Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What does self care look like for you?

Started by Fry, May 06, 2021, 09:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

45 minutes of evening in my basement playing video games and trying to drink 2 cans before I have to go to bed prior to the 6am[nb]5.22am this morning actually[/nb] wake up call.

Video Game Fan 2000

Videogames, scented candles and a nice bath or my time management (which is appalling) goes to shit.

Notion of self-care is shit tho. We should go back to calling it selbstsorge and treating it as the reactionary figment it is.

Fr.Bigley

A country pub and a local to antagonise until the inevitable broken nose.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 06, 2021, 06:35:55 PM

Insist that a proper Ploughman's has baked beans "where I'm from, out in the actual country" and refuse to admit defeat until every stool in the place has been smashed to sawdust.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 06, 2021, 06:35:55 PM

Bigs can I ask a question? Is your tag a play on the Spandau Ballet tune "I don't need this pressure on" or is it just my dyslexic brain singing "shall I boil this kettle dry" to that tune?

I really cannot stop doing it.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on May 06, 2021, 06:49:45 PM
Bigs can I ask a question? Is your tag a play on the Spandau Ballet tune "I don't need this pressure on" or is it just my dyslexic brain singing "shall I boil this kettle dry" to that tune?

I really cannot stop doing it.

You've got me doing it now trent, absolute pure earworm. It's a reference to a guy I knew who wrote for TV who would constantly make tea but forget to put water in. He went through a lot of kettles.

Kankurette

Being serious: going to the gym (I'm aiming to go 3 times a week when I'm not on my period), going for walks in the park when the weather's fine, avoiding things that will set off my triggers, cooking and baking - it's therapeutic and it's one thing I am genuinely good at - doing basic stuff like having clean sheets every week or so, washing regularly etc. Even when I'm at my lowest, I insist on brushing my hair, washing and so on. It makes a difference, it doesn't matter who sees me. And having a cat means I have to get out of bed at some point, Gary can't feed himself. Quitting Facebook was an act of self-care.

Work also sometimes helps when I'm down. When Sheffield Wednesday got relegated last weekend, I buried myself in translation for hours.