Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a pest now, Noel Clarke?

Started by Custard, April 29, 2021, 09:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

I've always felt he's a bit of a cunt, but mostly because he seemed hyper-career focused whereas I'm not, so probably just jealousy on my part.

A quick Google of his name and the word 'cunt' proves I was right to be suspicious.

Edit:
Clarke denies he slapped Seltveit's backside and said he did not recall sending her an unsolicited picture of his penis. His lawyers said it was "highly unlikely" that Clarke would have shared such an image.
Yeah that's bad.  Not an outright denial.  He's fucked.

jobotic

I thought you the new BBC management appointed by the government were meant to challenge these sort of trendy woke attacks on freedom of speech.

Vote Fox

Natnar

Quote from: Rev+ on April 30, 2021, 12:29:59 AM

It is of course important to remember that he's not been proven guilty of anything.  On the other hand, that many accusations?  Yeah, get fucked Mickey.

The alternative is that these journalists have managed to find 20 women he's pissed off and persuaded them to say he abused them which is very unlikely.

I find it interesting that the article was published barely 90 minutes before Viewpoint aired on ITV. There was a glowing review of Viewpoint in The Guardian praising Noel just a couple of days ago. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/apr/26/viewpoint-review-noel-clarke-excels-in-rear-window-inspired-thriller

idunnosomename

Let's not sit here and argue about who sent unsolicited pictures of their penis to who!

Bernice

QuoteReached for comment, Clarke said he "couldn't recall that particular genital."

Sonny_Jim

Exactly how many dick pics was he sending that caused him to not remember if he'd done so or not?

frajer

Yeah that line sounds particularly weak.

"Did you send an unwanted picture of your erect penis to that woman?"
"I can't remember doing it... so presumably I did not. All good?"

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

In cases like this, does the defendant's genitalia have to be produced in court to check whether they match the photos? I'm not being flippant here, I genuinely wonder how the pics are verified.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: frajer on April 30, 2021, 09:07:41 AM
Yeah that line sounds particularly weak.
To me it's fairly obvious that he did send the pic because otherwise they'd flat out deny it.  If he says 'Nope, didn't do it' and they pull out a picture of his donger he's completely fucked.  This way he can 'deny' it, yet cover his ass if anything turns up.

Endicott

So, suddenly everything on the BBC and in the Guardian is to be treated as gospel now? Righto.

Jasha

Edmunds
Clarke
Hope Fielding bucks the trend for cunt Neols

idunnosomename

If they continue to deny it's theirs i cant see why they couldnt have a medical examination for an expert witness (penis doctor) to testify. And if they refuse to have the examination it doesnt help the case for the defence.

The Dog

Quote from: Jasha on April 30, 2021, 09:22:20 AM
Edmunds
Clarke
Hope Fielding bucks the trend for cunt Neols

One of the Gallaghers is called Noel. Not sure which one.

Blue Jam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 29, 2021, 11:48:59 PM
There's a clip going around of Noel Clarke talking about Barrowman's harassy behaviour on set, all in a light-hearted manner of course https://twitter.com/The66Ramblers/status/1140999393274814464

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Barrowman liked walking around the Doctor Who sets with his knob out. I always thought there was something a bit disturbing about the way people joked about it as if it was just an eccentric little quirk of his, joking about a man essentially committing a sex offence on a kid's show and getting away with it because of his star status.

JB, soon-to-be Disgraced Wankbeast?

jobotic

Can't they use phone records to see if he sent the photo rather than map the contours of his pinger?

Doesn't even matter if it was his penis in the photo, just whether or not he sent it.

Chollis

Quote from: Rev+ on April 30, 2021, 12:29:59 AM
It is of course important to remember that he's not been proven guilty of anything. 

exactly. the rule of 21 applies here I think

20 accusers? probably nothing

21? possibly something

Norton Canes

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 30, 2021, 09:11:36 AM
In cases like this, does the defendant's genitalia have to be produced in court to check whether they match the photos? I'm not being flippant here, I genuinely wonder how the pics are verified

It won't stand up in court etc.

