Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WE ARE AS OPPRESSED AS THEM JEWS WHO STARVED TO DEATH IN THE HOLOCAUST

Started by Catalogue Trousers, April 25, 2021, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue Trousers

Not sure if the existing 'racist idiot responses to Covid' thread should have this, but dear fuck. State of this. (Note: not specifically this woman, but her and the other protestors of whatever gender)

'REEEEEEEEEE they are making us wear masks! This is how Adolf Hitler got started!'

Get tae fuck/in grave (delete as appropriate).

Sebastian Cobb

Adam Smith drew a Star of David on his rucksack when he was going through a gothy phase and too thick to remember how many stars a pentagram's meant to have. Maybe she's trying to say lockdowns are hellish?

buttgammon

Possibly the most despicable single thing from the covid deniers and assorted scum who've tagged onto them.

Kankurette

There are no words for how much I hate these cunts. When they're not blaming us for COVID, they're acting like being asked to wear a mask is the same as living in fucking Nazi Germany.

flotemysost

Yeah, it's below contempt. Got to be illegal, surely? Other variations I've seen from COVD denying twats include Stasi Germany, communist Russia and 1984.

Aside from how disgustingly offensive it obviously is, it's the sheer self-important big-headedness of it that really grates - what about MY RIGHTS, they're taking away my RIGHTS and SPYING ON ME, no calm down mate you're really not that interesting and no one gives a shit about your opinions and you probably already share your data very frequently every time you shop, use apps on your phone etc.

LOL at the fact that she's gone for the slogan "NO COVID" though, err yes that's what we're aiming for with the masks and vaccines actually.

shiftwork2

They made you wear a mask because there's a new disease of the upper respiratory tract that nobody had immunity to.

fuck it post

chveik

Quote from: flotemysost on April 25, 2021, 06:27:48 PM
Aside from how disgustingly offensive it obviously is, it's the sheer self-important big-headedness of it that really grates - what about MY RIGHTS, they're taking away my RIGHTS and SPYING ON ME, no calm down mate you're really not that interesting and no one gives a shit about your opinions and you probably already share your data very frequently every time you shop, use apps on your phone etc.

and it's typically the sort of people that would sleepwalk (are sleepwalking) into fascism

Kankurette

Yeah, it's below contempt. Got to be illegal, surely? Other variations I've seen from COVD denying twats include Stasi Germany, communist Russia and 1984.

LOL at the fact that she's gone for the slogan "NO COVID" though, err yes that's what we're aiming for with the masks and vaccines actually.
They can still go shopping and go into pubs. Jews in Nazi Germany had their businesses destroyed.

Glebe

Privileged white person in out-of-touch-with-reality scenario!

flotemysost

I dunno, it feels more sinister than simply being out of touch - it's like they've deliberately gone straight for the most provocative, emotive reference they can think of because they know it'll grab people's attention and stir controversy, without a thought for how it might make anyone actually affected by the Holocaust or antisemitism feel to see that shit being bandied about. Ignorant, crass, self-serving lowlifes.

jobotic

Quote from: chveik on April 25, 2021, 07:13:56 PM
and it's typically the sort of people that would sleepwalk (are sleepwalking) into fascism

They're the sort of people that would enjoy helping with the round ups.

Was that photo taken in London?

Chairman Yang

Yeah there's no way this is sincere. I'd put good money on her being in some 'Jews invented COVID to Stop Brexit' Facebook group.

flotemysost

Yeah there seems to be a pretty big overlap between conspiracy theory nutters and antisemitism. Hateful dangerous cunts.

Quote from: jobotic on April 25, 2021, 09:33:56 PM
Was that photo taken in London?

I think that might be the Simit Sarayi on Oxford Street. All this photo has achieved (apart from making me angry and depressed) is that it's made me crave one of their frankly rather NSFW cheddar and olive melts:

Of course, as a halal bakery it's probably on these lunatics' shitlist for some reason as well, I'm sure they think Sadiq Khan is rolling out shariah law across London or something.

Glebe

Quote from: flotemysost on April 25, 2021, 09:25:37 PMI dunno, it feels more sinister than simply being out of touch - it's like they've deliberately gone straight for the most provocative, emotive reference they can think of because they know it'll grab people's attention and stir controversy, without a thought for how it might make anyone actually affected by the Holocaust or antisemitism feel to see that shit being bandied about. Ignorant, crass, self-serving lowlifes.

Complete idiocy in any case, mind.

Ferris

Quote from: jobotic on April 25, 2021, 10:29:21 PM

Dur you're all sheeple

Yer one on the right has the QAnon stuff on the bottom of her sign as well. Got to keep your eye in on every loopy conspiracy obviously, but on the same sign? Just crass.

We had some out this weekend, lead by noted local fruitcake who keeps calling herself a doctor. She was a chiropractor but "surrendered her licence and entered into a settlement agreement with the college, admitting she was "professionally incompetent as a result of incompetence arising out of mental incapacity."

