Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lateral flow test question

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 26, 2021, 05:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Has anyone else ordered a box of 7 lateral flow tests? If so, do they fit through your letterbox? For some reason this information is not on the government website. Given that these are for symptomless testing and people will not.be isolating before they use them, this information should be on the site.

Also, if you can get lateral flow tests at work but only on the days you are at work can you still order them for the days you are at home? Just wondered if anyone knew this.

Zetetic

1. Probably. How tight is your letterbox?

2. Yeah, no one will care.

Moonshine

Ordered some last week, and they came the very next day. No problem whatsoever fitting through the letterbox.

I'm working from home and was able to order the box so presumably you could order them and have some for when you're at home, and just use work ones when you're there

Fambo Number Mive

Thanks Zetetic and Moonshine. My letterbox is 18cm long and 6cm high - I think that's pretty standard letterbox wise.

shiftwork2

What a coincidence, same as Dido Harding's vadge.

Everyone do the lateral flow baby, it's the rapping sensation taking over the nation!

Rev+

Yeah, they're kind of an A5 paperback size, clearly designed with being able to fit through letterboxes in mind.

Just got given a box of them the other day.  We get our prescriptions delivered, and the driver just brought one along and asked if I wanted it.

Captain Z

To put it in simple terms, each package is approximately the length of 0.011 London buses. Or, if laid flat, would cover an area the size of 1.51x10-6 football pitches. Essentially, you're talking about 0.00000864% of an Olympic swimming pool.

olliebean

But how many areas the size of Wales?

Jerzy Bondov

I've an unfounded suspicion that these things are total shite, don't work, and they bought too many of them which is why they're so keen we all get them. Does this make me a covidiot?

bgmnts

I've heard of a heavy flow but never a lateral flow. It sounds messy.

mothman

Bag(s) o'shite. You're inky supposed to get two drops in that little hole, and we all know that once we start peeing we can't stop, eh lads?

shiftwork2

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on May 05, 2021, 02:57:12 PM
they bought too many of them which is why they're so keen we all get them.

Knowing Dido Harding's excellence and expertise this is probably true.  This country and its pathetic deference to the great and the good.  Upper-middle class grift, state-sanctioned coining-in based on birthright.  £600+ per person spent on Test & Trace with no noticeable effect and nobody is even talking about it, let alone demanding answers.