Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:40:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Are furries real?

Started by touchingcloth, April 28, 2021, 02:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

Known a couple of furries who were pretty open about it, although I never saw them in costume or whatever.  I think like lots of things it's a spectrum, some just like to dress up, others find the anthromorphism arousing etc etc.

I got the impression that the LOL jokes part of it is a defense mechanism they use when talking about it to the normies.

steve98

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 28, 2021, 10:02:59 PM
The way to tell a genuine furry is to casually mention furries having sex in animal costume and then you'll get a stern, half-hour lecture on how they don't have sex, they feel that part of their spirit is expressed by dressing up as a tiger without eating anyone or humping anything in the slightest. But if you want your laptop fixed, don't antagonise them.

Otherkin are another thing, where people believe they are elves, dolphins, aliens, or inanimate objects, and insist it's just as real as being trans. The difference between otherkin and furries is that furries know they're not actually tigers. Although there's a strong suspicion that otherkin only exist on the internet and in Channel 5 documentaries.

No, they do exist (Sheamus the Merman from Larne)

Jerzy Bondov

I miss the days when we thought the weirdest people on the internet were the furries. Now it's all radicalised boomers

imitationleather

My biggest problem with it is that I think the furry aesthetic looks really bad. I watched a YouTube video where a guy was going on about how much he was spending getting furry artwork commissioned and I just couldn't understand why you'd want to spend huge sums on stuff that looks so ugly.

Blumf

Quote from: imitationleather on April 29, 2021, 11:13:54 AM
My biggest problem with it is that I think the furry aesthetic looks really bad. I watched a YouTube video where a guy was going on about how much he was spending getting furry artwork commissioned and I just couldn't understand why you'd want to spend huge sums on stuff that looks so ugly.

Back when SA did interesting articles:
https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/sex-picture-maker/

Dex Sawash

Not sure if I am happy or upset that ^ wasn't longer