Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:41:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inept forum posters.

Started by Glebe, April 26, 2021, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

popcorn.

Any other suggestions?

PlanktonSideburns

no i think youve smashed it there glebbers

Glebe

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 26, 2021, 07:38:36 PMno i think youve smashed it there glebbers

Thanks Planks! I always liked you, unlike popcorn, who I have a perfectly rational hatred off.

popcorn

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 26, 2021, 10:00:30 AM
I thought 5 was pretty good, 6 stank to high heaven though. It was like taking an exam. 7 was great fun but I had to start the whole game again on easy mode to finish the whole affair because, for the death of me, I could not get through that basement battle where you kept having to saw Yoffy from Fingerbobs in half with a chainsaw.

It's a really badly designed boss encounter. One of a number of tragic problems in what would otherwise be a great game.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: popcorn on January 30, 2011, 04:55:05 PM
I watched the first episode of the new lot. I have to say I wasn't that impressed. I like Franky on paper, but she was so stiffly glum I couldn't muster any sympathy for her. I had to pause the scene with Mr "beautiful fuckhead" Mysterious several times because it was just unwatchably embarrassing. I already hate that guy. Of the new cast we've seen so far, the metalhead is the only character I'm particularly interested in, because he seems a bit original and appears to have some joy in his heart. (I've only seen the first ep so far.)

I also watched the first episode of the US Skins, which I enjoyed. I don't know why it's taken such a bashing from other people I've seen online; the UK fanbase doesn't seem able to decide if it's sticking too closely or not closely enough to the original. Well, it's eerily identical in script, formula and mood, right down to the dodgy acting, shit 'comedy adult' characters, excessive use of music etc. The only real deviations I noticed were the obvious ones - the confusing switching of genders for the gay character (I wonder what the motivation for this was?), and, more problematic IMO, the casting of Cassie/Cadie. I don't think I'm alone in thinking Cassie was the best thing about Skins, but so far Cadie has none of her appeal... she isn't wide-eyed or dreamy enough. She seems self-conscious and cynical and slow, whereas Cassie was... well, a dreamer. A romantic, romanticised weirdo, and by far my favourite thing about Skins ever. Weird.

Of course, that criticism only applies assuming the US Skins is attempting to emulate the appeal of the original show. Whether it was the right call to stick so closely to the original in the first place is a different matter. The US Office only got interesting when it branched out into its own show, after all. Considering how the UK Skins throws away its entire cast and starts afresh every two series anyway, that seems like it would have been a good excuse for the US version to start off with its own original stories from the get-go.

Hello, everyone, by the way.

It's like seeing the brightest kid at school become a junkie a decade later. Bereft of sense or humour, a husk.

popcorn

Do you reckon it's a coincidence I made my first post here the day I was made redundant

BlodwynPig

Quote from: popcorn on April 26, 2021, 09:27:25 PM
Do you reckon it's a coincidence I made my first post here the day I was made redundant

For skiving off work 5 minutes early?

The mind.

The man.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

what's that you say? an opportunity to start forum drama and fight with everybody here?

chveik

Glebe