever really looked at the 'look and layout' options via my profile for about a decade.

Alberon

Quote from: Blinder Data on April 26, 2021, 05:57:07 PM
I'm struck that the BBC is sticking to its story that the PM did indeed say the thing that he is denying. Surprising behaviour when it's usually so timid. Somebody somewhere must have the receipts.

Even when no names are attached to these sort of things it's generally known that when a journalist says 'sources' or 'person close to' then they've got first hand confirmation, but they don't want to go on the record. Often, but not this case obviously, it's leaked by the subject themselves.

The press know he said it, but the politicians will stick to the line that it's made up and will hope this goes away.

Will it make a difference? Most people have a low opinion of politicians which removes much of the incentive for them to even appear to act morally.

druss

He could hold a press conference saying "To be clear, it seems to be mostly lower class people who are dying from covid and it is only their bodies I don't mind piling up" and he'd still win in a landslide against Starmer.

frajer

Quote from: druss on April 26, 2021, 08:36:36 PM
He could hold a press conference saying "To be clear, it seems to be mostly lower class people who are dying from covid and it is only their bodies I don't mind piling up" and he'd still win in a landslide against Starmer.

Just good old fashioned pub banter from a very relatable fellow.

In other news, I've always wanted to share a pint with an albino Toad of Toad Hall.

idunnosomename

phrrt "just a thought"

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1386770591034793984

maybe if you lot didnt prolapse a load of pro-tory shit constantly we wouldnt be in this mess where the country is governed by a bunch of posh dickheads

I reckon "Dom" could make life even more difficult for Johnson right now by coming clean about the Barnard Castle thing, and saying he only stayed on at the PM's insistence (thus implicating him in the lie).  I presume the only reason he kept his job is because Johnson wanted/needed him to stay, so it's probably not far from the truth.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 26, 2021, 10:39:18 PM
phrrt "just a thought"

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1386770591034793984

maybe if you lot didnt prolapse a load of pro-tory shit constantly we wouldnt be in this mess where the country is governed by a bunch of posh dickheads

Isn't Twitter full of Tories and gammons? There seems to be this idea among Twitter that it is full of left wing people. They also make it sound like Twitter is it's own country, plenty on people on Twitter in the areas mentioned.

Also, if SPs scenario did come to pass could it be interpreted as Hartlepool, the Tees Valley and the West Midlands being disconnected from the rest of Britain?

Paul Calf

Ben Wallace is a particularly sycophantic shithead

"That's not my boss. My boss feels every difficult decision because he knows about people and he wants life to be successful for everyone. And that's a really hard job in a pandemic.

"My boss has delivered those vaccination rates, and a steady step out of lockdown which we are now seeing.

"Whereas across the channel and on the continent we are still not seeing that. That is my boss, and he has put his heart and soul into that, and I am proud to serve with him and Prime Minister and proud of the outcomes we are delivering."

Paying his respects to the Don.

JamesTC

The Sontarans have let themselves go.

Fambo Number Mive

I thought the NHS, volunteers and scientists delivered the vaccination rates, not Johnson.

If Johnson "delivered those vaccination rates, and a steady step out of lockdown" he also "delivered" a delay before locking down three times which resulted in an avoidable rise in cases, hospitalisations and deaths.

The Tories are hoping people ignore what happened before the vaccination programme began. Even now the government is making mistakes in other areas and trying to distract from them.

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: jobotic on April 26, 2021, 04:00:20 PMJeremy Corbyn demanded that bodies were piled high. "I want the corpses to block out the sun" he said, according to a source.

Did a ROFL, in my mind.

druss

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 27, 2021, 10:03:25 AM
I thought the NHS, volunteers and scientists delivered the vaccination rates, not Johnson.

If Johnson "delivered those vaccination rates, and a steady step out of lockdown" he also "delivered" a delay before locking down three times which resulted in an avoidable rise in cases, hospitalisations and deaths.

The Tories are hoping people ignore what happened before the vaccination programme began. Even now the government is making mistakes in other areas and trying to distract from them.
It's working. My Mum is friends with some life long Tories. Actually nice and generous people and I've always felt they supported the wrong party for their personalities, but anyway they're not the brightest. They think Johnson did the best he could when the pandemic started and think he has saved the country with the vaccine programme. Oh and that Brexit was us taking are country back, the usual.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 27, 2021, 09:51:43 AM

mr country teasers does the politics now?

pigamus

I don't see how this 'bodies piled high' shit is any worse than going on This Morning saying you were basically going to let the virus run rampant. And Downing Street refurbishment, who cares? Seems pretty minor-league to me.

dissolute ocelot

There are a lot of examples showing how a government can spend many years in freefall before anything really changes: John Major's administration being a laughing-stock for at least 5 years shows how the Tories' reputation for ruthlessness is sometimes exaggerated.[nb]Theresa May was deposed not for being shit but for being soft on Brexit.[/nb] It would be fun to imagine No 10 turning into rubble, a semi-naked drunken BoJo standing atop the ruins with his hair billowing in the breeze like a warlord in The Walking Dead, but as long as there is bread on the table and house prices keep rising, he's safe.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 27, 2021, 09:51:43 AM

Paying his respects to the Don.

https://youtu.be/NisCkxU544c

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-barnard-castle-lockdown-trip-downing-street-war-b931881.html

"Can I just shock you? I actually don't trust Dominic Cummings' judgement over his Barnard Castle trip, in spite of all those things I, and the rest of the cabinet, said last summer."

paruses

Quote from: pigamus on April 27, 2021, 11:13:46 AM
I don't see how this 'bodies piled high' shit is any worse than going on This Morning saying you were basically going to let the virus run rampant. And Downing Street refurbishment, who cares? Seems pretty minor-league to me.

No - be forgotten in a short while. Just as I had forgotten that dead bodies don't bother him. Remember him talking about the great guys with their eyes on Libya: "They have got a brilliant vision to turn Sirte [...] into the next Dubai. The only thing they've got to do is clear the dead bodies ". It's almost as if he's a massive prick.

idunnosomename

And that was recorded too! (It was a party conference fringe event)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 27, 2021, 12:12:32 PM
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-barnard-castle-lockdown-trip-downing-street-war-b931881.html

"Can I just shock you? I actually don't trust Dominic Cummings' judgement over his Barnard Castle trip, in spite of all those things I, and the rest of the cabinet, said last summer."

It's what the modern press were made for. Political class tittle tattle as a distraction. I blame the masses.