Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kuenssberg on Johnson's relationship with the truth

Started by olliebean, May 02, 2021, 10:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56624437

It's essentially a whitewash. She somehow manages to avoid mentioning any of the occasions on which he's been proven to have lied, instead going for the narrative that he doesn't lie, not really, he more sort of bends the truth when it suits him, but then all politicians do that, don't they, he's just really good at it.

bakabaka

Quote from: olliebean on May 02, 2021, 10:41:13 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56624437

It's essentially a whitewash. She somehow manages to avoid mentioning any of the occasions on which he's been proven to have lied, instead going for the narrative that he doesn't lie, not really, he more sort of bends the truth when it suits him, but then all politicians do that, don't they, he's just really good at it.

... and he just wants to be loved. Ahhh.

idunnosomename

It is an interesting point coming out that Johnson (such as he is, the real person) has so many financial liabilities (divorce, illegitimate children, his poshcunt life style) that he really can't afford to be PM, and the restriction of only(!) getting 120k or whatever it is, and massive restrictions on his earnings (he probably earnt more than that off his Telegraph column)

Ah back in the day when patriotic britain could just have the state settle Churchill's gambling debts so he could beat the Nazis for us. Woke menace has destroyed beautiful britain

Fambo Number Mive

Kuenssberg's claim that Johnson "wants to be loved" is nonsense, given his love of dividing the people through culture wars. He is a Trumpian figure who only cares about the trappings of power and playing at prime minister. A very lazy man, he has no interest in doing the actual job and hates being criticised or held to account. I think his "world king" desire sums up what he wants to be and he will do or say anything to get there. I do wonder whether he has any political beliefs other than a love for Churchill and being as wealthy as possible. Awful, awful man who shouldn't be in any elected office.

Kankurette

idunnosomename

GROWN-UP

kuenssberg is basically your least-favourite school teacher

Paul Calf

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 02, 2021, 10:53:46 AM
GROWN-UP

kuenssberg is basically your least-favourite school teacher

She's the one whose class is disrupted by the fourth- and fifth-years hissing and asking idiotic questions.

Chairman Yang

Hahaha I saw that headline on the BBC front page and immediately imagined this thread spiralling out into the future like those worms in fuck... what's it called? Rabbit Movie.

I wonder what job she's got lined up to spunk away the absolute very last mote of dignity she has.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 02, 2021, 10:50:54 AM
Kuenssberg's claim that Johnson "wants to be loved" is nonsense, given his love of dividing the people through culture wars. He is a Trumpian figure who only cares about the trappings of power and playing at prime minister. A very lazy man, he has no interest in doing the actual job and hates being criticised or held to account. I think his "world king" desire sums up what he wants to be and he will do or say anything to get there. I do wonder whether he has any political beliefs other than a love for Churchill and being as wealthy as possible. Awful, awful man who shouldn't be in any elected office.

That's about right and is so obvious anyone saying anything different is either lying or stupid or both. Guys like Johnson and Trump are so transparent in their complete lack of giving a shit about anyone else it amazes me that people don't seem to realise it. And it's not even difficult to find this stuff out, just watch a few comedy or commentary clips on youtube.

Maybe people want to be ruled by an unqualified, selfish, manipulative, incompetent, greedy, fat, shallow, amoral, dishonest, lazy piece of shit who would sell their grandmother for a fiver and probably enjoys lying to everybody all the time.

Or maybe they just want the blond guy with terrible hair off of that quiz show on the telly.

Kankurette

The BBC, and Kuenssberg, are like Debbie Hayton (see Glinner thread for details). No matter how much they suck up to people who hate them, said people will continue to hate them. TERFs and their ilk will continue to think Hayton is a pervert and a man in drag; Tories will continue to call the BBC 'woke nonsense' and watch GB News instead.

Buelligan

Quote from: checkoutgirl on May 02, 2021, 11:32:52 AM
That's about right and is so obvious anyone saying anything different is either lying or stupid or both. Guys like Johnson and Trump are so transparent in their complete lack of giving a shit about anyone else it amazes me that people don't seem to realise it. And it's not even difficult to find this stuff out, just watch a few comedy or commentary clips on youtube.

Maybe people want to be ruled by an unqualified, selfish, manipulative, incompetent, greedy, fat, shallow, amoral, dishonest, lazy piece of shit who would sell their grandmother for a fiver and probably enjoys lying to everybody all the time.

Or maybe they just want the blond guy with terrible hair off of that quiz show on the telly.

In fairness though, people do hate a saint.  I think many of them prefer being governed by cunts, then they can feel pretty good about themselves and complain and keep believing that, if something bad were to come out of voting for cunts, it'll happen to someone else, far away.  Probably won't even make the news.  And, if some foolish saint comes door-knocking on their consciences, telling them they can make a small effort and do something about it, they won't even answer.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Kankurette on May 02, 2021, 11:34:22 AM
The BBC, and Kuenssberg, are like Debbie Hayton (see Glinner thread for details). No matter how much they suck up to people who hate them, said people will continue to hate them. TERFs and their ilk will continue to think Hayton is a pervert and a man in drag; Tories will continue to call the BBC 'woke nonsense' and watch GB News instead.
both of them are making money though. Kuenssberg gets a bit over 250k a year from auntie beeb

Pijlstaart

It's all true though, he does want to be loved, and in the biblical sense he is. A wind in the willows character, when he goes skipping down to the riverbank there's always a freshly scrubbed work-experience girl carrying a picnic basket, arm linked in fluffy arm, atop of whom he can become ebullient and jam-stained, bobbing yeti scalp ploughing a red divot where her nose should be. Why would you want him to tell the truth when he could tell you you're beautiful? Face down in the morning dew, the sensations of rhythmic bumbling behind, a very english bumbling, and all is well in the countryside. And wouldn't you rather he omitted to mention each thrust fucked you closer towards a waiting cowpat, focus on the recycled missives and burbling misremembered latin, focus on the soft fuzzy nuzzling of the children's toy latched to the back of you, not the inevitable future where you wipe shit from your eyes as a roly-poly figure scampers bare-bottomed into the distance.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Buelligan on May 02, 2021, 11:42:23 AM
In fairness though, people do hate a saint.
I mean, they had the chance to have a Prime Minister who was thoughtful and kind and spent Christmas Day giving food to homeless people.

