Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:08:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Werther's Originals becoming too expensive to produce.

Started by Bazooka, April 29, 2021, 03:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

The popular butter sweet is not cost effective in its current form, so will now be made from 93% scallops.

Replies From View

Buttermints and butterscotch to be similarly affected

Olivio is apparently the expected replacement at this stage.  I guess we should "watch" this "space", haha!!

Glebe

Rich and creamy and "ungommonly" good... so much so that even Jon Pertwee gifted them to his little grandson!:

Bazooka

Can't even get Werther's on prescription anymore, sign of the times I suppose.

Glebe

Quote from: Bazooka on April 29, 2021, 06:29:12 PMCan't even get Werther's on prescription anymore, sign of the times I suppose.

It's fucking heavy stuff, mate. Stronger than fentanyl, apparently. They use it to drug elephants now. Rich and creamy and ungommonly good!

Replies From View

You do realise this severely dampens our ability to 'down' a pensioner?

Glebe

BREAKING NEWS: Extra supplies of Werthers have been flown in from Germany after some grandpapas heard of the shortage here.

An tSaoi

They're bringing out Werther's Unoriginals, which as the name suggests, is the exact same formula as the original Werthern's Originals. It's like Inception, but ironic, and also entirely unironic too.

Replies From View

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 29, 2021, 08:57:24 PM
They're bringing out Werther's Unoriginals, which as the name suggests, is the exact same formula as the original Werthern's Originals. It's like Inception, but ironic, and also entirely unironic too.

I see, like the 'New Coke' fiasco.