Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:14:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vaccines "unneccessary"

Started by steve98, April 30, 2021, 11:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve98

Kenyan Doctor who opposed C19 vaccinations, saying they were "totally unnecessary", dies of... can you guess?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-56922517

imitationleather

bgmnts

An anti-vaccine doctor is just funny in itself.

But fuck me him dying of covid is the funniest thing that's come out of this crisis.

Quote from: bgmnts on April 30, 2021, 11:34:03 PM

But fuck me him dying of covid is the funniest thing that's come out of this crisis.

And you wonder why we don't get more anti-vaccine Kenyan doctors posting here.

JamesTC

Quote from: steve98 on April 30, 2021, 11:23:00 PM
Kenyan Doctor who opposed C19 vaccinations, saying they were "totally unnecessary", dies of... can you guess?

Slipped on a Babybel and landed in a vat of acid.

Ferris

Gone too soon, and with so much good work left to do.

jobotic

mothman

Mad Vaxx: Beyond Thunderdome.

Quote from: bgmnts on April 30, 2021, 11:34:03 PM

I'm sure you must be really popular in your offline life.

It says he died of 'COVID-19 related complications.' He doesn't look that old so he probably had some underlying health issues and COVID was the straw that broke the camel's back, as is the case in many COVID deaths. But it serves as great propaganda and a nice 'feel good' story for mean spirited turds.

It should be established how many people who died from COVID-19 were below the age of 60 and were in a good state of health. I'd imagine the figures will be relatively low.

jobotic

Underlying conditions you say?

Oh Well, fuck him then. Fuck all of those weak bastards eh?

The only turd here is you.

flotemysost

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 30, 2021, 11:37:22 PM
And you wonder why we don't get more anti-vaccine Kenyan doctors posting here.

Big LOL at this.

I don't find it funny if anyone dies, it's obviously a very sad event and no one is promoting this as a "feel-good" story, fucking hell. But there's definitely a grim irony to someone dying what seems likely to have been a preventable death, after having railed against that very preventative measure. And someone who was in a position of influence and power over the health of others, too.

And yes as jobotic says, fucking sick of the focus on "only people with underlying conditions die" (I'm sure anyone with underlying conditions must have really loved hearing that ad nauseum in all the briefings over the last year), and also the complete ignoring of all those patients who conveniently don't contribute to the death toll figures but are stuck living with life-changing debilitating conditions. Can't walk up a flight of stairs, periods stopped, can't taste food properly, possibly ever again, but who cares, you're not dead so what's the problem? And as I've said before I know young, formerly healthy people who are in this position. It's fucking heartbreaking and terrifying. "Straw that broke the camel's back", fuck off.

Kankurette

Because dismissing people who died of COVID and had underlying conditions, like they didn't matter and were expendable, is not being a 'mean-spirited turd' at all. What do you get out of this? Lockdown is ENDING, for fuck's sake, and soon you won't have to wear your yellow star mask anymore.

More proof that COVID deniers don't give a shit about disabled people. Never have, never will.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on May 01, 2021, 07:18:04 PM
It says he died of 'COVID-19 related complications.' He doesn't look that old so he probably had some underlying health issues and COVID was the straw that broke the camel's back, as is the case in many COVID deaths. But it serves as great propaganda and a nice 'feel good' story for mean spirited turds.

It should be established how many people who died from COVID-19 were below the age of 60 and were in a good state of health. I'd imagine the figures will be relatively low.

I know, right?!

checkoutgirl

Man promotes free range dinosaurs gets eaten by dinosaur. What kind of turd would laugh at that?

Man juggling chainsaws loses his arm. What kind of turd would laugh at that?

Man wearing adult nappy slips in his own shit and falls of a mountain. That's not funny at all.

mothman

It sort of is though. The first two, yeah there's grim irony, with a spot of cringe in the middle one. But won't lie, I see that last one in the news, there's gonna be a belly laugh.

Cuellar

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteNice 'feel good' story for mean spirited turds

Better a mean spirited turd than an advocate for mass death like you.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Don't you lot get it? Wanking Monk is against Nazi-style policies, like suggested mask wearing. That's why we have to cull these genetically inferior untermensch ignore the wellbeing of the elderly/people with underlying medical conditions.

Kankurette

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 02, 2021, 09:37:19 PM
Don't you lot get it? Wanking Monk is against Nazi-style policies, like suggested mask wearing. That's why we have to cull these genetically inferior untermensch ignore the wellbeing of the elderly/people with underlying medical conditions.
It does feel like that. I'm one of the lucky ones, my disability is not one that requires shielding, but there's an underlying thread of contempt for disabled people from COVID deniers, like we're a lesser species and if we die, it doesn't matter because we're not people anyway. And I'm a cunt for thinking this is not acceptable behaviour.

jobotic

To be fair to the Wanking Monk he probably, like Fox, doesn't mean any of this. I bet he wears a mask and has had his first vaccine.

Actually maybe that's worse.

Kankurette

It just touches a nerve. Partly because of people I know who've lost friends and family and partly because the COVID denialist movement are active where I live, and they're balls deep in antisemitism. It's ironic they compare themselves to Jews while blaming us for COVID, if they're not blaming Muslims or the Chinese as well.

I honestly don't care if I get COVID because I see my life as expendable. I do care if my family get it.

jobotic

I know, my "to be fair" was meant to be sarcastic. And Covid Denialism does indeed have a massive crossover with the far-right. That's why their stickers should have antifascist stickers stuck over them if they won't come off.

Quote from: Kankurette on May 02, 2021, 10:29:29 PM

I honestly don't care if I get COVID because I see my life as expendable.

Oi. Your life is not expendable!

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on May 02, 2021, 10:29:29 PM
I honestly don't care if I get COVID because I see my life as expendable. I do care if my family get it.

Don't be silly.

JamesTC

Kankurette

Quote from: bgmnts on May 02, 2021, 10:35:31 PM
Don't be silly.
I'm being deadly serious. I doubt I'll get it though anyway, rates are dropping.

flotemysost

Hugs to you Kankurette, I'm sorry that cunts like this are making you feel this way, but no one is expendable!

I can relate in the sense that I'm not really arsed if I get it myself (since February 2020 I've been living in in boroughs with very high rates, so there's a good chance I may have already had it with mild or no symptoms - I suspect I may have had it over Christmas, given the weird solid 10-day splitting headache/dizziness/confusion spell I had around then - tested negative, but it was probs too late for an accurate result anyway) - but I just don't want to be a vector for passing it on to someone who might get more seriously ill.

However the hateful rhetoric implying certain lives are less valuable than others can fuck RIGHT off. As you say these idiotic twats are hypocritical to the extreme, nothing they say makes any logical sense whatsoever, it's driven purely by insecurity, fear and ignorance.

Came across a White Rose sticker this afternoon and thanks to this thread I now know what it stands for - attempted to peel it off but no luck, have vowed to bring a Sharpie with me whenever I venture out now so I can deface any hateful propaganda as needed.

bgmnts

Quote from: Kankurette on May 03, 2021, 01:03:56 AM
I'm being deadly serious. I doubt I'll get it though anyway, rates are dropping.

Well sort that thinking out you silly sausage.

Kankurette

The stupid twats are still putting up anti-lockdown stickers even though lockdown is going to be relaxed even more this month. 'No more lockdowns'. Well, derr, you cunts, that's happening right now.

When I was visiting my parents I was happy to see people had had the same idea as flotemysost and taken a sharpie/marker pen to the stickers. Cambridge isn't having any of it.