Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:20:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Plastic-free and eco-sustainability: What are YOU fucking doing about it EH?

Started by The Mollusk, April 28, 2021, 10:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on April 28, 2021, 09:59:02 PM
I'm intrigued by absorbent period pants - I do own a Mooncup, but it's still in its box gathering dust at the back of my wardrobe. Just can't do it (plus I was still in my twenties when I bought it, and rather confusingly, they recommend the larger size for women who've had children or are over thirty, so maybe it'd get lost in my cavernous thirtysomething vag these days anyway, who knows?). I see lots of ads for these magic pants on social media, which seem far less scary, but then if you read the small print on some of them it says they're only meant for a few hour's use, in which case if you're out and about that's pretty rubbish, unless you don't mind carting round a spare all morning and then a pair of worn, bloody pants all afternoon.

My partner owns some fabric pant liners. They come in different sizes for different levels of flow, and the wings have buttons on the underside do you can tuck them into a bundle to toss in the laundry without covering everything else in disgusting menses and other luteal gunk. They come in fetching ethnic prints, because of course they do.

flotemysost

^ cheers, that sounds useful! And I actually quite like the sound of fetching ethnic prints, nicer than just boring surgical white and stark HERE ARE YOUR WOMB DREGS

Speaking of fetching prints, the flatshare I've recently moved to has a Who Gives A Crap subscription, aside from obviously being more eco friendly I'm quite enjoying the jazzy packaging each roll comes in.

flotemysost

Didn't read the full article but did a Google image search, I imagine having that down your pants all day might be... distracting.

peanutbutter

Quote from: flotemysost on April 28, 2021, 09:59:02 PM
I'm intrigued by absorbent period pants
Can't speak for myself but I've a couple of friends who have raved about these recently. To the point they brought them up to me, like.