Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:24:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Screen Tests of Actors Who Didn't Make The Cut

Started by MortSahlFan, May 05, 2021, 09:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

I know he's cancelled but this thread keeps making me think of Kevin Spacey as Christopher Walken doing a screen test for Star Wars.

greenman

Quote from: mothman on May 08, 2021, 07:14:26 PM
Wikipedia (yes, I know) says Dalton was first approached circa Lazenby (either before or after OHMSS, nobody is clear on this at this point, not even him) but he felt he was far too young, being early 20s then (born '46).

It also explicitly says Neill was in the running for TLD but lost out to Dalton; what a mess that must have been, they wanted Brosnan, HAD Brosnan, but then he couldn't do it, then had to hustle for a replacement and it ended up Dalton v Neill. I thought previously that Brolin was certainly to replace Moore for Octopussy, and maybe Neill too; or perhaps just Brolin for that one, and Neill for AVTAK - but, as you say Moore kept coming back.

I'm guessing partly because Moore relaunched himself reasonably sucessfully with For Your Eyes Only, that would really have been the logical point to bring someone else in.

QuoteProducers did not want to spend the time or money needed to reshape Reed's poor public image.

chuckle.

QuoteCollins claims the producers thought he was too aggressive

we will always have Who Dares Wins.

zomgmouse

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 10, 2021, 11:12:57 AM
Cheers zomgmouse. That's one of the best pages I've ever seen on wikipedia.

I've read it on about three separate occasions and keep coming back to it and reading new things.

Shaky

Incredible comment about why Ranulph Fiennes didn't make the cut:

QuoteFor having "hands too big and a face like a farmer".

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

From that list, reckon Ollie Reed would have made a good Bond? I can certainly picture it. He'd probably get fired after a couple of films anyway for some outrage.

mothman

Quote from: Hugl on May 12, 2021, 09:23:18 PM
https://youtu.be/Lzek4r3Pj-c

Who's being screen tested there - Imogen Hassall, or the Bond actor (who is that?), or both? And how soul-destroying that must have been, to have lost out to someone as wooden as Jill St. John (in the running for the worst Bond girl ever - I still quite like DAF however) - especially given Hassall eventually took her own life in 1980...