Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What does self care look like for you?

Started by Fry, May 06, 2021, 09:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

No work today. Despite that my life really isn't hard and I have basically zero stress, I decided to take this morning for a little self-care. That means I wake up in the morning, strap on my rollerblades, and go skating along Southsea seafront listening to the radio (loving Brighton's Slack FM atm). Then I come home, vape a little weed and watch parkour or skateboarding videos on YouTube. Now you find me lying in the bathtub with just the shower on and the plug in. I wrote this entire post with voice-to-text as a shower blast warm water right into my bum hole. I will soon eat 3 sausages.I feel very self cared for.

madhair60

touchingcloth

SpiderChrist

JaDanketies

I like to take the day off and drop acid in the morning and then maybe take a bath with a bath bomb and listen to some music. Maybe read some poetry, watch a trippy movie, huff a bunch of nitrous. Used to just do it on a whim but now it takes plenty of planning.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Fry on May 06, 2021, 09:46:14 AM
Now you find me lying in the bathtub with just the shower on and the plug in.

You ok? You're not toasting in the bath again, are you?

Sebastian Cobb

See I'd consider this "doing what I want". I do that quite a lot at the expense of doing necessary, but boring stuff I've been putting off that in the long run would make my life easier.

bgmnts

Now you find me lying in the bathtub with just the shower on and the plug in.

How many times did you have to try that before you become comfortable?

Quote from: bgmnts on May 06, 2021, 10:00:45 AM
How many times did you have to try that before you become comfortable?

Starting small, then working up to the bigger ones is the key.

Buelligan

Long free walks exploring the mountains.  New orchids, mapping their homes.  Eagles float over the valley.  The air moving, a lark.  Silence of birds and air.  Flower scent and pine and thyme and the dark smell of empty wood.  Sun and a snake on an ancient wall far from human habitation.  The sun blessing.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Buelligan on May 06, 2021, 10:07:27 AM
Long free walks exploring the mountains.  New orchids, mapping their homes.  Eagles float over the valley.  The air moving, a lark.  Silence of birds and air.  Flower scent and pine and thyme and the dark smell of empty wood.  Sun and a snake on an ancient wall far from human habitation.  The sun blessing.

There are a lot of animals being drafted in to cater for this self care. Seems a bit rum, that.

madhair60

This but also a lacquer and a wank.

An tSaoi

Changing my socks in the middle of the day in the bogs at work.

canadagoose

Going to a Premier Inn in Livingston for no apparent reason and getting dinner from a BP service station across the road.

Chollis

as a shower blast warm water right into my bum hole.

you and your enemas

imitationleather

jobotic

Bubble bath, candles, Buble on the stereo, glass of prosecco. Mmm heaven!!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI wrote this entire post with voice-to-text as a shower blast warm water right into my bum hole. I will soon eat 3 sausages

Buckminster Fuller's diaries tail off a bit towards the end.

Kankurette

I'm almost jealous of you, tbh. Although Manchester isn't too bad and I couldn't live in a cave. I'm not self-sufficient enough.

Actually, self-care would be not going on CAB. I don't know why I come here. Deleting Facebook was definitely an act of self-care.

bakabaka

Quote from: madhair60 on May 06, 2021, 11:00:22 AM
This but also a lacquer and a wank.
Good to see I'm not the only one who relaxes with solvent abuse while making things shiny shiny. The simple pleasures are still the best.

Glebe

Might get a haircut next week, with lockdown restrictions easing.

Neville Chamberlain

I've got next Friday off, so I'm already thinking about my self-care routine:

Wake up, meditate, gentle abs workout, go for a run, return for more meditation, a long shower, face mask, a smoothie and superfood bowl, a long walk in the nearby woods, tofu and lentil salad, pound the wife, get pissed.

buttgammon

Watching YouTube videos with a big bag of crisps and a spliff. 10/10.

Johnny Yesno

Dex Sawash

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on May 06, 2021, 12:37:01 PM
I've got next Friday off, so I'm already thinking about my self-care routine:

Wake up, meditate, gentle abs workout, go for a run, return for more meditation, a long shower, face mask, a smoothie and superfood bowl, a long walk in the nearby woods, tofu and lentil salad, pound the wife, get pissed.

Do you have to return some videotapes?

Fr.Bigley

I wake up in the morning, strap on my rollerblades, and go skating along Southsea seafront

You wired for sound, Cliff?

checkoutgirl

Silence of birds

That wouldn't describe any of the birds in my bleedin' neighbourhood.

steve98

I wake up in the morning, strap on my strap-on, and go jitter-bugging along Southsea seafront