Blinder Data

writing gratuitous sex scenes that your character features in is the sign of a wrong'un. I'm sure someone on here linked to a scene from one of his films in which a character refers to how big his character's knob is for no reason? pathetic behaviour, Mickey

Kankurette

Twenty women? That's an awful lot of lying bitches trying to ruin an innocent man's career. Wonder how many victims it takes for people to believe them.

idunnosomename

Quote from: jobotic on April 30, 2021, 09:34:35 AM
Can't they use phone records to see if he sent the photo rather than map the contours of his pinger?

Doesn't even matter if it was his penis in the photo, just whether or not he sent it.
narrows it down though. If it was his penis, how would someone else have got hold of it to send it?

lipsink

Do you reckon this and Barrowman is what Eccles was referring to when he said a toxic environment on Series 1 of NuWho? I always assumed it was a director but it could be that too.

RTD might have some stuff to answer for if more comes out.

Thomas

If JB faces repercussions, I suspect Christopher Eccleston will speak more clearly about why he left the show. He's indicated before that he can't stand the man.

Quote from: lipsink on April 30, 2021, 10:25:00 AM
Do you reckon this and Barrowman is what Eccles was referring to when he said a toxic environment on Series 1 of NuWho? I always assumed it was a director but it could be that too.

RTD might have some stuff to answer for if more comes out.

Reading between the various lines Eccleston has given over the years, I think he might have deplored the onset culture (handily demonstrated by Noel Clarke in the above clip) that accommodated Barrowman's behaviour - perhaps including the higher-ups you mention. Eccleston seemed to adore RTD before signing up, and had worked with him previously. Not a friendly peep since.

Of course, since Eccles is such a serious professional, there might have been other factors (like the bullying director I believe he's vaguely mentioned), but it's difficult not to infer that Barrowman had something to do with it.

QuoteAsked if Davies was aware of the issues, Eccleston says, "If you're the showrunner, you know everything. That's your job," adding that he "never will have" a working relationship with the screenwriter again.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/doctor-who-christopher-eccleston-russell-t-davies/

druss

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on April 30, 2021, 09:20:02 AM
To me it's fairly obvious that he did send the pic because otherwise they'd flat out deny it.  If he says 'Nope, didn't do it' and they pull out a picture of his donger he's completely fucked.  This way he can 'deny' it, yet cover his ass if anything turns up.
Yeah, this way if they pull out a picture of his donger he'll be fine.

Jerzy Bondov

I was halfway through watching the first episode of Viewpoint last night when I noticed this story. I was quite enjoying it and all. Thanks Noel for ruining my enjoyment of your ITV crime drama with your wandering hands and penis etc.

druss

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 29, 2021, 11:48:59 PM
There's a clip going around of Noel Clarke talking about Barrowman's harassy behaviour on set, all in a light-hearted manner of course https://twitter.com/The66Ramblers/status/1140999393274814464
The most disturbing thing about this is how unfunny he is.

Blue Jam

Quote from: lipsink on April 30, 2021, 10:25:00 AM
Do you reckon this and Barrowman is what Eccles was referring to when he said a toxic environment on Series 1 of NuWho?

To be fair I think Ecclescake has struggled to get on with everyone he's ever worked with.

Not that that means we've got a "boy who cried wolf" situation here of course. Personality clash or no, if he's witnessed anything he should be listened to.

JaDanketies

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 30, 2021, 09:22:36 AM
If they continue to deny it's theirs i cant see why they couldnt have a medical examination for an expert witness (penis doctor) to testify. And if they refuse to have the examination it doesnt help the case for the defence.

I'd suspect that you would not really have any alternative than to submit to an examination. I recall Michael Jackson had his penis examined in preparation for court. That's how he came up with the concept for "They Don't Really Care About Us." They'd slap some extra charge on you if you kicked up a fuss about it, preventing the course of justice or something.

Always liked this guy. Probably will never finish the Kidulthood trilogy now.

katzenjammer

Quote from: druss on April 30, 2021, 10:44:55 AM
The most disturbing thing about this is how unfunny he is.

Painful wasn't it? Kept labouring the same 'gag' that only got an embarrassed titter from the audience the first time