Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WE ARE AS OPPRESSED AS THEM JEWS WHO STARVED TO DEATH IN THE HOLOCAUST

Started by Catalogue Trousers, April 25, 2021, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on April 27, 2021, 12:42:26 AM
And as I've mentioned a billion times before, masks have been demonstrated to be virtually useless in preventing viral spread in the community.

*waves from Australia and New Zealand*

Kankurette

I wondered when we were going to hear your spicy take. Lockdowns are being eased off, Johnson can't wait for us to get out of it so I don't even know what you're moaning about.

MojoJojo

It's not though, eradicating the virus isn't a realistic prospect. It'll naturally fade into endemic obscurity.

Im genuinely interested to know what you think about what is happening in India at the moment.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Over a billion people who have no idea he exists. Lucky bastards.

bgmnts

Quote from: MojoJojo on April 27, 2021, 08:16:13 AM
Im genuinely interested to know what you think about what is happening in India at the moment.

Vanishing into endemic obscurity means only affecting countries where poor brown and black people live.

jobotic

Quote from: MojoJojo on April 27, 2021, 08:16:13 AM

Well he won't tell you. He'll fuck off for a bit then pop up again to tell us that everyone knows for a fact that science has proved that masks are ineffective and people who aren't ill can't spread diseases. Then fuck off for a bit.

flotemysost

They're particularly ridiculous since it's highly unlikely that the virus is transmitted by healthy people.

Cheers, will pass this on to my formerly healthy young friends who caught the virus from other healthy young people and now can't taste or smell properly or in some cases can't walk up a flight of stairs, months down the line from getting a positive test. I'm sure that'll perk them right up.

No one is denying that lockdowns are shit or that this has been handled dreadfully, I say this as someone who's been utterly miserable for most of the past year, my depression has plumbed depths I didn't think it capable of. But this WAKE UP SHEEPLE tripe is actually pretty fucking insulting to anyone who's made personal sacrifices at the expense of their own mental health (i.e. most of us), as well as obviously being hideously contemptuous towards anyone who's suffered even more grave, permanent losses thanks to this shit show.

And of all the threads to hijack, downplaying the seriousness of cunts who trivialise the Holocaust, nice one.

Kankurette

Quote from: flotemysost on April 27, 2021, 10:12:23 PM
Cheers, will pass this on to my formerly healthy young friends who caught the virus from other healthy young people and now can't taste or smell properly or in some cases can't walk up a flight of stairs, months down the line from getting a positive test. I'm sure that'll perk them right up.

No one is denying that lockdowns are shit or that this has been handled dreadfully, I say this as someone who's been utterly miserable for most of the past year, my depression has plumbed depths I didn't think it capable of. But this WAKE UP SHEEPLE tripe is actually pretty fucking insulting to anyone who's made personal sacrifices at the expense of their own mental health (i.e. most of us), as well as obviously being hideously contemptuous towards anyone who's suffered even more grave, permanent losses thanks to this shit show.

And of all the threads to hijack, downplaying the seriousness of cunts who trivialise the Holocaust, nice one.
But it's the ~the lOwEsT cOmMoN dEnOmInAtOr~

Like I said, one of my friends lost a colleague to COVID but that didn't stop Anna Brees from cunting on about how COVID isn't real to him. COVID deniers are incapable of reading the room.

Buelligan

The mask thing's obviously silly, how many people would relish a surgeon, perhaps diseased, perhaps not, operating on them or anyone they love sans mask?

But I do think we need to think about all this Laurence Foxian pro/anti stuff.  What is its use, why is it being stirred - it is, or why would extremely wealthy people be bankrolling little shits like Fox? 

I don't have the answer to this but I do think we need to think about it.  I do think the Brexit fissure was a lesson we need to learn about how the elite control democracy. 

I do look at those people being herded through pro/anti gates and see there are people (as with the Brexit triage) who could easily sit in either camp but for the fact they've been prodded, deliberately triggered into a position.  We need to watch this, that's what I reckon, united we stand, always worth keeping in mind. 

Less us and them, more us.

Kankurette

I don't know what their agenda is. Other than getting everywhere open ASAP.

flotemysost

I'm no expert on this stuff but a lot of the rhetoric seems to be around exposing the truth behind lies that we're supposedly being fed by authority figures, lies designed to control us and take away our personal liberties, or in some cases bodily autonomy. As with other antivax and conspiracy theory nuttery, a common theme seems to be "well they're not telling ME what to do/what to put in MY body/my child's body!", which on the surface seems a reasonable enough stance, but obviously as we've all seen it easily gets warped into an obsessive mistrust of often seemingly illogical targets, frequently flying in the face of scientific and medical evidence, and often seems to be led by an egocentric need to prove how much more enlightened, independent and generally superior they are to the blinkered sheeple numbly following orders from The Man/Big Pharma/etc.

It also ignores the nuances of this particular situation - it's clearly not as if everyone who's trying to comply with lockdowns and mask wearing a) is loving this situation or finding it easy, very few people are, or b) trusts or supports the current government, or naively thinks that they have our best interests at heart, which I imagine by this point very few people across the political spectrum wholeheartedly believe.

I don't think it's just about wanting stuff to re-open, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love for everything to re-open and to end social distancing etc. but who can recognise that unfortunately it's probably not a wise idea yet, and who wouldn't dream of insulting and mocking those who are trying to protect themselves and others.

Sebastian Cobb

Which is a problem given this laughable lot do detract away from potential concerns that 'temporary' covid legislation may be over-reaching and not all that temporary.

Kankurette

They already are taking personal liberties away but it's not got anything to do with COVID.

I voted Labour. I hate the government and I'll be glad when things are normal, and the fact I'm allowed to get the train down to see my parents is a sign we're on the way out. But I'm watching the scenes in India and Pakistan, bodies being burned, and it's horrific. How can anyone deny it? Or do a bunch of dead Indians not matter?

And yes, I do think about Fox and his motives. What difference does it make what I think?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Kankurette on April 28, 2021, 07:44:04 PM
They already are taking personal liberties away but it's not got anything to do with COVID.

I'm aware of that, however authoritarians rarely let a crisis go to waste.

I can see certain restrictions being similar to what happened in France after their terror attacks - a perpetual 'state of emergency' to justify higher security until people get used to it and it gets enshrined as the default in law.

Rev+

Don't overthink it.  It's 'but muuuuuum, I don't wanna clean my room'.  Nothing more.

These rugged free-thinkers, the people who have spent years stocking up on emergency rations for the coming RAHOWA, well they all melted down after a week without being able to get a haircut.  A slight inconvenience is the equivalent of the holocaust because they've never encountered hardship in their lives.

dissolute ocelot

There's people who don't believe the measles virus exists or is a threat (another disease widely spread by asymptomatic people), and AIDS/HIV denialism is well known. There's a bunch of cholesterol skeptics who don't believe anything about heart disease. Cancer denialism has already been mentioned. And lots of people denying smoking or heavy drinking is bad for you.

There are a lot of scientific studies on people who refuse to believe they have cancer, and denial is an incredibly common reaction to any threat to your health or well-being. There is already research on how to deal with denial and denialism, but more is needed; but sensationalist media, stupid corrupt politicians, and long-term underfunding of public health don't help.