Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:43:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is 1966 the newest year?

Started by Replies From View, April 28, 2021, 12:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Trying to work out which year is the newest year, and lo and behold I think it might be 1966

can anyone confirm?

popcorn

1910 is newer than a lot of people realise

Replies From View

popcorn

Well I wouldn't want to speculate.

Captain Z

No, I think they have 1969 now.

Dr Trouser

I keep hearing about 'leap' years, surely they're the newest ones?

Glebe

They think this thread is all over - it is now!

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on April 28, 2021, 01:31:46 PM
No, I think they have 1969 now.

Bryan Adams is always fucking banging on about it, so I'd say it's very likely to exist.

Glebe

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 28, 2021, 06:06:11 PMBryan Adams is always fucking banging on about it, so I'd say it's very likely to exist.

Those were the best days of his life. It was all downhill from there, the hit singles and everything.

wosl

Replies From View

Quote from: wosl on April 28, 2021, 08:27:24 PM

Always been impressed by Justice League moustache removal, and this one is a case in point.

zomgmouse

Ferris

Glebe

1984 is now officially the 'newest year'.

Replies From View

popcorn

Quote from: Glebe on April 29, 2021, 07:39:37 AM
1984 is now officially the 'newest year'.

did 1984 actually happen? a lot of people are confused because it is also a novel.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on April 29, 2021, 12:26:21 PM
did 1984 actually happen? a lot of people are confused because it is also a novel.

no no - it's a vowel, not a novel

people get confused because of the letters

vowel ok?  1984 is a vowel

Glebe

1984 only happened because of Orwell. Otherwise existence would have ended in 1983, the year's wouldn't be knowing what to do with themselves.

Replies From View

there was a year called 1984 as well?  honestly could have sworn it was only a vowel

okay so which is the newest year then of all time

greenman

Who can forget Ridley Scott's infamous advert for the year that was never actually happened?

frajer

Quote from: Glebe on April 29, 2021, 06:05:38 PM
1984 only happened because of Orwell. Otherwise existence would have ended in 1983, the year's wouldn't be knowing what to do with themselves.

Orwell should have bloody thought then because 1984 probably seemed ages away to an old black and white photo like him, but then lo and behold it's New Year's Eve 1983 and panic in the streets.

But oh no all ol' George has to say is "I'll be dead by then, who gives?"

Glebe

Orwell got it so wrong. There were no leg warmers in the book apparently.

Captain Z

Orson Welles "1984" is not only a work of fiction, it is set in the future. It doesn't exist any more than 2001:Space Monkeys exists.

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on April 29, 2021, 06:15:17 PM
Orwell got it so wrong. There were no leg warmers in the book apparently.

Did he actively state that there would be no leg warmers, or just omit them in the same way he omitted lasagne?

Bazooka

You never hear anybody say they were born in 1966 unless they make a mistake, it's a complete red herring.

Replies From View

Quote from: Bazooka on April 29, 2021, 07:22:22 PM
You never hear anybody say they were born in 1966 unless they make a mistake, it's a complete red herring.

Oh, is it a kind of 'tell' that they made a mistake?

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on April 29, 2021, 07:20:04 PMDid he actively state that there would be no leg warmers, or just omit them in the same way he omitted lasagne?

He didn't omit lasagne. There's a plate of lasagne in Room 101 for the rats.

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on April 29, 2021, 08:28:29 PM
He didn't omit lasagne. There's a plate of lasagne in Room 101 for the rats.

quotation pls