Author Topic: Tequila  (Read 449 times)

canadagoose

• inoperable brain bum hole
Tequila
« on: May 03, 2021, 11:18:09 PM »
What do you reckon?

I think it's probably my favourite spirit. I realise that as a Scottish person that's probably heresy, but who gives a fack. It's extremely drinkable in a lot of things. On its own; margaritas; "salty chihuahuas" (tequila, salt, lime, cloudy lemonade)... Can you beat it? I know I'm partial to salt a lot more than most people because for some stupid reason my blood test always say I have low sodium, so I guess I have a craving for it, but it goes so well with tequila.

What's your favourite one? I've heard 100% agave is best, but it's not cheap. I sometimes get a bottle of the 100% agave stuff as a present from my parents at Christmas, which is always a nice treat. Wish I could have it more often but don't we all, eh.

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
Re: Tequila
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 11:20:34 PM »
I had one margarita in my life and it was like how I imagine a pisshead's cum might be like.

I've heard way too many say that tequila gives them the worst hangovers and just the smell makes them sick etc etc so I will always steer well clear!

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

• Living proof of everything wrong with the world
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 11:24:30 PM »
Neh-neh nehnehnehneh-neh neh

pancreas

• The islets of Langerhans are the very best islets
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 11:25:33 PM »
Slowly coming to terms with it. Having had it for many years solely in the form of slammers, in which you really appreciate the mollifying effect of salt and lime, I have since learnt that it isn't intrinsically disgusting. So +1 on margaritas. And especially +1 on expensive stuff that you can sip without gagging.

TrenterPercenter

• Rock the CABLADs
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 11:29:34 PM »
Funnily enough I've just got back into tequila; got some of the El Rayo stuff and have been having it with tonic and grapefruit.  Also got a bottle of Vinos De Oro Pisco which is very nice and worth the effort to make Pisco sours.  Also Negroni's but with nice vermouth; either Cocchi or Antica Formula; if you've not tried them they are really worth the investment as you can drink them as a spritz or straight with ice - they are seriously luxurious drinks and really good value for money.

Captain Z

• Die Hard or Die Tryin'
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 11:31:22 PM »
It makes me happy

Better Midlands

• I'm not internationally known
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 11:34:45 PM »

The Mollusk

• A number of deceased arachnids... and beans
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 11:35:03 PM »
Fucking evil shite, makes me black out wasted after about 3 shots. Plus it tastes like crap, and that’s coming from someone who likes black sambucca.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

• Your sleep paralysis demon
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 11:49:49 PM »
I bought a bottle of mezcal from Oddbins once, and it had a fucking worm in it. So disgusted I took it back and demanded a refund.

I did eat the worm and it had absolutely no effect whatsoever, although I was quite drunk from the mezcal. Kind of a strange smokey, oily taste. Not sure how it compares to tequila, tequila tastes a bit cleaner or purer maybe?

Zetetic

• I wasn't supposed to be around this long, so…
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 12:02:51 AM »
Several margaritas deep as an alternative to producing a side of A4 about nothing at all.

Increasingly a fan of the taste of tequila.

Had to make the Sainsbury's man keep the plastic sombrero which was not edifying.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 12:59:01 AM »
Is nice on a margarita.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

• Your sleep paralysis demon
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 01:01:19 AM »
or a fangita.

easytarget

• five gas lighters for a pound
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2021, 05:22:19 AM »
I bought a bottle of mezcal from Oddbins once, and it had a fucking worm in it. So disgusted I took it back and demanded a refund.

I did eat the worm and it had absolutely no effect whatsoever, although I was quite drunk from the mezcal. Kind of a strange smokey, oily taste. Not sure how it compares to tequila, tequila tastes a bit cleaner or purer maybe?

To me, mezcal is more smoky and complex than tequila, scotch compared to bourbon.
I can't get on with tequila or mezcal neat but they make brilliant cocktails. Last night I had a Mezcal, lemon, honey, weird intense, bitter liqueur drink, it was lovely.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Silver Member
  • ❤️Stag Bol®❤️
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 06:35:45 AM »
Partner adores mezcal. I'm not arsed.

seepage

• Undetectable in normal everyday use
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 06:59:22 AM »
Partner adores mezcal.