Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a pest now, Noel Clarke?

Started by Custard, April 29, 2021, 09:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

Deliberately showing your cock to non-consenting people is surely indecent exposure and he should be prosecuted appropriately.

mothman

Quote from: An tSaoi on July 18, 2021, 02:21:14 PM
Shower scene in Starship Troopers. The camerman too I think.
Quote from: H-O-W-L on July 18, 2021, 02:21:26 PM
It wasn't a sex scene, it was the shower scene in Starship Troopers, basically a fuckload of actors in a co-ed shower. Apparently the cast challenged him to do it in solidarity.

Well there you go.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 18, 2021, 02:50:36 PM
Well, Barrowman did get away with it and subsequently was very publically outed as a tedious exhibitionist 'who doesn't know where to draw the line' by Noel Clarke at a Sci-Fi convention in 2015. Why wasn't he supposedly 'cancelled' back then?

Yes, why did nothing come of a black man accusing a white man of doing something wrong? ;-)

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Neomod on July 18, 2021, 11:36:35 AM
Can't stand Barrowman. The sort of prick who imposes his ebullient[nb]with a hint of darkness[/nb] personality on the group as he conciously ignores their wearied expressions.

It sounds like Noel Furlong but with cocks out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk_-E2eBrrQ

Hat FM

Is this was ten years ago Noel Clarke would be back on tv in less than a year on a reality show telling his fellow z-listers that he is 'a changed man'. will this no longer be the case. we'll soon (in the next two years) find out.

Butchers Blind

If he's lucky, a non-recurring role in Hollyoaks.

mothman

I'm not sure there's any crime which fits THAT punishment!

JamesTC

Hat FM

Love to see him getting dressed down by that posh twat while being introduced on celeb pointless.

Custard

It's interesting, isn't it? Do "cancelled" people actually stay cancelled, or can they eventually worm their way back in somehow?

I mean, Kevin Spacey is currently filming his first film in years. The sheer gall of it, yet there's seemingly still some arseholes in the biz who'll work with him

And of course Louis CK is still trying his hardest to get back. It's mad, but they're trying

Alberon

Taking Clarke as an example if he kept his head down for a year or so and then could give a convincing display of contrition and change he might be able to resurrect some of his career.

Barrowman should still be keeping his head down for the next few months and just hope he hasn't been edited out of the next Doctor Who series.

Some people have no chance. The widespread revulsion at Spacey getting any sort of work shows he'll probably never work consistently again.

I am interested in what some permanently cancelled people do with the rest of their lives. What is Joss Whedon going to do? Or the even younger Max Landis?

Maybe Bill Baggs could use them. Colonel John and Nicky vs. the Raleks.

mothman

Quote from: Alberon on July 19, 2021, 08:54:07 PM
Taking Clarke as an example if he kept his head down for a year or so and then could give a convincing display of contrition and change he might be able to resurrect some of his career.

Barrowman should still be keeping his head down for the next few months and just hope he hasn't been edited out of the next Doctor Who series.

Some people have no chance. The widespread revulsion at Spacey getting any sort of work shows he'll probably never work consistently again.

I am interested in what some permanently cancelled people do with the rest of their lives. What is Joss Whedon going to do? Or the even younger Max Landis?

Chris Langham?

Alberon

Yes! He's done one or two minor pieces of acting, but what does he do the majority of his time?

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Alberon on July 19, 2021, 09:12:13 PM
Yes! He's done one or two minor pieces of acting, but what does he do the majority of his time?

I saw him at the National Theatre (in the audience, not in the play) about 10 years ago, so going to the theatre is obviously something he does.

Would Chris Langham have made enough money in his career not to have to worry about working again? I suppose there's always residuals from The Muppet Show.

Brundle-Fly

For a lot of these people, they lay low for a bit and later just work behind the scenes in the TV/ movie industry. For some minor disgraced TV stars, they can slip back into obscurity very quickly and start their lives again. Most people don't know or care in the real world anyway. 

steve98

Has there ever been a celeb who professed a sexual desire for children but never acted on that desire, and still had a career? A non-active nonce?

Quote from: steve98 on July 20, 2021, 06:48:18 AM
Has there ever been a celeb who professed a sexual desire for children but never acted on that desire, and still had a career? A non-active nonce?

