Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does this exist - rtsp timeshifting server software?

Started by Sebastian Cobb, April 28, 2021, 04:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

So I have an online radio stream I listen to most days but sometimes things get in the way of shows etc, so ideally I'd like some sort of caching service that holds about an hour or so of the stream and allows pausing or scrolling back a bit.

I know client-side media players can pause and do stuff, but I'd prefer something as a service that works a bit like iPlayer's radio where it happens regardless of what I have running and I can jump in or out.

I'd probably throw this up on a machine in my network as a docker service. I know that nginx can do rtsp/rtmp stuff and there are plugins to extend it but most of those involve creating content and piping it to it via OBS rather than some relay.

I'm struggling to translate what I'm asking here into a succinct set of phrases to google, I'm sure someone smarter than me has already done the heavy lifting with this. The stream I would like to relay is Icecast if that matters.