Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quick Reply Button?

Started by Tony Tony Tony, April 27, 2021, 02:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do You Use The Quick Reply Button

Yes
9 (27.3%)
No
11 (33.3%)
Don't Know
13 (39.4%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Tony Tony Tony

Don't suppose anyone can tell me what the quick reply button on here does?

Apart from replying quickly obvs.

zomgmouse

Means you can reply from within the same page instead of loading a new reply page.

It sends an automatic notification to Barry Admin and he will write a reply in your name, no further effort required.

Dex Sawash

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: zomgmouse on April 27, 2021, 02:56:30 AM
Means you can reply from within the same page instead of loading a new reply page.

Feck me that would be quick!

I'm now ruefully pondering all the time I've wasted in the past by opening a new page. I feel like I have wasted so much of my life that I could have spent curing cancer or something like that.

zomgmouse

there's kilobytes at stake, to be fair

Tony Tony Tony

Using the time saved on discovering this magic button I have now learned how to add a vote thingy.

Enjoy.

chveik

touchingcloth

It doesn't do anything. It's just there for psychological reasons, like the buttons on traffic lights.

steve98

Is there a quick (Or not so quick) way of locating this Quick Reply button? Or is it just a question of waiting till someone eventually reveals the secret?

madhair60

You have to enable it from your Look and Layout settings

I haven't done so because unlike most people on here I actually take time to Think about my posts.

paruses

Quote from: steve98 on April 27, 2021, 07:59:54 AM
Is there a quick (Or not so quick) way of locating this Quick Reply button? Or is it just a question of waiting till someone eventually reveals the secret?

You'll shit brix when you see it

zomgmouse

down the bottom of the page

steve98

O right. Cheers.

EDIT to add. ... There's nothing there (at the bottom.) Forget it: Slow Replies are fine.

Butchers Blind

Just done it. Now feel part of the gang.

BlodwynPig

ah here it is.

what is quick-moderation?

Jasha

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on April 27, 2021, 03:12:26 AM
Using the time saved on discovering this magic button I have now learned how to add a vote thingy.

Enjoy.

Using the time saved on discovering this magic button I have now learned how to cure cancer

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: madhair60 on April 27, 2021, 08:02:26 AM
You have to enable it from your Look and Layout settings

I haven't done so because unlike most people on here I actually take time to Think about my posts.

Ah, got it, thanks. Feeling pretty smug about being part of the Quick Reply Clique now. Being part of the QRC is way more important than thinking about my posts.

Johnny Yesno

Wait a minute, though. I had to use the regular method to make that previous post. Is this, i.e. making posts with laboriously typed BBCode and wailing about the injustice of it all, all quick reply can do? I'm going off it already.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 27, 2021, 08:39:59 AM
what is quick-moderation?

I turned it on in my settings and nothing happened. Perhaps Barry prefers all-in moderation.

Edit: actually, I'm wrong. Some checkboxes appeared on the right hand side of the page at the end of each topic. So what do I do now with this new power?

touchingcloth

The most useful thing about the QRB is being able to see more than just the past 5 posts when writing your reply, which is handy in those threads where you quoting a lot of different posts at once. Quote a whole god damn page if you want.

Tony Tony Tony

idunnosomename

Endicott

Can I introduce you to the concept of having two (or more!) pages open at once?!!

katzenjammer

This is a quick reply test. Testing. Testing

Barry Admin

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 27, 2021, 10:50:46 AM
I turned it on in my settings and nothing happened. Perhaps Barry prefers all-in moderation.

Edit: actually, I'm wrong. Some checkboxes appeared on the right hand side of the page at the end of each topic. So what do I do now with this new power?

Give it a go, it shouldn't do anything and I can check the moderation logs. Slightly surprised those icons show tbh; might be because those who very kindly support the site get the option to update their profile text, and can also edit anything in the (shit and dead) hidden forum.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 27, 2021, 10:50:46 AM

It allows you to select individual threads to mark as read.
Tick one or more, then use pull-down at bottom and only 2 choices I get are 'mark read' and 'nuke this account'

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 27, 2021, 12:33:02 PM
The most useful thing about the QRB is being able to see more than just the past 5 posts when writing your reply, which is handy in those threads where you quoting a lot of different posts at once. Quote a whole god damn page if you want.

Oh, that is good, actually. It pops multiple quoted posts into the same reply. For example...

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 27, 2021, 02:55:37 PM
Give it a go, it shouldn't do anything...

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 27, 2021, 06:07:54 PM
It allows you to select individual threads to mark as read.
Tick one or more, then use pull-down at bottom and only 2 choices I get are 'mark read' and 'nuke this account'

I see. So, I've ticked all the checkboxes and selected 'nuke this account'. What now?