Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oxide Shackleton RIP

Started by Scarlet Intangible, April 30, 2021, 10:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just heard about this. Had a tiny stroke that got bigger. One of the good ones he was. Always used to listen to his Experimental Vomiting Hour with my Grandparents when I was young. Fond memories. He really was one of the stretchiest performers, even towards the end. Always changing. Always evolving.

Anyone see his (short-lived) Youtube series - Unfasten My Skin You Bastards - where he would get kids to chase him round a graveyard with scissors? He was bloody good in that. Never got caught. In fact it was the kids who suffered the most damage, the clumsy twats. Anyway - RIP you legend. Give an angel a slap for all of us stuck down here.

Replies From View

They said he could absorb stationery into his turns of skin so comprehensively that he could have performed as a desk tidy for his entire life if he hadn't needed a profitable career instead.

And that's the tragedy of it isn't it? How many great stapler absorbers have we lost to 'traditional careers'? In a just world he could have made a good living from loitering round desks, instead of having to perform like a seal for easily-amused idiots like me. Having said that, I've enjoyed the arse off his back catalogue... and for that, I am grateful.

Glebe

Sad news. 206 is no age. "Oxide on the 'ead!", ha, classic!

One of my chunkiest memories is bumping into him at the Yorkshire Scaffold Centre. I said "Excuse me are you..." and he nodded at me ten times and then shook my tie like a hand. He was such a goofy funster, even off duty. A lot of people (mostly women, tut) have called him a sleaze-sack, but that's the opposite of my impression. He was an un-sleazy breezy geezer.

Before we parted in the scaff cent, he said to me "You are looking as lovely as a mollusk's whiskers." Then he clambered up a ladder and started doing a strip-tease on the scaffold. The last thing I saw was security, armed with fishing nets, shaking the scaffold to get him to fall... Completely misunderstood. A veritable maverick.

Quote from: Glebe on April 30, 2021, 06:09:04 PM
206 is no age.

And yet he could still sprint like a toddler on ecstasy.

Glebe