Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:34:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Elon Musk to host SNL

Started by Blue Jam, April 28, 2021, 05:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Dusty Substance

I'm sure the richest man in the world is devastated at the backlash and all the hilarious tweets following this announcement.

Blue Jam

No weirder than Boris Johnson hosting HIGNFY now I think about it.

Glebe

Next up: Last Week Tonight with Jeff Bezos.

Bad Ambassador

Bowen Yang has already publicly criticised this.

Blue Jam

Apparently he's installed a chip in Jimmy Fallon's brain.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Blue Jam

I bet he knows loads of good paedo jokes.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on April 28, 2021, 06:19:27 PM
just wish he would die

Didn't Elon tweet something about seeing how live SNL really is? He might be planning to do the ol' Budd Dwyer.

GoblinAhFuckScary

i read the phrase 'elon musk is gnc af'[nb]gender non-conforming as fuck[/nb] the other day and that has caused me harm

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 28, 2021, 06:27:00 PM
Didn't Elon tweet something about seeing how live SNL really is? He might be planning to do the ol' Budd Dwyer.

ooh crossing them fingers lemme see them fingers i wanna see those fingers

Tokyo van Ramming

dissolute ocelot

Past hosts have included John McCain, Steve Forbes, Donald Trump, Peyton Manning, and Jonah Hill. It's pretty much the American equivalent of being voted The Most Completely Useless Person at the Smash Hits Poll Winners Party.

Blue Jam

...or Time's "Person Of The Year"

JaDanketies

I believe that Elon Musk is in an abusive relationship with the lovely and talented Grimes. If anyone wants evidence to back this up, I'm very busy, sorry, but it does exist.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 28, 2021, 05:58:49 PM
No weirder than Boris Johnson hosting HIGNFY now I think about it.
Not so sure on this - Johnson was at least part of the normal group from which HIGNFY drew its panelists. The number of people who aren't famous entertainers / pro athletes who've hosted SNL is incredibly small - the last one I could see was Trump, back in 2015 (and you could say he was a TV entertainer, with The Apprentice, if you were feeling generous). Before that, Al Sharpton in 2003, Rudy Guiliani in 1997 and Steve Forbes in 1996. And they were all politicians of one sort or another - the last person to host who was solely famous for business activities was George Steinbrenner, owner of the New York Yankees, and that was 1990.

Alberon

I genuinely think SpaceX is achieving great things, but I'd be very happy never to hear or see anything of Musk ever again.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: JaDanketies on April 28, 2021, 07:08:46 PM
I believe that Elon Musk is in an abusive relationship with the lovely and talented Grimes. If anyone wants evidence to back this up, I'm very busy, sorry, but it does exist.

I wonder what it was that first attracted Grimes to the multi-billionaire Elon Musk?

JaDanketies

Quote from: Dusty Substance on April 28, 2021, 08:18:29 PM
I wonder what it was that first attracted Grimes to the multi-billionaire Elon Musk?

They shared an esoteric joke on Twitter.

Cuellar

Can't wait for some risque references to smoking weed (420!! LOL!! :D) and maybe cryptocurrency? Perhaps he'll tweet a meme, live!!

GoblinAhFuckScary

i used to live with a man who was the spitting image and voice of musk

scary fucker. used to stand behind me when watching telly, sharpening knives together with unnerving zeal

Blue Jam

Quote from: JaDanketies on April 28, 2021, 08:56:31 PM
They shared an esoteric joke on Twitter.

When you think about it, they're really not unlike Egg Wallace and Wife #4 getting together over a Twitter joke about rhubarb.

evilcommiedictator

"Is that a submarine in my pocket or am I hatching a plan to break Ghislane Maxwell out of prison!"

I would love to do a CaB watch along of the entire SNL episode featuring wacky everyman candidate Donald Trump, lest anyone forget the existence of that surreal abomination.

EOLAN

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on April 29, 2021, 04:05:47 AM
I would love to do a CaB watch along of the entire SNL episode featuring wacky everyman candidate Donald Trump, lest anyone forget the existence of that surreal abomination.

Although the one piece of SNL that has made me properly laugh was when Kate McKinnon sang that Leonard Cohen Alleluia song at the top of the show after Trump won the presidential election.

Ornlu

The guy's annoying, sure, but he's like a panto villain. People on the SNL sub are absolutely frothing about it - at least CaBbers are (mostly) sensible enough to not go as far to wish death or even GBH on yer man.

BritishHobo

Fucking Elon Musk hosting? I hope a stagelight falls off and crushes him to death

idunnosomename

Quote from: Dusty Substance on April 28, 2021, 08:18:29 PM

his dank memes of course!!!

frajer

He was horseplops in Rick & Morty. Flat and stilted cameo as "Elon Tusk", not helped by the show being awkwardly reverential towards him.

Ornlu

Quote from: BritishHobo on April 29, 2021, 11:30:58 AM
Fucking Elon Musk hosting? I hope a stagelight falls off and crushes him to death

Tbf, this would be undoubtedly be funny no matter which Season 46 host it landed on. Even Chappelle!

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Ornlu on April 29, 2021, 11:26:55 AM
The guy's annoying, sure, but he's like a panto villain.

we talking about the same musk? the bloke tied for richest man in the entire world?

nah fuck that