Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:19:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BORIS DEADSON (1964 - 2021)

Started by Video Game Fan 2000, May 04, 2021, 07:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

not really i thought everyone could use some cheering up

this thread is actually about pesto

what's everyone's favourite? Either aubergine or basil for me

Chollis

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Chollis on May 04, 2021, 07:41:01 PM
it's got to be felipe berrio

that's a brand not a kind of pesto please try to stay on topic

I know you probably meant the classic basil (its a good choice) but it might be confusing to people reading who aren't as familiar with pesto as you are

Cuellar

Any pesto, it really doesn't matter. It's just pesto.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Cuellar on May 04, 2021, 07:45:03 PM
Any pesto, it really doesn't matter. It's just pesto.

this contributes nothing

Cuellar

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on May 04, 2021, 07:46:48 PM
this contributes nothing

It contributes everything anyone could ever need to know about pesto.

Video Game Fan 2000

I added dates to the thread title to make it less plausible and therefore I'm technically not trolling, just having a nice thread about pesto.

bakabaka

Wild garlic. As mentioned elsewhere in this subforum, it's available in a park near you[nb]except presumably for posters like Buelligan who live in places where it's not cold and damp for long enough for the stuff to thrive[/nb] for a very limited time.

Fucking gorgeous.

Video Game Fan 2000

We used to get that from the local farmers market, never made pesto with it though.

One of the supermarket own makes used to do a wild garlic variety and it was suprisingly good

BlodwynPig

Robert Pesto

Boris deadson's 2nd favourite pesto

bgmnts

Quote from: bakabaka on May 04, 2021, 07:50:24 PM
Wild garlic. As mentioned elsewhere in this subforum, it's available in a park near you[nb]except presumably for posters like Buelligan who live in places where it's not cold and damp for long enough for the stuff to thrive[/nb] for a very limited time.

Fucking gorgeous.

That actually sounds lush, I may try some.

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on May 04, 2021, 07:49:41 PM

Vegan what? Be specific.

Pesto.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Chollis on May 04, 2021, 07:41:01 PM
it's got to be felipe berrio

Nice one Chollis thanks for diverting another pesto thread well done.

Video Game Fan 2000

What does 'essentialism' mean[nb]in a pesto centric context[/nb] anyway?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on May 04, 2021, 08:05:40 PM
What does 'essentialism' mean[nb]in a pesto centric context[/nb] anyway?

I would argue that pesto is not essentialist; it's function can be performed by other sauces or pastes that are not derived from it's specific attributes; for instance did you know you can make walnut pesto?

Video Game Fan 2000

thenoise

It's garlicky oily nutty and cheesy and it goes on pasta, you basically can't go wrong.

I like to eat mine while reading about the death of Alexander Boris "cunt" de Pfeffel Johnsbum.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: thenoise on May 04, 2021, 08:18:43 PM
I like to eat mine while reading about the death of Alexander Boris "cunt" de Pfeffel Johnsbum.

Sorry, the prime minister is dead? Why didn't anyone say anything.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on May 04, 2021, 08:08:47 PM
I would argue that pesto is not essentialist; it's function can be performed by other sauces or pastes that are not derived from it's specific attributes; for instance did you know you can make walnut pesto?

I think pesto is one of those things angry Italian chefs can't get you on, because the word is a generic name for anything made by smashing and crushing stuff (it's the specific regional varieties that they will fiercely protect), so it's a great way to use up leftover vegetables and rustle up a quick dinner.

Kankurette

1) You bastard and 2) hopefully the one I'm making tomorrow. My dad made his own, I'd like to have a go too.

Mr Banlon

Sacla chilli pesto is bloody nice.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Inspector Norse on May 04, 2021, 08:40:19 PM
I think pesto is one of those things angry Italian chefs can't get you on, because the word is a generic name for anything made by smashing and crushing stuff (it's the specific regional varieties that they will fiercely protect), so it's a great way to use up leftover vegetables and rustle up a quick dinner.

Pesto nominalism

Dex Sawash

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 04, 2021, 09:20:29 PM
Your dad makes his own 'pesto'

Don't ask your dad why there are only pine nuts in the pesto on days when his nose is suspiciously blackhead free.

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on May 04, 2021, 07:48:43 PM
It contributes everything anyone could ever need to know about pesto.

He's got you there pal.

Video Game Fan 2000

I'm crying, I'm crying (into my pesto)

chveik

stick that fuckin pesto in your meatus