Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Senedd election results

Started by bgmnts, May 07, 2021, 04:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Did they vote Plaid in the regional?

itsfredtitmus

still good news about joanne anderson

bgmnts

Quote from: Small Potatoes on May 07, 2021, 08:57:13 PM
Glad to see that my constituency (Cardiff North) has stayed Labour. The Tory candidate is about 13 and was a runner-up on Big Brother. Really.

Cardiff is weird - loads of folk on my street have Plaid placards in their garden but have told me they voted for Labour as "there's no point" in such a marginal constituency.

Ha!

His linked in job history is sublime:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joel-williams-1500531a6?originalSubdomain=uk

Quote from: Zetetic on May 07, 2021, 08:59:01 PM
Did they vote Plaid in the regional?

Very possibly, we only really talked about the necessity of keeping the Toryboy cunt at bay in the Senedd.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on May 07, 2021, 09:02:05 PM
Ha!

His linked in job history is sublime:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/joel-williams-1500531a6?originalSubdomain=uk

Was that the smirking little weirdo beaming out at me from a billboard on Ty Glas Road today?  I had to double take at that.

bgmnts

Horrid cunts doing well in the regionals.

bgmnts

Just 3 seats needed in 12 available regionals and Labour will clinch the first Senedd majority I think.

Harry Badger

Quote from: Small Potatoes on May 07, 2021, 08:57:13 PM
Glad to see that my constituency (Cardiff North) has stayed Labour. The Tory candidate is about 13 and was a runner-up on Big Brother. Really.

Cardiff is weird - loads of folk on my street have Plaid placards in their garden but have told me they voted for Labour as "there's no point" in such a marginal constituency.

Were they generic 'Plaid Cymru' placards or did the have the name of the candidate on it? There are loads of the former round here in the Victoria Park, which, going by actual election results means bugger all. And as I mentioned, Neil McEvoy had all of St Fagans road plastered with his stuff and he came a poor fourth. Was really surprised about that.

BritishHobo

Christ Welsh politics feels stagnant, doesn't it? I'm glad to see Abolish get the arse-end of fuck-all, because I had a really creeping fear of them storming it, and leading us with Farage-like inevitability to a referendum where a majority vote to get rid of the Senedd. But even with that avoided, and even with the joy of Wrexham and Clwyd South not going Tory, it still all feels so dispiriting. Plaid doing fine, but still clearly not enough to be really capturing the nation, just steadily going on as they are. I'm very happy with how Labour have handled the pandemic, but it feels like we're spinning our wheels in terms of politics generally.

bgmnts

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 07, 2021, 11:58:25 PM
Christ Welsh politics feels stagnant, doesn't it? I'm glad to see Abolish get the arse-end of fuck-all, because I had a really creeping fear of them storming it, and leading us with Farage-like inevitability to a referendum where a majority vote to get rid of the Senedd. But even with that avoided, and even with the joy of Wrexham and Clwyd South not going Tory, it still all feels so dispiriting. Plaid doing fine, but still clearly not enough to be really capturing the nation, just steadily going on as they are. I'm very happy with how Labour have handled the pandemic, but it feels like we're spinning our wheels in terms of politics generally.

Maybe but better than the Tories surely? And Plaid did gain a seat.

There are little glimmers of hope like:

QuoteThe Green Party say they have had their highest result in every seat bar one and have made gains in them all. While it is too early to say if that will help them in the bid for their first Senedd seat in the regions, it gives optimism ahead of next year's council elections.

bgmnts

Harry Badger

Quote from: bgmnts on May 08, 2021, 12:23:45 AM
One more regional seat and Labour get the majority.

Surely they must get that from the Mid/West region.

BritishHobo

Quote from: bgmnts on May 08, 2021, 12:02:01 AM
Maybe but better than the Tories surely? And Plaid did gain a seat.

There are little glimmers of hope like:

Oh, definitely. It's a huge relief to see the Tories not gain all the seats they did in the general election. As has been said in here already, there's some hope there that Wrexham and Clwyd South might ditch the Tories yet.

bgmnts

Quote from: Harry Badger on May 08, 2021, 12:25:23 AM
Surely they must get that from the Mid/West region.

Yeah I thought they could get that from South East but they have majority now anyway right?

Harry Badger

Quote from: bgmnts on May 08, 2021, 12:28:45 AM
Yeah I thought they could get that from South East but they have majority now anyway right?

They're still on 30, which to be fair is a practical majority unless you get troublemaking.

buttgammon

Yeah, 30 is a working majority. The current Llywydd, Elin Jones, is from Plaid so if she stays in that job, it'll effectively take one vote away from the opposition parties because she doesn't vote.

BritishHobo

Lot of chatter on Twitter and the like about Mark Drakeford and Labour winning. It's nice but it sort of feels like Wales has conveniently just become relevant to English political commentators because they can use the result to support whatever argument they're making about Kier Starmer.

Zetetic

Particularly given how little inspection is given over to either Welsh Labour's espoused ideology or actual activity.

Rural child poverty? Handing over sectioned NHS patients to for-profit providers? Pissing millions away on Aston Martin? The Tenant Saver Loan bollocks?

jobotic

Hopefully politics has seen the last of Mark Reckless. He was our tory MP here, before he left for Ukip. Then lost to a Tory, then decided to go and be a Ukip Senedd Member, then he left Ukip for the Tory Group, then he joined the Brexit party and then Abolish. And now he's out on his ear.

Could be raking it in as Tory MP for Rochester and Strood to this day if it wasn't for his hubris. Twat.

Aaaaaaaand my vote for the Greens was a waste of time.

canadagoose

Quote from: thecuriousorange on May 08, 2021, 02:40:22 PM
Aaaaaaaand my vote for the Greens was a waste of time.
No seats? That sucks.

bgmnts

They were celebrating the amount of votes they got yesterday, at least according to Wales Online (which is littered with so many spelling and grammar mistakes I'm wondering how accurate it is).

A few years ago they decided sub-editors were no longer necessary and made them all redundant.

Zetetic

Vaughan gone from Health, which is nice TBH.

buttgammon

Lesley Griffiths is now the only gog in the cabinet!