Author Topic: Serge:Three years on  (Read 1061 times)

timebug

• Father of Serge
Serge:Three years on
« on: May 01, 2021, 09:18:21 AM »
Three years today since your old forum mate Serge left us. My son Marc was my best friend (after my wife!) and a great sparring partner for verbal discussions/disagreements on music,films,TV etc!! So raise a glass of whatever you fancy, or smoke a spliff, or have a cup of tea,and remember him for a few moments. He liked you lot for some reason!

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
Re: Serge:Three years on
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 09:29:22 AM »
Wow, three years already. Time really flies

He's missed, and I hope he's enjoying himself somewhere, and laughing at all us Covid idiots

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 09:37:58 AM »
I'll definitely be raising a glass to him later on today, his friendship is something I still miss enormously and I hope you're doing the best you can on a day like this good sir.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 09:41:15 AM »
Doing it now with my morning cuppa 'to Marc'.

Hope wherever you have passed onto in this Universe you are happy and having a bit of laugh too.

And to dad, sending you and your wife all the love in this world. Take care x

timebug

• Father of Serge
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 09:44:51 AM »
My wife left us two years prior to Marc, but thanks for the good wishes. Cliche No1234: Life goes on, dunnit? You take each day as what it is. My religious pals (yes I know two or three) tell me it is 'all part of the great plan'. Okay.Seems like a pretty shite plan from where I am, but hey, nobody makes your life any more than what it is, unless you let them!

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 09:50:14 AM »
Not forgotten and glad you’ve stuck around here timebug

Glebe

• It's a fanny old mafia game, innit?
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 09:51:03 AM »
Hugs and love timebug, hope you're feeling okay... hardly needs to be said but just to reiterate your son was and is dearly loved on here, a cultural connoisseur, and his kindness and decency shone through in his posts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • ❤️Stag Bol®❤️
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 10:00:57 AM »
Not forgotten and glad you’ve stuck around here timebug

Likewise, a great guy and seems like some top class parenting may have helped too.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 10:02:56 AM »

Ian Drunken Smurf

• Archbast*rd of Canterbury
  • Golden Member
  • Dominic Cummings chews bats
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 10:12:19 AM »
I've read an awful lot of books this year, some from lurking in Shelf Abuse - where we are reminded of him. Mug of tea about to be raised.

icehaven

• WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP OFF: $100 PER PERSON
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 10:14:55 AM »
Wow, 3 years. He was a lovely man, much missed.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 10:42:23 AM »
My wife left us two years prior to Marc, but thanks for the good wishes. Cliche No1234: Life goes on, dunnit? You take each day as what it is. My religious pals (yes I know two or three) tell me it is 'all part of the great plan'. Okay.Seems like a pretty shite plan from where I am, but hey, nobody makes your life any more than what it is, unless you let them!

Oh God sorry to hear that (I haven't been around as long as others here) and yes from any perspective that is an absolutely shit plan. No other way of saying it.

But l've been on many different forums over the years and it is very rare that past posters are remembered, even a week after they leave.

Your son Marc had something exceptional, for people to still talk about him and remember him with such love and laughter.

Again sending you the love and strength in the world x

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 11:40:23 AM by NoOffenceLynn »

Jockice

• I really have red hair. And a **********.
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 10:46:11 AM »
I'm raising my (veggie) breakfast fry-up to him at this very moment. I know it's not to the standard of the mixed grills he apparently loved but it's the best I can do.

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 11:28:57 AM »
I think about Marc often and he's dearly missed. A really lovely man.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 01:25:10 PM »
I think about Marc often and he's dearly missed. A really lovely man.
This.

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 01:33:30 PM »
Hope today isn't too bad for you, timebug.

I'll always miss Serge loads. It's quite upsetting when he pops up on my Facebook on his birthday.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2021, 05:52:44 PM »
You’re clearly an excellent man and father. Thoughts with you.

H-O-W-L

• Just A Number Ridin' Solo In The Code
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 06:18:31 PM »
I frankly did not have the chance to meet him but wish I had. Thoughts with you.

non capisco

• Automatic writing by phantom limb
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 06:20:45 PM »
All my best, timebug, hope you're not doing too bad today. Raising a glass to Marc now, he was a wonderful man who enriched the lives of everyone he interacted with. I consider myself lucky to have got to know him even in the small 'over the internet' way that I did.

Blue Jam

• The pie don't lie
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2021, 09:08:18 PM »
It was Serge's recaps on Facebook that got me into Breaking Bad. That made me go from "Oh FFS, that show with all the annoying fanboys who won't stop going on about it" to "Hold on, this actually sounds quite interesting, perhaps I should give it a chance". From there I got into Better Call Saul, which was to become my favourite show of all time, but which now makes me very sad to think that Serge won't get to see how the story ends. I often think of him when watching it, and if I've got a bottle of wine open I'll raise a glass to him.

Thanks Serge, for all your joy and positivity, and thanks to you timebug for making him *raises glass*

Jerzy Bondov

• best not bother
    • righto so ive got five minutes off work and uh yeah im gonna have a cheeky volvic
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2021, 09:09:53 PM »
Thinking of you timebug x

Tags: