Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:11:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Asda maths

Started by canadagoose, May 05, 2021, 11:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Noticed when I was buying fruit the other day that the prices were a bit munged up.

One lemon = 25p
One lime = 20p

And yet
Net bag of four limes = 79p
Net bag of four lemons = 75p

What's with that? You'd be daft to just buy one lemon (unless you just need the one, of course). Are they just counting on their customers not being able to work out the difference, or what?

Lungpuddle

I've always assumed they're thinking of people who only buy one lemon, as you said. I haven't done any original research or really thought about it in great detail, though.

idunnosomename

ECONOMIES OF SCALE YA CUNT

also the ones in the net bags tend to be punier.

imitationleather

My Nan always used to say, "When you buy one lemon, make a small amount of lemonade."

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 05, 2021, 11:55:15 PM

I reckon this is it. Large lemons can be twice the size of small ones, but limes tend to be a pretty consistent size. It's a classic fob-off.

Lungpuddle

Okay, I've thought about it in great detail now and I was probably wrong, but I'm not going to be all bitter about it.

Echo Valley 2-6809

You never hear about dyslexics buying melons instead of lemons, do you? Proves dyslexia, like ADD, doesn't exist.

canadagoose

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 05, 2021, 11:55:15 PM
ECONOMIES OF SCALE YA CUNT

But the ratio is the wrong way round! Unless there's only one size of lime or something. Maybe. I think it's all just normal Persian limes, whereas the lemons in bags probably are smaller.

Sebastian Cobb

1 lime = cooking something
bag = getting cunted on gin

Lungpuddle

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on May 06, 2021, 12:07:35 AM
You never hear about dyslexics buying melons instead of lemons, do you? Proves dyslexia, like ADD, doesn't exist.

It all ADDs up.

touchingcloth

Quote from: canadagoose on May 06, 2021, 12:12:09 AM
But the ratio is the wrong way round! Unless there's only one size of lime or something. Maybe. I think it's all just normal Persian limes, whereas the lemons in bags probably are smaller.

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 06, 2021, 12:03:01 AM
I reckon this is it. Large lemons can be twice the size of small ones, but limes tend to be a pretty consistent size. It's a classic fob-off.

This is the answer. Lemons cost them 1p, limes cost 2p and you're paying 71p for the netting. It's a scandal.

Lungpuddle

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 06, 2021, 12:18:55 AM
This is the answer. Lemons cost them 1p, limes cost 2p and you're paying 71p for the netting. It's a scandal.

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 06, 2021, 12:18:55 AM

You can say that again.

EDIT Ah fuck. I probably deserve to look like a tit, yeah.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 06, 2021, 12:03:01 AM

Or they just really want to sell more lemons.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 06, 2021, 12:30:11 AM
Or they just really want to sell more lemons.

Yeah it's all the work of Big Lemon trying to keep people off the likes of Jif and Ktc.

purlieu

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on May 06, 2021, 12:07:35 AM
Proves dyslexia, like ADD, doesn't exist.
I think you'll find my dad does exist.

Echo Valley 2-6809

bakabaka

Shoulders?-Stomach!

^laughed

Lemon is one of my favourite flavours, sublime substance, I would probably choose Lemon Meringue Pie as a final meal, engulfed for eternity by its heavenly beauty, but limes are better.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 06, 2021, 09:04:57 AM
Lemon is one of my favourite flavours, sublime substance, I would probably choose Lemon Meringue Pie as a final meal, engulfed for eternity by its heavenly beauty, but limes are better.

I've got news for you, BUDDY: lemon meringue pie isn't a meal, PAL, nor is it a proper noun. Got it, CHUM?

hamfist

dit der duh duh duh *pats arse*

littlenell

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 06, 2021, 09:58:38 AM
I've got news for you, BUDDY: lemon meringue pie isn't a meal, PAL, nor is it a proper noun. Got it, CHUM?

Why are you subverting this thread with references to tinned dog food?

steve98

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 06, 2021, 09:04:57 AM
^laughed

Your gaolers would probably use Jif,* just out of badness (I certainly would)

*Or "Cif", as they call it now.