Author Topic: New Teenage Fanclub LP  (Read 639 times)

New Teenage Fanclub LP
« on: April 30, 2021, 11:15:40 PM »
Fucking awful. Don't know why I expected anything better. So so bad.

Every single song sounds like one of those where there's an exodus to the bar if they played it live.

Re: New Teenage Fanclub LP
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 11:50:40 PM »
Only listened to it once, but it sounded fine to me.
Very much from the same mould as Here.

PaulTMA

• nu avatar and personal text evry coupla weeks
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 12:16:21 PM »
Think it’s their best album

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 07:32:09 AM »
Fucking awful. Don't know why I expected anything better. So so bad.

Every single song sounds like one of those where there's an exodus to the bar if they played it live.

I have to agree, it sounds so fucking boring. The guitars have no bite to them. The songs have no zip.

I love teenage fanclub but I think their last great album was howdy, 21 years ago
Plus, it's not the same without  Gerry

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 10:06:38 AM »
Howdy is one of my all-time favourite Fannies albums. Really underrated record. Was it the follow up to Songs From? They were on fire then!

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 10:45:17 AM »
It was, from bandwagon all the way to howdy is some strike rate. (I don't mind thirteen either)

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 12:33:03 PM »
I think this is their weakest album (on first listen anyway), but that run of Creation albums was absurdly good. Barely a dud track across 5 records.
A b-sides compilation from that era would piss all over most bands' best work.

I wonder if Euros will be integrated into the songwriting. The biggest issue I have with Endless Arcade is that, with only Norman and Raymond songs included, it lacks the variety that previous albums had.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 01:44:46 AM »
I don't think it sounds like they put much thought into the arrangements on this and the previous album - the songs sort of just chug along. I still like them, however.

Golden E. Pump

• Basically Morris Day.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 02:28:35 PM »
None of the songs have any urgency. It's like an overcast Sunday afternoon walk to the local shop to buy bin-liners.

Tags: