Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PUPIL SLICER (brutal math/grindcore from up-and-coming London band)

Started by The Mollusk, May 05, 2021, 01:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

After an initial couple of listens to "Mirrors", Pupil Slicer's brand new debut album, I have to say I'm massively impressed with its 37 minutes of punishing ferocity. I'm notoriously really picky about what extreme metal I enjoy based on texture, soft bits, vocal styles, but I found very little to dislike here. It's fucking monstrous.

If you're into stuff like early Dillinger Escape Plan, Burnt By The Sun, Car Bomb, Full of Hell and generally flailing volatile metal with breakneck jackknife song structures and evil discordance, give this a go.

WORTHLESS

L'APPEL DU VIDE

STABBING SPIDERS

Woof!

Dirty Boy

Enjoyed this.

Maybe i've had my head up my arse, but there seem to be a lot of good female fronted extreme metal/hardcore bands i've been hearing lately, eg; Couch Slut, Cloud Rat, Closet WitchFuck The Facts and the quite horrifying sounding Succumb who i only heard recently. Check out those vocals.

Just remembered Venom Prison as well, they're pretty good.

The Mollusk

Whoa, a reply!

Thanks for checking it out, DB! I'll be sure to check out those recco's too. I discovered Venom Prison the other day after googling "Welsh death metal" on a total whim. They're fucking ace.

Capra are a really good female-fronted metallic hardcore band too, if you dig that sort of thing!

ASFTSN

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 09, 2021, 02:39:44 PM
googling "Welsh death metal" on a total whim.

Certainly hope you found some Desecration albums...

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Dirty Boy on June 09, 2021, 01:26:48 PM
Closet Witch
Closet Witch were part of a big charity punk show for the cat rescue place I volunteer at, organised by my mate Nick. Bloody good night, and everyone was "Closet Witch were noisy even by the standards of the night".

easytarget