Pete Townshend and his near miss with his "book"?

willbo

Natnar

Quote from: Shameless Custard on July 19, 2021, 08:45:43 PM
It's interesting, isn't it? Do "cancelled" people actually stay cancelled, or can they eventually worm their way back in somehow?

I mean, Kevin Spacey is currently filming his first film in years. The sheer gall of it, yet there's seemingly still some arseholes in the biz who'll work with him

And of course Louis CK is still trying his hardest to get back. It's mad, but they're trying

Wasn't Judi Dench defending Spacey at one point?

Paul Calf

The ever-fragrant Hatie:

QuoteIn the video, Ms Hopkins said she planned to "lie in wait" for workers to deliver food to her room so she could open the door "naked with no face mask".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57883692

She's being deported, but surely she should be prosecuted as a sex offender?

daf

I'd be amazed if he's still in it - he's already been removed from the Time Fracture experience, and also a Big Finish Torchwood story was pulled.

willbo

Quote from: daf on July 20, 2021, 09:21:06 AM
I'd be amazed if he's still in it - he's already been removed from the Time Fracture experience, and also a Big Finish Torchwood story was pulled.

not the only thing of his being "pulled" from what I heard (oo er)

Pauline Walnuts

That would involve having some acting skills. lol.

Hat FM

maybe clarke will have made amends in time to make retirementhood?

Custard

Maybe all the cancelled actors can get together and make their own show? Filmed on a phone. On YouTube.

I think it was Gary Old-man who tried to defend Spacey. Beggars belief

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: steve98 on July 20, 2021, 06:48:18 AM

A snippet of Danny Baker's review of Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart's autobiography.

Naturally, every page is soaked in this vile trite bilge. (Notably though, for an ex-pirate radio DJ and BBC pop picker throughout the most tumultuous times in youth culture not a single mention of any meetings with pop stars at all) However, it is in his love life that we are given the most pause.

"I met my wife when she was 13, in 1970..." P.146 (He was 34 at this point)

"...my wife started on my stomach – and nothing else! – when she was 13..." P.147

"I arrived (at her parents) at 7 pm and was greeted at the door by what I can only describe as a 13-year-old apparition! She was simply stunning." (P147)

"...(the following year, so 14 now) I travelled to Italy to see her. I had just split from Eve Graham of The New Seekers and so, as the song goes, I was "Free Again"! P153

He marries the poor girl when she is 17. Elsewhere –

"We played a charity football match at a girls' school in Lingfield. After the match, we visited some of the boarders, who were mostly epileptic. The pupils had just reached puberty and the girls wouldn't let us out of the dormitory. We had to be rescued by the staff!"     (P 177)

Jesus.

Custard

Bleauurrrgghhh!

And here he is with said girlfriend. I think she's the one smiling

https://i.prcdn.co/img?regionKey=jjOY2lJLmM3xXhnGRWy3ng%3D%3D

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 18, 2021, 12:53:46 PM

Yes, and the kind of people who deny mental illness is real seem quite content with it being used as an excuse for bad behaviour when it's someone on "their" side. Although with the Mail interview it's been refreshing to see most of the commenters not buying it and calling him out.

"I'm in therapy" does also seem like a standard line wrong 'uns use when they get caught and are trying to convince people they're being magically reformed. Isn't Clarke "in therapy" too?

I thought that Barrowman quote (basically the one about people should be careful of his mental health) was questionable too.  Of course we should be considerate of everybody's mental health, but calling someone to account for bad behaviour doesn't equate to an attack.  I wonder if he had an in-depth view of the mental state of all the cast and crew he got his penis out in front of...can see that there would be a large number of reasons why that might upset someone.  Or is it only the mental health of the famous that JB thinks is important?

Looked at my old Popbitch emails, this from 2017: John Barrowman's big party trick? Cutting birthday cakes with his cock.

That's just plain unhygienic.

And this from another Popbitch email:

Those who have had the pleasure of Barrowman's intimate company tell us that he is forever getting his pecker out and flashing it about. But it's not just the odd bit of willy-waving. He has it do party tricks too.

There was the time he used his erection to cut a birthday cake, for example (not into particularly neat slices, it must be said). Or the time he had it do a rather graphic impression of Spider-Man onto his breakfast bar for the amusement of friends.

The Spider-Man bit baffles me.  The only thing I can think of is really really unhygienic...surely not...

Mister Six