Author Topic: The Nevers (New Joss Whedon series, though he's been fired)  (Read 314 times)

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
The Nevers (New Joss Whedon series, though he's been fired)
« on: April 29, 2021, 08:42:29 PM »
Three episodes of Whedon's new show have now aired on HBO Max, though Whedon was fired back in November so while his involvement was considerable he's no longer attached to the project. I've only watched the first episode so far as I was reluctant to bother with it given that he's credited with directing three of the episodes (https://theweek.com/articles/976289/joss-whedon-problem-haunting-nevers for more on his involvement) but I did enjoy the pilot in the end. It starts terribly and has a really boring opening couple of minutes which is so drab it's almost bizarre, but once there's a "Three years later" time jump it becomes a lot more fun as a bunch of women who have developed mysterious powers are involved in a mystery involving some weird looking bastards who tried to kidnap a young girl. The cast are all strong, it looks great and the world building is impressive, though whether it's worth a show becoming involved in when it's future is questionable is question that like many I don't have the answer to.

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upph√§ngningspunkterna
Re: The Nevers (New Joss Whedon series, though he's been fired)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 12:06:02 AM »
I really liked this but only watched E1 so far. The Irish one has charmed the <insert something Duke DeMondo would say> off me.

Tags: