Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:24:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a pest now, Noel Clarke?

Started by Custard, April 29, 2021, 09:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

Quote from: frajer on May 07, 2021, 02:39:51 PM
His recent video Q&A for Big Finish, where he answers that his main (but not sole) reason for coming back was it was paid work in a pandemic, and he needed to support his family, was refreshingly upfront.

Ah, just watched that. He's a good egg, ain't he? I know people found his attempts at playing 'wacky' fell flat but I just loved his portrayal of the Doctor and the chemistry between Eccles and Piper was an absolute joy. Will have to listen to his Big Finish stuff.

Ferris

Well this has absolutely ruined the worst seasons of doctor who for me.

Jake Thingray

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 07, 2021, 02:47:05 PM
This is true, but nobody really had him down as a massive child abuser did they? The rumour was that he shagged corpses - all that "has a key for the hospital mortuary" stuff.

Have said this before about Savile, but Lynn Barber's early 90's interview in the Independent on Sunday where she openly asked him about rumours that he was "into little girls" was an eye-opener for many, at the time.

Ambient Sheep

Heh, I remember reading that article at the time and thinking "Hah, she's got it wrong, it's corpses he likes, not little girls."

Oh well.

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 07, 2021, 07:18:06 PM
Heh, I remember reading that article at the time and thinking "Hah, she's got it wrong, it's corpses he likes, not little girls."

Oh well.

The average age of his sexual conquests was 42, so he can't be all bad.

JaDanketies

Louis Theroux also danced around the topic of whether or not Savile was a pedophile in his When Louis Meets... series.

QuoteLouis Theroux : So, why do you say in interviews that you hate children when I've seen you with kids and you clearly enjoy their company and you have a good rapport with them?

Jimmy Savile : Right, obviously I don't hate 'em. That's number one.

Louis Theroux : Yeah. So why would you say that then?

Jimmy Savile : Because we live in a very funny world. And it's easier for me, as a single man, to say "I don't like children" because that puts a lot of salacious tabloid people off the hunt.

Louis Theroux : Are you basically saying that so tabloids don't, you know, pursue this whole 'Is he/isn't he a paedophile?' line, basically?

Jimmy Savile : Yes, yes, yes. Oh, aye. How do they know whether I am or not? How does anybody know whether I am? Nobody knows whether I am or not. I know I'm not, so I can tell you from experience that the easy way of doing it when they're saying "Oh, you have all them children on Jim'll Fix It", say "Yeah, I hate 'em."

Louis Theroux : Yeah. To me that sounds more, sort of, suspicious in a way though, because it seems so implausible.

Jimmy Savile : Well, that's my policy, that's the way it goes. That's what I do. And it's worked a dream.

Louis Theroux : Has it worked?

Jimmy Savile : A dream.

jobotic

Savile implying that raping children would be an act of affection.

He was a bad 'un.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 07, 2021, 01:08:39 PM
Is this the first we've heard of there being an official complaint about Barrowman's "tomfoolery", and that he was reprimanded by Julie Gardner? He mentions the whole radio controversy as being a wake-up call for him, and that following his apology in 2008, he learned from his 'mistakes' and stopped doing it.

He did it again, on radio, in 2012.

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/star-exposes-himself-on-radio-1-show-6929615.html

Edited to add:

Interesting take on it by The Guardian and most of its readers back in the dark days of 08.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/organgrinder/2008/dec/02/bbc-radio-john-barrowman

Kankurette

JamesTC

Barrowman GONE from some spin off immersive play thing

batwings

frajer

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: JamesTC on May 11, 2021, 09:19:44 PM
Barrowman GONE from some spin off immersive play thing

yes because Torchwood fans have never been disappointed before

JamesTC

BarrowGONE Mk.2
Quote from: Big FinishBig Finish has taken the decision to remove Torchwood: Absent Friends from the monthly range release schedule and has no plans to publish this title at this time

That was a high profile release with David Tennant in. I'm thinking that the decision to remove this from the schedule will have not come directly from Big Finish but from somebody higher up.

JamesTC

Alberon

It all seems mighty hypocritical, not because Barrowman's actions are acceptable, but because just about all of this has been known for years.

He was rumoured to be appearing in the shortened upcoming series of Doctor Who, but that has to be in jeopardy now as well.

Who else has a known reputation for getting their knob out, but hasn't yet been cancelled?

mothman

Butchers Blind

JaDanketies

Ron Jeremy

Edit- Wow he's facing 330 years in jail at the moment. Still not cancelled tho

JamesTC

Pauline Walnuts

neveragain

According to the Mirror, five more accused sex pests will be unveiled soon. Two comics, two TV personalities and an actor.

Bronzy

Quote from: neveragain on May 20, 2021, 06:03:48 PM
According to the Mirror, five more accused sex pests will be unveiled soon. Two comics, two TV personalities and an actor.

And a partridge in a pear tree!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Bronzy on May 20, 2021, 06:06:25 PM
And a partridge in a pear tree!

One of them had better not be Steve Coogan.

Natnar

Del Boy falls through the prison bars?

jobotic

Ta-da!