Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:23:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a pest now, Noel Clarke?

Started by Custard, April 29, 2021, 09:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 30, 2021, 09:11:36 AM
I'm not being flippant here, I genuinely wonder how the pics are verified.

I bet you do, you dirty old bollocks.

robhug

He's needs to release a statement saying he's living his life as a gay black man asap to take the sting out

Quote from: katzenjammer on April 30, 2021, 11:12:18 AM
Painful wasn't it? Kept labouring the same 'gag' that only got an embarrassed titter from the audience the first time

I'm sure I remember a comedian(s) doing that bit with the microphone way back, seems like something Eddie Murphy might have done in the 80's.

Butchers Blind

So what happens now? Are the police going to investigate?

JaDanketies

He apparently secretly recorded a naked audition with Jahannah James. Here's him doing a 'prank' on her that involves him shouting at her to "get your fanny out and pee on him."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oofel1E_1B8

QuotePowell says Clarke once showed her a secretly recorded video of one such audition with Jahannah James, an actor in Brotherhood. Powell told four people about Clarke's alleged secret filming, all of whom confirmed the conversation to the Guardian. They include James, her friend, whom she told about the incident in the winter of 2017, in a pub in south London. The naked audition had taken place more than four years previously, for the film Legacy. Powell was able to describe the exact haircut James had at that time – her hair is usually long and blond, but after a "hair disaster" she had cropped it short and returned to her natural brown.

James recalls Clarke had talked her into auditioning for the role. She had been hesitant. She was only 23 and fresh out of drama school. But Clarke persuaded her, explaining that the naked audition wouldn't be filmed; an email from her agent confirmed this agreement. "I was told 100% it was not going to be on camera," James says. As she understood it, the naked audition was purely to check she could do the scene and wasn't going to "bottle it" on the day.

The audition was mortifying, James recalls, and afterwards she pulled out of the running for the role; she didn't want one of her first acting jobs to be nude. The Guardian spoke to two friends of Powell and James who were also present in the pub that day and recalled the emotional exchange. "I was so upset," James recalls. "Now, years later, I still cry when I talk about it."

MojoJojo

Sorry to post stuff from reddit but this caught me off guard:

beanheadmcginty

In Ireland, "Mickey" is a slang term for penis. Case closed.

Natnar

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 30, 2021, 11:25:10 AM
So what happens now? Are the police going to investigate?

I wouldn't be surprised if sues the Guardian. He seems the controlling sort who will try and get back at the women who are accusing him in some way.

Custard

The Guardian piece is pretty shocking and very damning. How can he possibly wave away the complaints of twenty women? He's done. Can't imagine his marriage is much longer for this world either, unless his wife (and mother of his three kids) is fine with "Noel being Noel"

What a turd

neveragain

Quote from: JaDanketies on April 30, 2021, 11:30:03 AM
He apparently secretly recorded a naked audition with Jahannah James. Here's him doing a 'prank' on her that involves him shouting at her to "get your fanny out and pee on him."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oofel1E_1B8

If that's real it's absolutely horrifying. As it progressed I was praying that she was in on it.

Mr Trumpet

Quote from: Natnar on April 30, 2021, 12:16:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if sues the Guardian. He seems the controlling sort who will try and get back at the women who are accusing him in some way.

That would be fantastically unwise of him. My partner is a journo who's done exposés of a similar nature, and you don't print a story like this unless you (and your legal team) are 100% confident in it.

lipsink

Quote from: neveragain on April 30, 2021, 12:24:36 PM
If that's real it's absolutely horrifying. As it progressed I was praying that she was in on it.

I'm pretty sure it's not real. It just looks too 'acted'.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on April 30, 2021, 12:30:42 PM
That would be fantastically unwise of him. My partner is a journo who's done exposés of a similar nature, and you don't print a story like this unless you (and your legal team) are 100% confident in it.
I think he's more likely to go the Spacey route of issuing an apology and absolutely no one thinking it's sincere.

Chairman Yang

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on April 30, 2021, 12:35:39 PM
I think he's more likely to go the Spacey route of issuing an apology and absolutely no one thinking it's sincere.

And every Christmas afterwards we get an in-character Youtube video of Mickey Doctorwho railing against cancel culture.

Natnar

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on April 30, 2021, 12:30:42 PM

I suppose it just depends if the Police end up getting involved.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Natnar on April 30, 2021, 12:50:37 PM
I suppose it just depends if the Police end up getting involved.

It would have to be malicious lies for it to be worth suing. Yer Formula One fella Max Mosley sued the Sun for the Nazi spanking dungeon story and won, and it still led to plenty of further lurid details getting exposed in the press.

Natnar

Would the Journalists who broke the story be legally bound to report Noel to the police?

idunnosomename

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 29, 2021, 11:48:59 PM
There's a clip going around of Noel Clarke talking about Barrowman's harassy behaviour on set, all in a light-hearted manner of course https://twitter.com/The66Ramblers/status/1140999393274814464
legend

JaDanketies

Quote from: Natnar on April 30, 2021, 01:21:44 PM
Would the Journalists who broke the story be legally bound to report Noel to the police?

From my vague recollections of a Media Law course I took ten years ago - no. But I'm sure there's someone more knowledgeable than me out there. I would think the duty to protect sources would mean that you didn't necessarily have to report everything to the police, as you might put sources in danger by doing so. Even if the criminal justice system put pressure on you to reveal your info to the police, the NUJ would fight your corner, and it would probably be a big scandal if you actually did get into serious trouble.

There's loads of VICE Media content where they talk to criminals; loads of the best docos end up talking to some criminal with a mask on and their voice altered.

frajer

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 29, 2021, 11:48:59 PM
There's a clip going around of Noel Clarke talking about Barrowman's harassy behaviour on set, all in a light-hearted manner of course https://twitter.com/The66Ramblers/status/1140999393274814464

Ugh. Clarke holding court like every pub boor trying to show off to a crowd.

"Imagine that eh? A cock in your face, on your shoulder. Yeah? You picturing it? Here, I'll show ya. Haha look at that. There's a cock on your shoulder, Camille! Haha. Eh? Nah nah it can't be offensive, the cock I'm pretending is on your shoulder is gay."

neveragain

Quote from: lipsink on April 30, 2021, 12:34:20 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not real. It just looks too 'acted'.

I'm glad you said that, the thought had crossed my mind.

SpiderChrist

filth gabs

Has everyone on this board seen Bob Mortimer on RHLSTP?

He tells a story regarding Keith Allen that i cannot believe has not been picked up on.

I am being a bit careful here as I dont want to bring repurcussions to the Admin, but seeing as Mortimer is a trained solicitor I think there is more to his story than a bit of comedy Bantz. He doesnt seem to like the guy, even if he doesnt fully condemn him.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on April 30, 2021, 01:40:36 PM
Noel Gallagher.
Ah that's the one.  Had me stumped for ages, I resisted the temptation to Google the answer and all.  Seems so obvious when you think about it.

Gurke and Hare

Isn't Keith Allen fairly well known as a get-your-knob-out bantz merchantcunt?

Sebastian Cobb

I've heard rumours about Moby doing that as well. Obvs there's other stories about him being creepy too.

Bronzy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 30, 2021, 02:56:09 PM
I've heard rumours about Moby doing that as well. Obvs there's other stories about him being creepy too.

I've heard he's a bit of a dick.