Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

why do you never see a child T-1000 doing a paper round

Started by Replies From View, May 01, 2021, 10:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Replies From View

They go a bit faster than running speed, I'll admit, as long as their target is not merely walking.

bomb_dog

How do you know all children doing paper rounds "these days" aren't T1000'ses in disguise as childs?

Glebe

Replies From View

Quote from: bomb_dog on May 01, 2021, 11:10:52 PM
How do you know all children doing paper rounds "these days" aren't T1000'ses in disguise as childs?

Because a T-1000 has to remain the same volume when transformed, and you never see a fat child doing a paper round.

bomb_dog

Quote from: Replies From View on May 02, 2021, 05:58:35 PM
Because a T-1000 has to remain the same volume when transformed, and you never see a fat child doing a paper round.
The bike and bag are part of the T1000'es?

frajer

Replies From View

Quote from: bomb_dog on May 02, 2021, 06:26:01 PM
The bike and bag are part of the T1000'es?

A bike is far too complex a mechanism for a T-1000 to emulate.  This is basic.

The bag, well ok but that's not enough liquid metal spent on just the bag to account for the volume difference.  If it was the newspapers as well, that would be another thing, but unless there's a long term project to get fragments of a T-1000 into people's homes it seems a bit short-sighted.  For a start it wouldn't be able to do any further rounds without being substantially smaller each time.  And I would need to see evidence that this was happening, by the way, not just conjecture.

Glebe

Saw a teenage robocop putting flyers in peoples' letterboxes once.

bgmnts

You cant take newspapers through the time machine.

The only way you could was if you wrapped the papers up in polyolly alloy and then wrapped them up in human skin (sans anus). Then, maybe.

Glebe

Also an ED-209 once called round our house we a bucket and sponge asking could he wash the car for 50p. Totally fantastical and unrealistic!

frajer

You have 20 seconds to comply do you want it washing or not

bomb_dog

Maximilian out of off of 'The Black Hole' had a teenage job chipping potatoes in our local chippy. They kept him out the back but you could see the red glow of his eyes through the door blinds.

Glebe

Quote from: bomb_dog on May 02, 2021, 09:09:37 PMMaximilian out of off of 'The Black Hole' had a teenage job chipping potatoes in our local chippy. They kept him out the back but you could see the red glow of his eyes through the door blinds.

Though I heard an R2-D2 tweeting in the back of a local Chinese once. That's my movie robot takeaway story!

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on May 02, 2021, 08:59:35 PM
You cant take newspapers through the time machine.

The only way you could was if you wrapped the papers up in polyolly alloy and then wrapped them up in human skin (sans anus). Then, maybe.

But when they arrive in their designated time zone they can just collect the papers they need to deliver from the newsagent, as per a normal paper round.  Nobody said they need to be future newspapers.

Glebe

You can take them but the headlines change like in BttF.

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on May 02, 2021, 09:31:57 PM
You can take them but the headlines change like in BttF.

I need to see evidence for this claim.

Glebe

Replies From View