Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:08:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Teenage Fanclub LP

Started by holyzombiejesus, April 30, 2021, 11:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Fucking awful. Don't know why I expected anything better. So so bad.

Every single song sounds like one of those where there's an exodus to the bar if they played it live.

DrGreggles

Only listened to it once, but it sounded fine to me.
Very much from the same mould as Here.

PaulTMA

Think it's their best album

Seedsy

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 30, 2021, 11:15:40 PM
Fucking awful. Don't know why I expected anything better. So so bad.

Every single song sounds like one of those where there's an exodus to the bar if they played it live.

I have to agree, it sounds so fucking boring. The guitars have no bite to them. The songs have no zip.

I love teenage fanclub but I think their last great album was howdy, 21 years ago
Plus, it's not the same without  Gerry

lazyhour

Howdy is one of my all-time favourite Fannies albums. Really underrated record. Was it the follow up to Songs From? They were on fire then!

Seedsy

It was, from bandwagon all the way to howdy is some strike rate. (I don't mind thirteen either)

DrGreggles

I think this is their weakest album (on first listen anyway), but that run of Creation albums was absurdly good. Barely a dud track across 5 records.
A b-sides compilation from that era would piss all over most bands' best work.

I wonder if Euros will be integrated into the songwriting. The biggest issue I have with Endless Arcade is that, with only Norman and Raymond songs included, it lacks the variety that previous albums had.

scarecrow

I don't think it sounds like they put much thought into the arrangements on this and the previous album - the songs sort of just chug along. I still like them, however.

Golden E. Pump

None of the songs have any urgency. It's like an overcast Sunday afternoon walk to the local shop to buy bin-liners.