Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:06:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tequila

Started by canadagoose, May 03, 2021, 11:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

What do you reckon?

I think it's probably my favourite spirit. I realise that as a Scottish person that's probably heresy, but who gives a fack. It's extremely drinkable in a lot of things. On its own; margaritas; "salty chihuahuas" (tequila, salt, lime, cloudy lemonade)... Can you beat it? I know I'm partial to salt a lot more than most people because for some stupid reason my blood test always say I have low sodium, so I guess I have a craving for it, but it goes so well with tequila.

What's your favourite one? I've heard 100% agave is best, but it's not cheap. I sometimes get a bottle of the 100% agave stuff as a present from my parents at Christmas, which is always a nice treat. Wish I could have it more often but don't we all, eh.

bgmnts

I had one margarita in my life and it was like how I imagine a pisshead's cum might be like.

I've heard way too many say that tequila gives them the worst hangovers and just the smell makes them sick etc etc so I will always steer well clear!

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Neh-neh nehnehnehneh-neh neh

pancreas

Slowly coming to terms with it. Having had it for many years solely in the form of slammers, in which you really appreciate the mollifying effect of salt and lime, I have since learnt that it isn't intrinsically disgusting. So +1 on margaritas. And especially +1 on expensive stuff that you can sip without gagging.

TrenterPercenter

Funnily enough I've just got back into tequila; got some of the El Rayo stuff and have been having it with tonic and grapefruit.  Also got a bottle of Vinos De Oro Pisco which is very nice and worth the effort to make Pisco sours.  Also Negroni's but with nice vermouth; either Cocchi or Antica Formula; if you've not tried them they are really worth the investment as you can drink them as a spritz or straight with ice - they are seriously luxurious drinks and really good value for money.

Captain Z

It makes me happy

The Mollusk

Fucking evil shite, makes me black out wasted after about 3 shots. Plus it tastes like crap, and that's coming from someone who likes black sambucca.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I bought a bottle of mezcal from Oddbins once, and it had a fucking worm in it. So disgusted I took it back and demanded a refund.

I did eat the worm and it had absolutely no effect whatsoever, although I was quite drunk from the mezcal. Kind of a strange smokey, oily taste. Not sure how it compares to tequila, tequila tastes a bit cleaner or purer maybe?

Zetetic

Several margaritas deep as an alternative to producing a side of A4 about nothing at all.

Increasingly a fan of the taste of tequila.

Had to make the Sainsbury's man keep the plastic sombrero which was not edifying.

Kankurette

Is nice on a margarita.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

easytarget

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 03, 2021, 11:49:49 PM
I bought a bottle of mezcal from Oddbins once, and it had a fucking worm in it. So disgusted I took it back and demanded a refund.

I did eat the worm and it had absolutely no effect whatsoever, although I was quite drunk from the mezcal. Kind of a strange smokey, oily taste. Not sure how it compares to tequila, tequila tastes a bit cleaner or purer maybe?

To me, mezcal is more smoky and complex than tequila, scotch compared to bourbon.
I can't get on with tequila or mezcal neat but they make brilliant cocktails. Last night I had a Mezcal, lemon, honey, weird intense, bitter liqueur drink, it was lovely.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Partner adores mezcal. I'm not arsed.

seepage

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 04, 2021, 06:35:45 AM
Partner adores mezcal.

"Not even the wankers on the site would drink that."

Pink Gregory

It's why the Mexican pushed his wife down the stairs