They voted in a lying, philandering chancer instead.

bakabaka

Quote from: bakabaka on May 02, 2021, 10:44:42 AM
I was going to say that this is totally meaningless because it's the condition of virtually every human being on the planet.

But then I realised that he chose to stand for the post of prime minister in the lead up to Brexit. So he appears to be one of the very few who doesn't want to be loved at all - he just wants the power and the kudos[nb]autocorrected to kids - absolutely not![/nb]. And the early retirement with all the traditional sinecures[nb]lat: 'without a care'[/nb] to keep him in the life to which he has always been accustomed. A recently posted photo of him at school with the rest of his sports team shows one of the most aggressive examples of manspreading I've seen in a very long time. He does not want to be loved.

pigamus

Well everything I've ever read on him says he's desperate to be liked and can't stand it if he isn't.

bakabaka

Quote from: pigamus on May 02, 2021, 01:02:15 PM
Well everything I've ever read on him says he's desperate to be liked and can't stand it if he isn't.
Lies, all lies.[nb]Where 'lies' can be interpreted as 'avoiding some of the more intrusive and hard to solve problems by pretending that they don't exist', though somehow this is not the same as being delusional.[/nb]

TrenterPercenter

Bozo: I saw you on Politics Live, bashing me after PMQs, you won't be getting much access from now on ☹️

LKNewsQueen: impossible to not to join in it would have looked 2 suspect 😬

Bozo: Well what are you going to do about this?😠

LKNewsQueen: I'll see whether I can get an op ed out that sets a different tone👊👍

Bozo: Great, I wouldn't want to not have to share things with you in the future😉

Is basically what has happened and what journalists then claim is doing their job.

Wonderful Butternut

To be honest, I read the title as far as "Kuenssberg".

She nailed her colours to the mast as a Johnson/Tory sycophant quite some time ago.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 02, 2021, 10:50:15 AM
It is an interesting point coming out that Johnson (such as he is, the real person) has so many financial liabilities (divorce, illegitimate children, his poshcunt life style) that he really can't afford to be PM, and the restriction of only(!) getting 120k or whatever it is, and massive restrictions on his earnings (he probably earnt more than that off his Telegraph column)

It's well known (at least amongst Private Eye readers) that he used to get £350k a year for that column.

As for wanting to be loved, of course he bloody does!  Like Trump, he clearly has a case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (as well as being a sociopath like many of our leaders).  That's why he does things like vehemently coming out against the European Super League despite having zero interest in football, once he saw which way the wind waa blowing.

As for Laura Kuenssberg, having recently rewatched the original UK House of Cards... mmmm, best leave that thought there.

Rizla

You mean you hope she's
Spoiler alert
thrown off the commons roof like a donkey off a spanish belltower
[close]
? You sick bastard.

peanutbutter

BJ's desire to be prime minister stems from nothing other than his dad wanting it. I'd be stunned if there's anything he does that his dad doesn't ultimately have veto power over tbh.

Quote from: Kankurette on May 02, 2021, 11:34:22 AM
I wouldn't be so sympatheticto Kuenssberg, she makes loads now and she'll make even more when she leaves.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Rizla on May 02, 2021, 01:53:57 PM
You mean you hope she's
Spoiler alert
thrown off the commons roof like a donkey off a spanish belltower
[close]
? You sick bastard.

You might very well think that... I couldn't possibly comment.

Seriously, no, of course not.  I do wish she'd fuck off to spend more time with her vibrator and Boris-photo-collection, though.  Or anywhere, really, where she's not doing massive damage to impartial political journalism and, by extension, the whole country.

Buelligan

Quote from: bakabaka on May 02, 2021, 10:44:42 AM

Interesting, isn't it?  How someone who puts it about that all they want is to be loved would, repeatedly, build commitments to people - sexual ones, familial ones, business ones, political ones, employment ones - the whole fucking gamut of partnerships, and then destroy them.  That's not a search for love, it's the compulsive behaviour of someone with a huge dark screaming hole inside, looking for something that will paper over the crack in his head, failing to find it and failing to learn.

Fry

I didn't make it all the way through, does she even bring up the fact he was fired from a previous job for literally making up quotes, or that many previous colleagues of his categorically state that he is frequently untruthful?

thenoise

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 02, 2021, 12:51:36 PM
I mean, they had the chance to have a Prime Minister who was thoughtful and kind and spent Christmas Day giving food to homeless people.

They voted in a lying, philandering chancer instead.

That big sour puss Corbyn wouldn't even have a jolly chat with Johnson after he lost just walked alongside him looking grumpy. Nice jolly Johnson wanted a chat and a giggle poor loveable buffoon.

idunnosomename

QuoteHis unique way of running things - and sometimes chaotic approach to decision-making - has, sources tell me, led exasperated colleagues in No 10 to nickname him "Trolley".

"You think you are pushing it along a path towards your goal then suddenly it veers off disastrously," says one insider.
this is so dreadfully contrived it sounds like it was just made up by a deeply unfunny person.

QuoteIt was Mr Johnson himself who may have coined the analogy, telling friends he was "veering all over the place like a shopping trolley," over whether to back Leave or Remain, ahead of the Brexit referendum, according to the Sunday Times.
oh