Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:56:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Foster No Lager Leader Soon?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 27, 2021, 07:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Best I can do pun wise. It looks like Arlene Foster may no longer be leader of the DUP soon.

I don't know much about Northern Ireland politics - would that mean she would no longer be able to be first minister either? It also looks like deputy leader Nigel Dodds is facing rumblings.

I know the DUP are very disappointed in the Brexit deal - will they try and blame Foster for that once they remove her to regain support among Protestant communities in Northern Ireland?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56902771

bgmnts

Fostering Resentment
Fosters? Bad Call
DUPieces of Shit
Hot Doddy

jobotic

They'll be replaced by other cunts, much like when Johnson goesbut nice to think of Foster and Dodds feeling miserable.

Was going to say angry but that's their resting emotion.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Who is the next neanderthal* they can shave and shove in a suit? Anyone got some local intel?

*intended for all the DUP not just Foster.

buttgammon

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 27, 2021, 08:39:11 PM
Who is the next neanderthal* they can shave and shove in a suit? Anyone got some local intel?

I love the idea that a party that's full of creationists is also full of actual neanderthals.

Fuck knows who they'll get in though. It's a worrying sign that they're presumably hoping to get someone even more extreme in charge, especially considering the recent unrest in Belfast.

Buelligan

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 27, 2021, 08:39:11 PM

Don't bring Neanderthals into it, poor bastards, they've had a rough trot as it is.

jamiefairlie

Soon to be ex-leader of a dying party, representing a dying demographic, in a dying country, within a dying union.

Happy days.

Wonderful Butternut

steve98

"Aye don' want tu talk about mye pusition, Aye'd rathur talk about Muster Johnsun spendin' fuuffty ate thousund pound aahn a ratten chur: As far as Ay'mm concern'd hum un' hus ratten chur can rat in helll."

AllisonSays

Ah well, at least it gives the English something to feel superior about.

Fambo Number Mive

Not really, given who is in charge in England.

Fambo Number Mive

So Foster will be like Major during the 1995 leadership election for a month, in power but not a party leader?

Wonder who the new DUP leader will be.

JaDanketies

Wow, the cash for ash scandal was 9 years ago! She held on well. Amazing she survived so long.

Oh wait actually she got promoted since that scandal! Shit obviously floats

Wonderful Butternut

The 'fun' part of this, is she's effectively been sacked cos she's a bit left wing for the DUP. What was the straw that broke the camel's back, again? Failing to vote against a ban on gay conversion therapy, wasn't it?

Sure there's Brexit and the NI Protocol and all that shit, but the rest of her buddies were 100% on board with that until it went tits up. She's really gone cos she's the DUP equivalent of a left wing pinko Commie. Can't wait to see what absolute cretin replaces her.

Egyptian Feast

Thick as pigshit twat weighs in, is praised as insightful in the replies, continues to be paid.

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on April 28, 2021, 06:45:55 PM
Thick as pigshit twat weighs in, is praised as insightful in the replies, continues to be paid.

The idea that DUP voters will, under any circumstances whatsoever, "swing" to Sinn Fein just demonstrates how little this clueless cunt knows about Northern Ireland.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on April 27, 2021, 08:45:21 PM
Don't bring Neanderthals into it, poor bastards, they've had a rough trot as it is.

Sorry, Cro-Magnons. The neanderthals were gentle herb cultivators.

Fambo Number Mive

According to the BBC the leadership contenders are:

Sir Jeffrey Donaldson
Edwin Poots
Gavin Robinson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56915407

steve98

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 29, 2021, 10:38:25 AM
POOTS

Yeah (Good only for catchy slogans, like "As far as recovery goes: lets grasp those Green SHOOTS (Of Recovery), with POOTS."

jobotic

Poots is the new Gapes.

Just look at him:

He's a "young earth creationist" who genuinely believes the Earth and everything on it was created 6000 years ago.  But, like the planted dinosaur fossils, I can only assume that his God created his extraordinarily shaped head as a joke.

Pijlstaart

Pretty certain I've seen him on the front-cover of animorphs, perhaps he got stuck transitioning between forms and that's why he now bitterly denies evolution. Love these bizarroworld monsters, love spooky bois, imagine you've been staking out the backroads in your cryptid van for months, hunting for creatures of irish folklore, nothing, and you're about to give up, but on the last night you hear these nasal bellows, something big and distressed is coming your way. Bushes rustle and an unfamiliar silhouette shambles into the moonlight, what the hell is that? Nope, not a clue. You watch in horrified fascination as it lurches off into the gloom. Is it looking for carrion to feed on or can it take larger prey, you wonder, the truth is much sadder, he's the last of his kind, his mournful mating call goes unanswered.

Cold Meat Platter

EOLAN

Not to be too defensive of Peston. But wasn't he suggesting that having a stronger unionist/loyalist evangelical leader of DUP; would lead to a reaction where soft-nationalists or neutrals may be driven more towards Sinn Fein rather than Alliance/SDLP. Though I will agree that he does appear to be pontificating on something he has a very superficial understanding of.

dissolute ocelot

It's a bad sign when the moderate choice used to work for Enoch Powell. (Donaldson.)

I really hope Poots wins. Unless Ian Paisley Jr fancies a pop.

Fambo Number Mive

Now the leader of the UUP, Stephen Aitkin, is understood to be resigning.