Not my words, the words she chose to get out of legal trouble.

Kankurette

I wonder how much of an overlap there is between these and Holocaust deniers.

Mmmm, cheddar and olives.

Paul Calf

Remember that bit in 1984 when Winston Smith didn't wear his mask and was asked to by a supermarket employee? Chilling.

buttgammon

As I've mentioned in other threads, I've made something of a hobby of removing conspiracy stickers and posters during the pandemic, and there is a big overlap between the theories about the virus and various racist dogwhistles. One of the most frequent ones is that it's a 'globalist conspiracy'.

jobotic

When we got the "White Rose" stickers round here, it was shortly after a spate of Hundred Hander and Pie & Mash Squad stickers - probably all from the same couple of bedroom neo-Nazis.

Massively outnumbered by the COVID & BREXIT = BRITASTROPHE ones though.

buttgammon

The ones here actually get replaced when you remove them. It's made me put more effort into it, because you're wasting someone's money. They've also had to fuck up the url because a .co.uk would make it too obvious that it's taken from the British far-right, so a really stupid effort all round.

Despite fresh stickers being replaced regularly, they're still mostly removed or scratched to fuck before I get to them, or else covered with anti-racist ones that local football fans have put up (another reason why I can't pick a club here - they're all likeable).

Kankurette

Quote from: buttgammon on April 26, 2021, 08:32:56 AM
As I've mentioned in other threads, I've made something of a hobby of removing conspiracy stickers and posters during the pandemic, and there is a big overlap between the theories about the virus and various racist dogwhistles. One of the most frequent ones is that it's a 'globalist conspiracy'.
Me too. The mask always slips.

buttgammon

Quote from: Kankurette on April 26, 2021, 09:34:28 AM
Me too. The mask always slips.

Perhaps ironically, as it's the only time they even attempt to wear a mask.

Jollity

I saw a "white rose" sticker around here a few days ago. I didn't look into it, but it seemed like it was fash to me. Either that, or they'd definitely picked their side in the Wars of the Roses, but since I don't live in fifteenth century York, that seems unlikely.

Also seen some more specifically covid-related stickers, one along the lines of "A disease so deadly, you have to get a test to find out if you have it!" and on the other side of the road, something like "Anti-vax: when you trust your own immune system more than the government". I wonder if they're being put up by the same person who was writing "Who is Q-Anon?" on sticky labels and sticking them around the place a few years ago.

flotemysost

Quote from: Jollity on April 26, 2021, 08:18:00 PM
Also seen some more specifically covid-related stickers, one along the lines of "A disease so deadly, you have to get a test to find out if you have it!"

Because no one ever found out they had cancer, HIV or any other potentially deadly disease after getting a test for it. Morons.

Of course these are probably the same cunts that think you can cure all cancers by eating mung beans or some shit.

Kankurette

I saw one today saying 'why do small businesses close if we have to wear masks, ahhhh'.

The White Rose they're alluding to in this case is not the rose of Yorkshire but the anti-Nazi group, which is...kind of ironic, to say the least. You know, because Sophie Scholl and friends handed out anti-Nazi leaflets and got fucking hanged, while these people are being told to wear masks. The humanity. As an aside, I would like it very much if Jews were not constantly treated as a talking point and not actual people, Holocaust victims and Jews who lived under Nazi occupation were/are real people, kthx.

flotemysost

Quote from: Kankurette on April 26, 2021, 08:38:08 PM
As an aside, I would like it very much if Jews were not constantly treated as a talking point and not actual people, Holocaust victims and Jews who lived under Nazi occupation were/are real people, kthx.

Apologies if anything here has come across that way - I'm aware it's all too easy for people who aren't directly affected by a form of oppression to discuss it in a way which could be traumatic or insensitive to those who are affected by it, even while decrying it, so I'm sorry if any comments on this thread have come across as treating this as a detached "issue" rather than something that actually affected and still affects real people.

Kankurette

Nononono, I'm not talking about you or anyone on here, I'm talking about these dickheads who compare everything to Nazi Germany and the Holocaust.

It's not though, eradicating the virus isn't a realistic prospect. It'll naturally fade into endemic obscurity. And as I've mentioned a billion times before, masks have been demonstrated to be virtually useless in preventing viral spread in the community. They're particularly ridiculous since it's highly unlikely that the virus is transmitted by healthy people. The government were aware of this, but were persuaded to mandate them on the advice of behavioural psychologists from SAGE.

There's a serious discussion to be had regarding efficacy of lockdowns and whether they're justifiable in light of the damage they cause, but instead you'd prefer to go for low hanging fruit like this embarrassing cringelord. (Also, the term 'Covid denier' is so disingenuous - yes, a fringe element deny it exists but the majority of lockdown critics aren't of this way of thinking.)